ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA Family member of a PR-EEA who is made redundant

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ojconcentrate
Newly Registered

Non-EEA Family member of a PR-EEA who is made redundant

Post by ojconcentrate » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am an EEA citizen who has had a permanent residency since 2011.
I have two children who have British Citizenship.

My wife is a Non-EEA citizen has had two 5-year (we didn't get a PR after the first one because the process took longer and she needed to travel so we just took another 5-year residency permit which is valid until End of 2017). She was employed for the first 5 years at a retail company, we had two children and she has been self employed for the past three years.

We have applied for her Permanent residency card back in January this year. We have already received the first letter informing us that they application was received and asking for the Biometric information which was submitted the same day that the letter was received.

Throughout this entire period (since 2005) I have been a "qualified" EEA resident since I've always held a job and there are no gaps between employment.

I have been informed that I am a candidate for redundancy which will be decided in the next few days.

We have enough savings that even if I am made redundant, we should be self sufficient for a few months until I find another Job.

My questions are:

1. Since I have permanent residency, would a job loss and a gap between my employment (even if a small gap) have any effect on her application that is now being processed and push me in the "unqualified" category? I assume that the decision will be made based on the information that was sent back in January. The redundancy, if it goes through, will not happen until the end of June.

2. Would me claiming any sort of job seekers allowance during the time that I will be searching for a Job to supplement our savings cause me be to become ineligible and affect her status in any way?

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Non-EEA Family member of a PR-EEA who is made redundant

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:32 pm

ojconcentrate wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am an EEA citizen who has had a permanent residency since 2011.
I have two children who have British Citizenship.

My wife is a Non-EEA citizen has had two 5-year (we didn't get a PR after the first one because the process took longer and she needed to travel so we just took another 5-year residency permit which is valid until End of 2017). She was employed for the first 5 years at a retail company, we had two children and she has been self employed for the past three years.

We have applied for her Permanent residency card back in January this year. We have already received the first letter informing us that they application was received and asking for the Biometric information which was submitted the same day that the letter was received.

Throughout this entire period (since 2005) I have been a "qualified" EEA resident since I've always held a job and there are no gaps between employment.

I have been informed that I am a candidate for redundancy which will be decided in the next few days.

We have enough savings that even if I am made redundant, we should be self sufficient for a few months until I find another Job.

My questions are:

1. Since I have permanent residency, would a job loss and a gap between my employment (even if a small gap) have any effect on her application that is now being processed and push me in the "unqualified" category? I assume that the decision will be made based on the information that was sent back in January. The redundancy, if it goes through, will not happen until the end of June. As you've correctly assumed, the decision will be made on your employment on the date the application was submitted.

2. Would me claiming any sort of job seekers allowance during the time that I will be searching for a Job to supplement our savings cause me be to become ineligible and affect her status in any way? No.

Many thanks
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ojconcentrate
Newly Registered

Post by ojconcentrate » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Thank you. I know there is little to be concerned about but I like to be prepared for any eventualities. Thank you again.

Jblaze70
Newly Registered

Post by Jblaze70 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi,
I am writing regarding myself I have done my 5years as a dependant on my mother who has permanent resident, but right now I was Refuse based on the fact my mother who sponsored me 5years ago is now a British citizen, and I have execise my treaty right studied for 2years and then work for 3years even still now.
1. So my question is how will I go about this and it possible to still apply for my PR?
2. Do I have to apply for a indefinite leave to remain?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:06 pm

ojconcentrate, once you have acquired PR, you don't need to be a qualified person.

Jblaze70, wait for the judgment. If you are an EEA citizen, then you could also be a qualified person in your own right.

You cannot apply for indefinite leave to remain under the Immigration rules, except under Long residence. However, it's pointless as it will fail, if you fail under the EEA regulations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ojconcentrate
Newly Registered

Post by ojconcentrate » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:08 pm

Thank you, vinny. You're incredibly helpful, as always.