ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP refuse -did not include proper identification documen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Valkress
Newly Registered

EEA FP refuse -did not include proper identification documen

Post by Valkress » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:13 pm

I am American married to a French citizen. I got in the UK on May 2016 on a visitor visas, applied through a solicitor for an EEA family permit the 28th November 2016. I submitted all the required document for both of us but since husband travel a lot for work, the solicitor advised us to send a certified copy of his passport instead. she said it wont cause any problem. but mind you after 5 months 18 days of waiting, I was just refused the permit. the reason: I did not provide the sponsor proper Id. they send back all the documents except my passport. they said they would give it back at the airport if i decide to leave LOL (and leave my husband here RIGHT) or to reapply with his ID include, didn't mention the certified copy that was included. I have no right the appeal.
So my solicitor call me that day very upset with the bad news. she told me she will sent back my application package to the case worker with that same certified copy of huby passport + the original with a very nasty letter... she did it, it's been 2 weeks and we haven't hear anything from them, not even a mail that they've received the package.
I was planning on traveling with my husband the 25th June, we booked the tickets months ago and now this.
Plus I really need to apply for school I need to finish my master degree. plus I am very tired of staying home not doing anything, I feel completely Useless and depress and pregnancy isn't helping.

I honestly don't think I will be able to sit an additional 6 months being useless. Plus I wont be able to start school soon OMG the thought of it make me sick ( I crying right now). If I am not sure to start class by January 2018 I think I might just leave this country. HO is very inconsiderate and if they don't want strangers in their country so be it.

my question is if we do hear from them can we request the passport back?

Valkress
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FP refuse -did not include proper identification doc

Post by Valkress » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:16 pm

not to mention they said they would ask for additional documents if needed. but never did

GMB
United States of America

Re: EEA FP refuse -did not include proper identification doc

Post by GMB » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:25 am

Your second application will almost certainly be refused as well. I'm afraid your solicitor has given you bad advice, twice. The requirement to include an original passport or national ID card for the applicant and the EEA sponsor is non-negotiable.

But once they have your application you can fill out an online form to request your passport be returned to you, with no impact on your application. This would have been the better way to go. The form is here:
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml