ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raj86
India

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by Raj86 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Congz mate :)
I am still waiting too it's been 21 weeks now :/
Just don't know what to do either to contact my local pm or just wait Nd wait ....

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Raj86 wrote:Congz mate :)
Just don't know what to do either to contact my local pm or just wait Nd wait ....
I waited 4 weeks before my MP got a response back from Home office regarding my application. Worth a go because they do give a detailed response as to why things are taking so long

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:55 pm

Untraceable wrote:
I waited 4 weeks before my MP got a response back from Home office regarding my application. Worth a go because they do give a detailed response as to why things are taking so long
Did you get a written detailed response? What did it say?
Also, can you post your details? Application from? bio date? on hold email date?

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:15 pm

avivbr wrote:
Untraceable wrote:
Did you get a written detailed response? What did it say?
Also, can you post your details? Application from? bio date? on hold email date?
Sure
Application date 29th Feb
Biometrics taken 7th March
No on hold email ever received (but home office told my MP was sent on 31st March...)
Contacted MP 4th May
Document request from Entry Clearance officer 15th May
Documents sent 16th May
MP response 31st May
Contacted decision visa making centre on documents email address to confirm if they received document on 15th May
Decision making centre received no docs (even though we sent it twice) 31st May
31st May sent document again and personal prompt response from decision making centre confirmation documents received and to expect another email regarding application.
5th June still awaiting a reply

This is the reply from My MP raising enquiry with Home office:

As you are aware on 21 February, ****** submitted an application for a settlement visa.  We apologise that Mr ***** and his stepson have paid for the fast track service but has not yet received a decision. 

I hope it is helpful to know that, as ****** application would usually fall for refusal because he does not meet the financial requirements, the pending Settlement Rule changes means that ****** case has currently had to be put on hold.  As detailed in the email, which we sent to ******** on 31 March, the reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of a judgment handed down by the Supreme Court on 22 February.

However further to this, I can confirm that on 15 May, our Visa Application Centre emailed ****** to request further evidence in order to make a decision on his case.  We requested that he submit an original and translated, HM Revenue and Customs self-assessment tax return for the financial year 2015-16.  We requested that the documents were scanned and addressed to Entry Clearance Assistant No***** at: ******** decision making centre email****

Please advise Mr ***** that we are still awaiting the requested documents and will require this information in order to progress ******** application.

I hope this answers your enquiry but please let me know if you need anything further

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 pm

@Untraceable

Have you tried contacting the UKVI call center within the last week? Or did you try escalating your case?

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:45 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:@Untraceable

Have you tried contacting the UKVI call center within the last week? Or did you try escalating your case?
Yes have done this didn't get anywhere... Case been escelated 3 times and no response was ever given.
UKVI call centre or formally HSL a third party company manage the call centre and have limited access to your details. Nearly £80 worse off and didn't get any information that I wasn't aware of

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Untraceable wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:@Untraceable

Yes have done this didn't get anywhere... Case been escelated 3 times and no response was ever given.
UKVI call centre or formally HSL a third party company manage the call centre and have limited access to your details. Nearly £80 worse off and didn't get any information that I wasn't aware of
So are you saying it was a better option to contact you MP than trying to contact UKVI yourself?

PCP
- thin ice -

Post by PCP » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:40 am

Hi Everyone

Can you guys please explain what is MP ?
As I'm new to this forum.
Thank you in advance.

PCP
- thin ice -

Post by PCP » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:04 am

About My Case :

Application and documents submitted & biometrics enrolled at: 06.02.2017 VFS Ahemdabad
(Standard Application)
Application Received at Sheffield 06.02.2017,
Application is made ready to looked by Entry Clearance Officer
,Supporting Documents forwarded to SHEFFIELD on: 08.02.2017
Documents Returned by Sheffield 18-02-2017 ,with Letter Saying That Documents Have Been Copied (Generic Letter)
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable):27 April,2017 , asking for additional documents.
Additional Document received by SHEFFIELD : 4 May , 2017
Decision made:
Contacted with 'decision made':
Contacted for Collection:
Collection made:

After sending documents no response yet, Contacted to UKVI customer service via Call, state that application is in progress,the additional documents NOt yet check by Entry Clearance Officer , Now its 80 Working days, Still wishing and hoping Positive Result Will Come.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:19 am

Hi pcp

I have applied from same country Nd same
City... Jan 2017 I am still waiting for them to get back to me aswell.... I have received only one mail which was about the hold..... since then I have heard nothing
Really don't know whT to do ...
21 weeks gone pass....

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:27 am

Raj86 wrote:Hi pcp

City... Jan 2017 I am still waiting for them to get back to me aswell.... I have received only one mail which was about the hold..... since then I have heard nothing
21 weeks gone pass....
Hi Raj,
What does your spouse do? Own business? What was the salary did u put to show ur min requirement.

davy550
Newly Registered

Post by davy550 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:10 am

Untraceable wrote:
davy550 wrote:Hi, guys. Just to let you know we just received the msg today a decision has been made on our application after 3 months waiting (Sheffield received our application on 5 March). Met all requirements and wasn't contacted by UKVI. Finger cross a visa.

Congratulations, you are one of the lucky few... Best of luck I'm sure will all be ok especially having to had waited for 3 months! Keep us posted on the outcome!

