ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

USA TO UK PRIORITY SETTLEMENT TIMELINE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunshineusa
BANNED

USA TO UK PRIORITY SETTLEMENT TIMELINE

Post by sunshineusa » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Apllied May 25 2017
Biometircs June 2 2017
Sent June 2 June 2017
Arrived June 5 2017

Email June 5 2017
Application received
AND
MISSING appendix 2

Replied back and gave appendix 2 JUNE 6 2017
Called UKVI JUNE 6 2017 " it is processing"

Waiting for " Decsion"...................................

This is for Wife Settlement USA to UK PRIORITY>

Any other recent timelines during a busy time? Hopefully everything is ok with mine :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: USA TO UK PRIORITY SETTLEMENT TIMELINE

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Four days?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi Wanderer,

The day it arrived on june 5 2017 - 8:30, they opened it and started working on it at 10:30 am. just said i was missing one paper and i can email it to them.

Then i sent it, and i called yesterday the jun 6th, and they are still processing. quite quick however :shock:

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi Sunshine,

thanks for the update. I find it absolutely remarkable that they are working on your application since the day it arrived. I'm very pleased for you. Other people who applied with priority have been waiting for months and still haven't been assigned to an ECO! I've been waiting over 6 weeks and they have not even opened my documents yet.

It really does smack of double standards.

I'm very interested to know when you get your decision.

Good Luck
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Hi Simon,

I could not believe it, I was shoked. I thought like they emailed me saying the package was just received but not opened if that makes sense.

within 2 hours they started working on it since arrived at 8:30 am. i did not even know about appendix 2. Such a joke my visa lawyer never brought it up. im suprised they didn't refuse me since its such a big part of the application. The ECO said just email it to him. Maybe i got crazy lucky?! i read all these posts about people and they are like waiting for months i feel so bad. Simon are you priority?

Also, looks like the finally withdrew my priority fee, maybe its a good sign i had everything and its speeding up???? idk if you know anything about this?

Soleil

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:30 pm

I also heard they hired alot of new people at Sheffield UKVI, since the amount of applicaitons there are is a joke, something like 40k hahaha

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:34 am

Hi Soleil,

not sure about everything speeding up, would be good if that is the case. I caught a headline that they advertised 240 positions for the satelite office in Liverpool, not seen anything about Sheffield though.

40,000 applications sounds a little low to be causing difficulties unless that is the backlog from February. Net migration to the UK from non-EEa is around 250,000 people per year so they're dealing with at least 20,000 applications a month anyway!

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:39 am

Simon,

Thanks insane! really hope i get an answer at least next week. i put entry date June 20 2017.
What country are you applying from?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:14 am

We applied from Russia with priority. Well into 7 weeks now. We had travel date set to 20th May. Good job we didn't buy the tickets lol

Simon

Onkarsingh1991
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Onkarsingh1991 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 am

We applied priority over 15 weeks ago. emailed and called on several occasions and keep getting the same answer

it yet to be assessed.

good luck for those who are waiting

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:47 pm

This is really heart breaking because I am seeing alot of families being split apart. I feel like this drags me on everyday