ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

davy550
Newly Registered

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by davy550 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:37 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:
davy550 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:
davy550 wrote:Hi, guys. Just to let you know we just received the msg today a decision has been made on our application after 3 months waiting (Sheffield received our application on 5 March). Met all requirements and wasn't contacted by UKVI. Finger cross a visa.

Congratulations, you are one of the lucky few... Best of luck I'm sure will all be ok especially having to had waited for 3 months! Keep us posted on the outcome!

Thanks guys, our visa has been granted. Hope you all get your visas soon.
HEY Davy550, can you please share your timeline and also if you al received On Hold Email with Case not straight Forward ?
Our application was submitted on 5 March and all documents were scanned at visa application centre. Got email confirmation from Sheffield two days later saying they had received our application. It's the only email we received during the entire application process. We chased our case a few times by email and only got the general format useless responses as everyone has received here. We didn't get any email saying our application was delayed or on hold. We suddenly got the text but no email (we paid for mobile phone text reminder at the application centre) on 6 July saying a decision had been made and passport can be collected. It was our experience.

davy550
Newly Registered

Post by davy550 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:44 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:
davy550 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:
davy550 wrote:Hi, guys. Just to let you know we just received the msg today a decision has been made on our application after 3 months waiting (Sheffield received our application on 5 March). Met all requirements and wasn't contacted by UKVI. Finger cross a visa.

Congratulations, you are one of the lucky few... Best of luck I'm sure will all be ok especially having to had waited for 3 months! Keep us posted on the outcome!

Does anyone know if Davy550 had the same Supreme On Hold email while case not straight forward ?
No we did't receive any other email except for the email to confirm Sheffield received our application at the beginning. Even no email so far to notify a decision had been made. We only received a text (we paid for the text reminder at the application centre) when a decision was available and can be collected.

davy550
Newly Registered

Post by davy550 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:49 pm

PCP wrote:Guys Please use following link to check the status of application with the use of GWF application id.
I did try , its work for me please you guys also check and reply wether its working for u guys or not .

Please do reply.

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Yes this link works for me as I can see my application has been decided and I had received my visa yesterday.

davy550
Newly Registered

Post by davy550 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:58 pm

HEY Davy550, can you please share your timeline and also if you al received On Hold Email with Case not straight Forward ?[/quote]

Our application was submitted on 5 March and all documents were scanned at visa application centre. Got email confirmation from Sheffield two days later saying they had received our application. It's the only email we received during the entire application process. We chased our case a few times by email and only got the general format useless responses as everyone has received here. We didn't get any email saying our application was delayed or on hold. We suddenly got the text but no email (we paid for mobile phone text reminder at the application centre) on 6 July saying a decision had been made and passport can be collected. It was our experience.[/quote][/quote]

Sorry for the typo. Submitted on 6 March and got decision on 5 June, passport and visa collected on 6 June.

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:36 pm

PCP wrote:Guys Please use following link to check the status of application with the use of GWF application id.
I did try , its work for me please you guys also check and reply wether its working for u guys or not .

Please do reply.

Hi @PCP, it did not work for me, tried all the reference numbers I got up until now and it says "The reference number ************ has not been recognised"

It's been 21 weeks since biometrics were sent. Did it work for anyone else who got their pause, specially if they applied from South America?

PCP
- thin ice -

Post by PCP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:42 pm

tchindy wrote:

Please do reply.

Hi @PCP, it did not work for me, tried all the reference numbers I got up until now and it says "The reference number ************ has not been recognised"

It's been 21 weeks since biometrics were sent. Did it work for anyone else who got their pause, specially if they applied from South America?

Hi please check with ur GWF reference number

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Please do reply.

It didn't work for me for any of my reference numbers.
I think it only works from within the UK and not for applicants who applied from outside

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Please do reply.

PCP,

Thankyou so much for that link. My application says decided 24th May - decision should be received within 10 working days (which is today or tomorrow if i include bank holidays).

If I dont hear anything i shall be calling them.

My message,

"Decided

Application status updated on 24 May 2017.