Thanks guys, our visa has been granted. Hope you all get your visas soon.

swilliams1
Newly Registered

Post by swilliams1 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:48 pm

The Freedom of Information Request was answered :

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ications_o

It could be taken as reassuring however there are many people here who are sure they do meet the minimum income requirement.

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:58 pm

swilliams1 wrote:The Freedom of Information Request was answered :

It could be taken as reassuring however there are many people here who are sure they do meet the minimum income requirement.
It is all but reassuring. Answer 4 shows a great deal of disrespect to applicants, where clearly you can not perform any challenging what so ever via the enquiry service.

That is so frustrating as I had great hopes for this FOI request, it was properly phrased and asserted.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:13 pm

Gwf001 wrote:
Raj86 wrote:Hi pcp

21 weeks gone pass....
Hi Raj,
What does your spouse do? Own business? What was the salary did u put to show ur min requirement.

Hi he works for someone.....
His sallery is 23000k
Really don't know why we r on hold :/

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:50 pm

davy550 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:
davy550 wrote:Hi, guys. Just to let you know we just received the msg today a decision has been made on our application after 3 months waiting (Sheffield received our application on 5 March). Met all requirements and wasn't contacted by UKVI. Finger cross a visa.

Congratulations, you are one of the lucky few... Best of luck I'm sure will all be ok especially having to had waited for 3 months! Keep us posted on the outcome!

HEY Davy550, can you please share your timeline and also if you al received On Hold Email with Case not straight Forward ?

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Still not heard a peep out of h/o.

Application - Unmarried Partner
Country - Ghana

Biometric done - 28th feb 2017
Application received email SHEFFIELD - 1st Mar 2017
Supporting documents received (Royal mail tracking) - 13th Mar 2017
Email requesting pre-paid envelope (because lawyer forgot to send 1) - 26th Mar 2017
Pre-paid envelope sent - 28th Mar 2017

Nothing heard since. No HOLD/PAUSE email. No nothing. My Missus makes £30k with a company in london.

3months 6days. i dont even know what to do now. Very weird and depressing at times. Emailing for £5 odd quid seems pointless, calling in sounds like a waste of time - my lawyer is suggesting pre-action protocol procedure (which he says should give a decision in two weeks but im not sure if ill be throwing more money away)

fingers crossed i'll hear something by the weekend. :?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:23 pm

qwerty85 wrote:Still not heard a peep out of h/o.

Country - Ghana

Email requesting pre-paid envelope (because lawyer forgot to send 1) - 26th Mar 2017

Nothing heard since. No HOLD/PAUSE email. No nothing. My Missus makes £30k with a company in london.

3months 6days. i dont even know what to do now. Very weird and depressing at times. Emailing for £5 odd quid seems pointless, calling in sounds like a waste of time - my lawyer is suggesting pre-action protocol procedure (which he says should give a decision in two weeks but im not sure if ill be throwing more money away)

What is a pre-action protocol procedure? Do you mean escalation of your case?

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:39 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
qwerty85 wrote:Still not heard a peep out of h/o.

Country - Ghana

What is a pre-action protocol procedure? Do you mean escalation of your case?

Waiting on confirmation from my lawyer but from what ive read online its to take the case under judicial review. Maybe he's hoping that by doing this h/o would make a quicker decision as its defo well passed their processing time or at least a judge would see the application and decide over the h/o. in quicker fashion.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:10 pm

swilliams1 wrote:The Freedom of Information Request was answered :

Answer to Q3 clearly states "only applications that were not meeting Financial threshold and were about to refused are put on hold "
Now im sure there are many people here including me who are above this threshold of 18600 and also dont have any child :/

Anyone ? Any suggestion ?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:47 pm

qwerty85 wrote:
Waiting on confirmation from my lawyer but from what ive read online its to take the case under judicial review. Maybe he's hoping that by doing this h/o would make a quicker decision as its defo well passed their processing time or at least a judge would see the application and decide over the h/o. in quicker fashion.
Following your posts on this thread, it seems that you have applied for spouse visa at the end of February. That would mean you're still within the 24-week time frame that HO take to decide on settlement visas. Are you sure it's a good idea to lodge a JR when you're not over the 24-weeks?

levisworkedupon wrote:
Answer to Q3 clearly states "only applications that were not meeting Financial threshold and were about to refused are put on hold "
Now im sure there are many people here including me who are above this threshold of 18600 and also dont have any child :/

Anyone ? Any suggestion ?
I'm quite confused by the posts on this thread. Some say that they got an email from the HO about their applications being paused in regards to the Supreme Court judgement. And others say that they got a "on hold" email.

This confuses me because we haven't got any emails from the HO about the supreme court judgement. BUT... whenever we send e-mail requests to UKVI for status updates, we get a generic response saying that, "your application is currently on hold to conduct further inquiries".

So, I'm really not sure which one people are referring to here.
Last edited by pixelrage09 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:51 pm

Dear Pixelrage09

I am referring to Supreme court Judgement email where application is put on hold.

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:51 am

Will it be like whoever got supreme court mail not going ro get visa ? And we all going to be seperated from our partners for rest of our lives ?

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:11 pm

davy550 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:

Does anyone know if Davy550 had the same Supreme On Hold email while case not straight forward ?

PCP
- thin ice -

Post by PCP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Guys Please use following link to check the status of application with the use of GWF application id.
I did try , its work for me please you guys also check and reply wether its working for u guys or not .

Please do reply.

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus