ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice/Guidance around ESCALATION of visas

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ryanbcfc
Newly Registered

Advice/Guidance around ESCALATION of visas

Post by Ryanbcfc » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi all

Im looking for some advice.

My wife has applied for a UK spouse visa and we had confirmation Sheffield received our application 8th May 2017. I paid priority for this which advises it will be done in 15 working days.

However today is the 20th working day with no reply.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english

I contacted the phone number on the link above 00 44 203 481 1736. Someone there told me the last update on the application was 8th May and basically told me no one has even looked at it!

I expressed my concerns with this and asked what i paid my priority fee for when it hasn't even been touched in over the time period they specified.

In the end the person there told me he would Escalate it to a Manager who would contact Sheffield and then the manager would then call me back within 48 hours to advise whats going on.

I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so does this escalation actually work? Will it mean someone will actually look at my wife's case? or is it what im thinking and it is just something to make it look like there doing something but in reality i just have to sit here and wait?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards
Ryan

pixelrage09
India

Re: Advice/Guidance around ESCALATION of visas

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:45 pm

I don't think you qualify for an escalation before 24 weeks are over.

There are many, many people in this forum that have applied for PRIORITY and have been waiting for a decision since January/February.

And as per the UKVI contact center, "even if you applied for priority, you could still be waiting 12 weeks to get a response."

I know it sucks, but you have got to give it some more time before escalating your case.

Ryanbcfc
Newly Registered

Post by Ryanbcfc » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi Pixel

Thanks for your reply.

Really some people have been waiting with priority since January/Feb? But how it says 100% of applications are done in 60 working days?

Also yes i have seen now on other posts about people waiting longer then me but this is what i got advised that it is being escalated. So what does this mean exactly do you know if this helps?

Many thanks

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Ryanbcfc wrote:Hi Pixel

Thanks for your reply.

Really some people have been waiting with priority since January/Feb? But how it says 100% of applications are done in 60 working days?

Also yes i have seen now on other posts about people waiting longer then me but this is what i got advised that it is being escalated. So what does this mean exactly do you know if this helps?

Many thanks
I am aware of quite a few cases on this forum and in person that are waiting. My own cousin who applied for his wife from India through priority has been waiting since late January. When he called the UKVI contact center, they said that the 15 days is only a "guideline" and not a service standard.

Furthermore, UKVI always mention in their emails that you should expect a decision on 95% cases within 12 weeks and 100% of the cases within 24 weeks. And that is the standard they adhere to.

I know how hard it is to be away from your loved ones and even a week can feel like a year, but with the HO's poor record of splitting up families coupled with appalling customer service, it's people like us that are left to suffer.

Ryanbcfc
Newly Registered

Post by Ryanbcfc » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:05 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Ryanbcfc wrote:Hi Pixel

Thanks for your reply.

Many thanks
I am aware of quite a few cases on this forum and in person that are waiting. My own cousin who applied for his wife from India through priority has been waiting since late January. When he called the UKVI contact center, they said that the 15 days is only a "guideline" and not a service standard.

Furthermore, UKVI always mention in their emails that you should expect a decision on 95% cases within 12 weeks and 100% of the cases within 24 weeks. And that is the standard they adhere to.

I know how hard it is to be away from your loved ones and even a week can feel like a year, but with the HO's poor record of splitting up families coupled with appalling customer service, it's people like us that are left to suffer.
To be honest in a way that is quite scary if i don't my quick calculation right if someone applied at the last week of January there on about week 23 now.

How can this still not be done as priority? How the hell do none priority ones get done? Was there any reason as to why its took that long like they classed it as complex or something?

Also do you know if there is any way to claim a refund on the priority fee as whats the point in it if its took the maximum amount of time to get a decision anyway.