What does this mean?
The decision has been posted to you. You should receive this within 10 working days. We cannot discuss this decision online or by phone.

The order of the status is Open, Awaiting a decision and Decided.

If you don't receive your decision within 10 working days, you can phone us and we will look into this for you.

For further information about application processing times please visit GOV.UK."

So fingers crossed this actually means something i should hear by end of the week.

Pray for me.

Thanks

Just wanted to add this system says its a trial so may be wrong.

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:34 pm

davy550 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:

Hi davy,

can you confirm what date the trial service (via pcps link) says your application was decided?

davy550
Newly Registered

Post by davy550 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:53 pm

qwerty85 wrote:
davy550 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:

Hi davy,

can you confirm what date the trial service (via pcps link) says your application was decided?
It says Application status updated on 30 May 2017. But we received the text reminder ready for collection on 5 June.

rvg1212
Newly Registered

Post by rvg1212 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:06 pm

avivbr wrote:

Please do reply.

It didn't work for me for any of my reference numbers.
I think it only works from within the UK and not for applicants who applied from outside
Hello people, that link for status check doesn't work for me either. Tried all reference numbers I had, all says not recognised.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:13 pm

@qwerty85

Congratulations on the decision! Hopefully visa is granted. And please keep us updated on the outcome.

All the best :)

PCP
- thin ice -

Post by PCP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Hello guys ,

I have my application number which starts from GWF

If u guys have any number which is start from GWF then try only that one.

I try this and it's shows to me , on my application the decision had been already made.

So best luck all others who is waiting.
Always be positive.

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:48 pm

I also tried all my ref number and also GWF.............. NUMBER BUT FILE NOT RECOGNIZED FOR ME ALSO

I THINK LINK ONLY WORK FOR THOSE WHICH APPLICATIONS DECISIONS MADE.

PCP wrote:Hello guys ,

I have my application number which starts from GWF

If u guys have any number which is start from GWF then try only that one.

I try this and it's shows to me , on my application the decision had been already made.

So best luck all others who is waiting.
Always be positive.

rai75
United Kingdom

Post by rai75 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:57 pm

davy550 wrote:

Please do reply.

Yes this link works for me as I can see my application has been decided and I had received my visa yesterday.

Mine too says decided but still waiting for it. What date did you receive the visa compared to the last updated date on the website? The date directly under the DECIDED message. Please advise

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Just looking for a bit of clarity here - why have they paused applications that don't meet the financial requirements? Surely they should have just denied them? What happened with the court ruling in February that means they're not straight up denying? I didn't meet the income via my job alone, but I have savings held for over 6 months to make my income up to a total £22,000 so I don't see what the issue is. Seems like others who meet the full income requirement on job alone and they've still been paused. I just wish there was someone we could contact for some clarity on the situation

Also I the link doesn't work for me using any of my reference numbers

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Link works only for those applied within UK. When I change to outside UK, thr status check option doesnt appear

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:04 pm

what do you means apply with in UK

you know all visa application applied for out side uk for settlement visa

can you explain please

Gwf001 wrote:Link works only for those applied within UK. When I change to outside UK, thr status check option doesnt appear

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:20 pm

Miss UK wrote:what do you means apply with in UK

can you explain please

Gwf001 wrote:Link works only for those applied within UK. When I change to outside UK, thr status check option doesnt appear
People already in the UK on student, business visa can switch to spouse visa.
2nd thing people can apply for extension of spouse visa also within the UK.

PCP
- thin ice -

Post by PCP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Miss UK wrote:what do you means apply with in UK

can you explain please

People already in the UK on student, business visa can switch to spouse visa.
2nd thing people can apply for extension of spouse visa also within the UK.

I don't know what's wrong or what's right .
But I think two application number can't be exactly the same.
I agree , it's possible that it's for inside UK Applications.

But who already received passport yesterday , for that also it's showing decided result. And how it's possible with current date ?
And that can't be a miracle.

