ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

comprehensive health insurance questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liberty1
Newly Registered

comprehensive health insurance questions

Post by liberty1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi all and thanks for your help

On the EEA permanent residence form they require the self sufficient applicant to have held "comprehensive" health insurance for the 5 years.

My questions are:

1) how to they determine that an insurance is comprehensive? Insurances have all sorts of commercial names and levels of cover: what kind of criterium do they use?

2) Could the fact that I didn't personally subscribe the policy be a problem? I am an Italian national and I have had private health insurance for many years through my father's policy in Italy, which includes me. My name is on the policy but I didn't subscribe it personally.

3) My policy is in Italian, do I have to get at least the contract translated in English?

Thank you very much for your help!