ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long will i need to wait for Visa Appeal? Urgent

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kevlaw
Newly Registered

Help on waiting times for Non Eu Spousal Visa

Post by kevlaw » Tue May 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Hello, me and my wife are currently in the middle of trying get my wife to Ireland from Venezuela with a spousal visa. I am Irish and I went over to Venezuela last October and we married over there and applied for a spouse visa. All her documents arrived into Dublin 4 days before Christmas of 2016, however the current processing times show they are processing join family visa's for the 25th of January 2017. I have tried call and get answers, however they just said they have allot of applications to get through.

I am just wondering of anyone who has gone through the Join Family, or indeed, a spouse visa to a non eu person, how long does it normally take for a spousal visa to be decided? Are the waiting times anything to go by or should they be ignored really? We just want an answer, we applied in November, and I assumed being Irish they would try get through my wifes visa application within 6 months. It is already 6 months now. Any advice from anyone who is in the know with visa's?

Thank you for replying.

Ayub 87

Re: Help on waiting times for Non Eu Spousal Visa

Post by Ayub 87 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi kevlaw I can truly understand your frustration, I am not really in the know like yourself been left in the blank by inis's ridiculous service, I may be wrong in saying but your application is in a different section to mine, we are in Eu treaty rights section 9 months plus now and dont expect any reply for a total of 1 year since we applied on July 17 2016. As for dates on their website they make me laugh and cringe at the same time please do ignore them, I myself have stopped checking them.
Although you say your Irish I suspect you are also in for a long wait but I hope and guess it will be a lot shorter than Eu treaty section, good luck and I hope your application is up to scratch as being Irish they will be looking at it with national law which is a lot tighter than Eu law.

davenjoy

Post by davenjoy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi I'm from Philippines.I applied spouse visa( spouse of an Irish citizen) last June 2015 and I received my visa Nov. 2015.Usually it took 6 months for the spouse of an Irish citizen just be patient for sure this month or next your wife will have her visa.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:46 am

I think you should be about the get her visa, I’m actually surprised it is taking this long.

Ireland closed their embassy in Venezuela and moved to Mexico so that could impact the turnaround times as well, did you try to e-mail the embassy in Mexico directly?

https://www.dfa.ie/embassies/irish-emba ... venezuela/

There are huge delays on Irish spouse visas but mostly for non EU spouses from South East Asia.

kevlaw wrote:Hello, me and my wife are currently in the middle of trying get my wife to Ireland from Venezuela with a spousal visa. I am Irish and I went over to Venezuela last October and we married over there and applied for a spouse visa. All her documents arrived into Dublin 4 days before Christmas of 2016, however the current processing times show they are processing join family visa's for the 25th of January 2017. I have tried call and get answers, however they just said they have allot of applications to get through.

I am just wondering of anyone who has gone through the Join Family, or indeed, a spouse visa to a non eu person, how long does it normally take for a spousal visa to be decided? Are the waiting times anything to go by or should they be ignored really? We just want an answer, we applied in November, and I assumed being Irish they would try get through my wifes visa application within 6 months. It is already 6 months now. Any advice from anyone who is in the know with visa's?

Thank you for replying.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

kevlaw
Newly Registered

How long will i need to wait for Visa Appeal? Urgent

Post by kevlaw » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 am

Ok so I am Irish and my wife is Venezuelan. Me and my wife married in Venezuela in October 2016 and applied for a spousal visa in November 2016, and her documents arrived in Dublin on December 21 2016. We received a refusal for her application on June 21 2017, exactly 6 months after they received the documents. The reasons for refusal were as follows:
No letter of Undertaking from both Applicant and sponsor,
No p60s for the last 2 years from sponsor,
No copy of Sponsors Passport,
Relationship history.

We gave all the documents needed through my solicitor, and the appeal was sent away and arrived to Dublin on July 27th 2017. I got in contact with my local TD and he received a letter saying it was under consideration etc etc. My question is, will the appeal for join spouse visa take 4-6 weeks as with appeal for other visa's or will it take longer. I hope it wont because as some may be aware the situation in Venezuela is deteriorating, we need a decision fast so she can arrive to Ireland and be safe before civil war breaks out.

Has anyone who has gone through the Visa Appeal process for Spouse of an Irish National that can give me any more information?

Kindest Regards,
Kevin