ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 Leave to remain - Health Surcharge & Dependant visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

explorer2ryme
Newly Registered

TIER 2 Leave to remain - Health Surcharge & Dependant visa

Post by explorer2ryme » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Hello,

I'm currently in process for applying TIER 2 General Leave to remain visa with a new employer (my previous employer failed to renew sponsorship license so job was terminated) .

When I extended my TIER 2 in Aug 2015 I was granted VISA until Aug 2018 (3 + 3 = 6 years).

My questions:

1. Do I have to pay health surcharge fee?
2. Do I have to apply for my Dependants as well to change visa from TIER 2 General dependant (previous employer) -> TIER 2 General dependant (new employer) visa?
3. Do I have to pay Immigration Skills fee?

Many thanks in advance.

explorer2ryme
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 2 Leave to remain - Health Surcharge & Dependant vi

Post by explorer2ryme » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:56 pm

explorer2ryme wrote:Hello,

I'm currently in process for applying TIER 2 General Leave to remain visa with a new employer (my previous employer failed to renew sponsorship license so job was terminated) .

When I extended my TIER 2 in Aug 2015 I was granted VISA until Aug 2018 (3 + 3 = 6 years).

My questions:

1. Do I have to pay health surcharge fee?
2. Do I have to apply for my Dependants as well to change visa from TIER 2 General dependant (previous employer) -> TIER 2 General dependant (new employer) visa?
3. Do I have to pay Immigration Skills fee?

Many thanks in advance.
Any comments please.... and also can anyone share UKVI contact details (Telephone/email) to check the status of Curtailment letter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:27 pm

1. Yes you have to pay IHS for each application make.

2. No

3. It wouldn't be your responsibility if it was payable, an employer pays it if applicable.

As I already said, curtailment letters can take many months.

You should be more concerned about approaching 60 days since you left your last job as more than this will be an issue for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

explorer2ryme
Newly Registered

Post by explorer2ryme » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:56 pm

CR001 wrote:1. Yes you have to pay IHS for each application make.

2. No

3. It wouldn't be your responsibility if it was payable, an employer pays it if applicable.

As I already said, curtailment letters can take many months.

You should be more concerned about approaching 60 days since you left your last job as more than this will be an issue for ILR.

Many Thanks "@CR001", yes trying my best to find another job. I have heard the for ILR via TIER 2 route case worker can sometimes consider 70 to 80 days employment gaps and no more that, is that true?

Can somebody share UKVI contact details to check the status of curtailment letter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:15 pm

It is 60 days and is counted from date you left your job to date if new application. It is written in the rules as 60 days and there have been ILR refusals recently with gaps of more than 60 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.