ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kunda
Newly Registered

applying for spouse visa

Post by kunda » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:50 pm

i came to the uk 2002 as a student and since then i have been renewing my visa successfull untill july 2006 when my visa renewal was rejected but was given right to appeal which i did in november 06 and that was allso rejected but was again given right to appeal again,i decided to immidiately make a fresh application with a diffrent course(study) and since then my passport and documents are still with the HO and i have not hard any thing from them.(its been more than a year now).

me and my partner a (british citizen) are planning to get married in april and would be doing it in africa.can any one tell me if i am an over stayer(since the HO is still having my documents),and wheather the new immigration laws will affect me if i withdraw my application(which i have to because i need to travel in april ) and want entry clearance to come back.

looking forward to any help,suggestion.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:58 pm

As long as the last application was made within 28 days of rejection you are not an overstayer.

But you might need to prove this when you apply.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

kunda
Newly Registered

Post by kunda » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:50 am

thanks alot victoria,i was just concern of the new laws affecting me.but if you or any one have more suggestions or advice,you are still most well come.

kunda
Newly Registered

Post by kunda » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:38 pm

hi victoria is there any thing you can help/advice on how i should go ahead with such a spouse visa application,and what do u think i should supply as evidence of why am not an over stayer.