ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse VISA application query*****urgent please****

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sat143
Newly Registered

Spouse VISA application query*****urgent please****

Post by sat143 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi, I have been a silent reader since a year now. I have gained very good knowledge about UK immigration. I am planning to apply spouse settlement VISA (VAF4A) to my wife.
I am a bit confused about recent changes to the way submission of supporting documents.
I am Indian national.
Being a sponsor, do I need to send all supporting documents including my wife english language docs and marriage certificates from my UK address to Sheffield.
Does my wife need submit her related docs in India and my sponsor related docs from my UK address to Sheffield.
Can some experts clarify my doubt please.
Thanks in advance.

maibm
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse VISA application query*****urgent please****

Post by maibm » Wed May 31, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi,

I'm similar, been a silent reader for about 2 weeks (had no idea this great forum existed).

I've put in for my wife (from Pakistan) with the VAF4A form plus appendix 2. I had to send all supporting docs to the Sheffield address. All my wife had to take to her biometrics appointment was:

- Application form (had to send it to her as I did the app on the visa4uk website and she had to sign pages 2 and 6)
- Appointment confirmation letter
- Confirmation of fee payment
- Some cash (they charged her like PKR3500 - no idea what for as I paid all the fees online and selected the appointment type etc).

She had to send me her marriage, IELTS and TB certificates so I could send with all my supporting documents to Sheffield alongside the marriage certificate, pay slips, bank statements, property inspection report etc etc.

Hope that helps and clarifies.

sat143
Newly Registered

Post by sat143 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:22 pm

Thank you for your information Maibm.... Do you know roughly how log it is taking for premium service applications?
I have been through the timelines in this forum but I am not even getting rough idea how long it will take.
Can you please list the documents which you submitted.
To prove relationship, I am sending marriage certificate, wedding photos, whats app chat and some trip tickets which we both went on.
I hope these are enough.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Wed May 31, 2017 11:11 pm

Hi sat,

I'm not familiar with which documents you need to submit in India and which need to be sent to Sheffield.

You may find this successful example posted by a lady who married her Indian husband helpful

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 25775.html

My wife applied in Russia and the only thing she took to her biometrics was her passport. Everything else went to Sheffield. If you would like to see the general list of what we sent to Sheffield, to compare with the above example, please see my thread on page 2 of this board..... Spouse Visa For My Russian Wife - Please Help.

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 26338.html

Not all of the documents we submitted are mandatory or may be necessary for you but comparison of both examples will give you a good idea.

As to priority, we applied with priority and are at day 27 tomorrow since biometrics appointment. I have not received any documents back yet or any correspondence from Sheffield since the documents arrived with them 19 days ago.

Good luck
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Wed May 31, 2017 11:23 pm

Hi, sorry no idea how long the priority service is taking. Have never had anything to do with immigration until now. I sent the following documents (may well be different requirements for India so please check first):

GWF reference plus location of appointment (Lahore) as a cover page
App form (VAF4A) with passport sized photo of my wife paper clipped
Photo of wife (bigger size on A4 as they don't specify if they want a passport sized picture or something else)
Appendix 2
IELTS certificate
Marriage certificate
English nikah nama
Urdu nikah nama
TB test certificate (didn't know I had to send this and they emailed me 2 weeks ago asking for a scanned copy. I've done this and not heard anything further. Currently we're on 65 working days taking into account bank holidays)
Sponsorship declaration (optional but I did it to cover all bases)
Wifes passport copy
Wifes passport receipt copy (shows she attended her biometrics appointment)
My passport copy
My passport visit stamps copy
Pictures
Skype call history
WhatsApp call history
WhatsApp conversation (only some parts as it's too long and 500 odd pages if I was to print the entire thing)
Employment letter
P60
8 months payslips
8 months bank statements (correspond with payslips)
Property title/ownership from land registry
Mortgage statement
Property inspection report
Council tax bill
Gas/electric bills

I've tried to provide all info regardless of it being essential or not just to be on the safe side.

Hope the above helps.

Admins - apologies in advance if I've posted something here that I'm supposed to post somewhere else

sat143
Newly Registered

Post by sat143 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Thank you guys for your valuable information. much appreciated.

sat143
Newly Registered

Post by sat143 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:52 pm

Hello guys.....
While I am accumulating all documents to my wife spouse visa just a query.
I am planning to add receipts of money transfer to my wife. Can I send those receipts to UKBA or not.
Do I need to authenticate my passport and ILR card before I send it to UKBA.

Thanks in advance

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi sat,

I'm guessing you wish to send receipts of money transfers for further evidence of subsisting relationship. In this case it is fine.

As to the passport/ILR card, if you send the originals they do not need authentiating. This is only necessary when you send copies. However, on this note I would be wary about sending originals. Many people posting on here including myself sent an original passport and now due to delays in processing have not received these back and are suffering as a consequence. If you can afford to be without these documents for 12 to 24 weeks, fine. If not, best to send copies. Wish I had done that now.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

sat143
Newly Registered

Post by sat143 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:53 am

Hello guys,

I have gathered all the documents for my wife's spouse visa. Can someone please explain the steps to fill online application form (not in detail) but just how to proceed. I was in the impression that my wife needs to fill and pay money online in India.
I just realized that the website for online application is UK website. It would be ideal to pay application fee, IHS online with UK debit or credit card.
Please suggest.