ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a uk transit visa with Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cz2015
Ireland

Do I need a uk transit visa with Stamp 4

Post by Cz2015 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:50 am

Hi I am planning a trip from Dublin to turkey wit transit in London and was wondering if my husband a Libya with spouse of Irish stamp 4 residence permit will need a transit visa?
And a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country does that in cloud spouse of Irish stamp for residence permit?
Any information will help thanks in advance

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Do I need a uk transit visa with Stamp 4

Post by max307 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:40 am

Technically he needs a transit visa or even a tourist visa with multiple entries since I assume you will be flying back the same route right? Do they do multiple entry transit visas?

Only Stamp 4 EUFAM holders are exempt from visas to another EU countries when travelling with or joining their EU spouses, that said you might be able to get through depending on the immigration officer dealing with you guys, you might get hassle from airlines also. Are you accompanying him?

Just to be safe I would apply for a visa or try to fly direct from Dublin.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:46 pm

It' depends on country's max french embassy for exemple wrote on their website if you have a valid residence permit from ireland you don't need visa as long as you remain in the international area of the airport .

For Example travelling between Ireland and a none Eu country . All you need is to have a visa to the country you are going to.

It;s the same in germany belgium netherlands

However UK is all other mess

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:52 pm

My answer it is based on the fact that he's transiting through the UK, not other EU countries.

Although it’s true that a Libyan citizen can transit without a transit visa through Germany, France and other EU countries the airline staff doing check in and boarding might stop you and give you hassle if they don’t know about it.

broli wrote:It' depends on country's max french embassy for exemple wrote on their website if you have a valid residence permit from ireland you don't need visa as long as you remain in the international area of the airport .

For Example travelling between Ireland and a none Eu country . All you need is to have a visa to the country you are going to.

It;s the same in germany belgium netherlands

However UK is all other mess
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:52 pm

Thank you all for ur reply
This is what it says on the website.

Check if you need a UK visa
You’ll need a visa to pass through the UK in transit (unless you’re exempt)
You should apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa if you arrive in the UK on a flight and leave again without passing through immigration control.

Exemptions
You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002
a uniform format category D visa for entry into a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
an Irish biometric visa (marked ‘BC’ or ‘BC BIVS’ in the ‘Remarks’ section)
a Schengen Approved Destination Scheme (ADS) group tourism visa where the holder is travelling to the Schengen country that issued the visa
a flight ticket from the Schengen area, if you can prove that you entered the Schengen area in the previous 30 days on the basis of a valid Schengen ADS visa
a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)
All visas and residence permits must be valid.

Is my husbands stamp4 married to an Irish citizen a common format residence permit?