I don't know. I'm just hoping for good result.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Misskatie wrote:Just looking for a bit of clarity here - why have they paused applications that don't meet the financial requirements? Surely they should have just denied them? What happened with the court ruling in February that means they're not straight up denying? I didn't meet the income via my job alone, but I have savings held for over 6 months to make my income up to a total £22,000 so I don't see what the issue is. Seems like others who meet the full income requirement on job alone and they've still been paused. I just wish there was someone we could contact for some clarity on the situation

I totally agree with you....
Why the hell would you keep them on hold and not refuse them.. doesn't make senses at all
I am gonna write a letter to them Nd post it to them.... asking for reply through email.... and not only that I am gonna contact my local pm aswell coz I think I had enough now of waiting Nd waiting for no reason Nd no updates at all

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:17 pm

What I don't understand is that they can't deny us, because we do meet the income requirement. And surely they'd have just straight up denied when they looked into it. I don't believe it's anything to do with the court ruling as to why they're holding up applications because it doesn't make sense. I had a solicitor do my partners application for us, and there's no way he would have let us apply if we didn't meet ALL of the criteria. With mine, I am using part savings, but there's nothing to say you can't? I provided proof that they are mine and I've had them at least 6 months. If they deny this one I honestly don't know what we will do :(
Raj86 wrote:
Misskatie wrote:Just looking for a bit of clarity here - why have they paused applications that don't meet the financial requirements? Surely they should have just denied them? What happened with the court ruling in February that means they're not straight up denying? I didn't meet the income via my job alone, but I have savings held for over 6 months to make my income up to a total £22,000 so I don't see what the issue is. Seems like others who meet the full income requirement on job alone and they've still been paused. I just wish there was someone we could contact for some clarity on the situation

I totally agree with you....
Why the hell would you keep them on hold and not refuse them.. doesn't make senses at all
I am gonna write a letter to them Nd post it to them.... asking for reply through email.... and not only that I am gonna contact my local pm aswell coz I think I had enough now of waiting Nd waiting for no reason Nd no updates at all

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Misskatie wrote:What I don't understand is that they can't deny us, because we do meet the income requirement. And surely they'd have just straight up denied when they looked into it. I don't believe it's anything to do with the court ruling as to why they're holding up applications because it doesn't make sense. I had a solicitor do my partners application for us, and there's no way he would have let us apply if we didn't meet ALL of the criteria. With mine, I am using part savings, but there's nothing to say you can't? I provided proof that they are mine and I've had them at least 6 months. If they deny this one I honestly don't know what we will do :(
MissKatie, you wouldn't have to put up with HO's incompetence for long. If they deny, you can always appeal but be sure that you DEFINITELY appeal because a judge will look at your case more sensibly (and taking human rights into consideration) unlike HO that are in the business of, "aha, how many applications can I refuse today?"

Also, I read an FOI request that states that 70% of all denied visas are granted on appeal.

So, keep faith and all the best.

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:41 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Misskatie wrote:What I don't understand is that they can't deny us, because we do meet the income requirement. And surely they'd have just straight up denied when they looked into it. I don't believe it's anything to do with the court ruling as to why they're holding up applications because it doesn't make sense. I had a solicitor do my partners application for us, and there's no way he would have let us apply if we didn't meet ALL of the criteria. With mine, I am using part savings, but there's nothing to say you can't? I provided proof that they are mine and I've had them at least 6 months. If they deny this one I honestly don't know what we will do :(
MissKatie, you wouldn't have to put up with HO's incompetence for long. If they deny, you can always appeal but be sure that you DEFINITELY appeal because a judge will look at your case more sensibly (and taking human rights into consideration) unlike HO that are in the business of, "aha, how many applications can I refuse today?"

Also, I read an FOI request that states that 70% of all denied visas are granted on appeal.

So, keep faith and all the best.

Thanks! I definitely would appeal..but how can they deny in the first place if we meet all the criteria?! UGH it's so much unnecessary stress and uncertainty

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:54 pm

I applied from Ghana (West Africa). Link worked for me. Meet the finance requirement, no kids. should have been straight forward but yeah. Ill update if i actually do hear anything.

@Davy550 where did you send your application from?