ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by Gwf001 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 am

qwerty85 wrote:
Gwf001 wrote:Link works only for those applied within UK. When I change to outside UK, thr status check option doesnt appear
I applied from Ghana (West Africa). Link worked for me. Meet the finance requirement, no kids. should have been straight forward but yeah. Ill update if i actually do hear anything.

@Davy550 where did you send your application from?
Yeah! Maybe because you didn't get such emails

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:01 am

avivbr wrote:
PCP wrote:Guys Please use following link to check the status of application with the use of GWF application id.
I did try , its work for me please you guys also check and reply wether its working for u guys or not .

Please do reply.

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
It didn't work for me for any of my reference numbers.
I think it only works from within the UK and not for applicants who applied from outside
Hi avivbr, I have checked it worked for me as well and I applied outside of the UK. So try to check with your GWF number which is generated at the time of submitting online application.

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:09 am

Gwf001 wrote:Link works only for those applied within UK. When I change to outside UK, thr status check option doesnt appear
I don't know about the issue you are facing but I can confirm that I had applied from outside of the UK and link worked for me. I had received my visa on last Sunday.

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:32 am

addy321 wrote:
I don't know about the issue you are facing but I can confirm that I had applied from outside of the UK and link worked for me. I had received my visa on last Sunday.
Did u receive supreme court mail??

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:47 am

OK GUYS I HAVE A UPDATE AFTER SERACHING FOR HOURS

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3Famp

READ THE WHOLE THING.....
I am sure this is why people before 22400k r on hold ....

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:43 am

Raj86 wrote:OK GUYS I HAVE A UPDATE AFTER SERACHING FOR HOURS

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3Famp

READ THE WHOLE THING.....
I am sure this is why people before 22400k r on hold ....
The 22.400k is only when there is a child involved and is part of the current minimum income requirement. The tories have still not specified how much the raise in minimum income requirement will be and even if it's raised, it would be passed as new immigration law and wouldn't retrospectively affect people that have already made their applications.

PCP
- thin ice -

Post by PCP » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:58 am

qwerty85 wrote:
PCP wrote:Guys Please use following link to check the status of application with the use of GWF application id.
I did try , its work for me please you guys also check and reply wether its working for u guys or not .

Please do reply.

PCP,

Thankyou so much for that link. My application says decided 24th May - decision should be received within 10 working days (which is today or tomorrow if i include bank holidays).

If I dont hear anything i shall be calling them.

My message,

"Decided

Application status updated on 24 May 2017.

What does this mean?
The decision has been posted to you. You should receive this within 10 working days. We cannot discuss this decision online or by phone.

The order of the status is Open, Awaiting a decision and Decided.

If you don't receive your decision within 10 working days, you can phone us and we will look into this for you.

For further information about application processing times please visit GOV.UK."

So fingers crossed this actually means something i should hear by end of the week.

Pray for me.

Thanks

Just wanted to add this system says its a trial so may be wrong.

Hi qwerty85

Any update from your side ?
I mean you called to ukvi or u got any update about ur passport?

Please update as soon as u get any update.
As I'm also waiting for one.

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:56 am

addy321 wrote:
avivbr wrote:

Please do reply.

I think it only works from within the UK and not for applicants who applied from outside
Hi avivbr, I have checked it worked for me as well and I applied outside of the UK. So try to check with your GWF number which is generated at the time of submitting online application.
Doesn't work for me. But I have a local TLS site which I can check my status. It is still waiting for decision, was like this since 15th Feb.

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:38 am

avivbr wrote:
addy321 wrote:
avivbr wrote:

Please do reply.

Doesn't work for me. But I have a local TLS site which I can check my status. It is still waiting for decision, was like this since 15th Feb.

Can you give that link?

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi

When i called this morning they said my file is under consideration and is awaiting decision since 18th April. I thought may be availing the email service could get me this information on email.

The email i got right after availing the email service where i asked for my status was---

Regarding Visa Application: GWF123456789
For:
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

Has anyone experienced this?

How long does it take to get a decision from UKVI after receiving such an email?

Fat30
Newly Registered

Post by Fat30 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Has anyone checked their application status on https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/User/Home,

mine is showing 'In Active' in and active has space and i do not understand what this means,

It has been more than 21 weeks and no answer after hold email on 7th March

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Mine is In Active too after hold email after 20 weeks. I think the application is not in process at all. No one is working on it I guess.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:45 pm

@ Fat30, Frazy325,

It shows the same "in active" for me as well but I have heard through my MP that our file is still under process and they're doing additional checks. I think the "in active" status is because it's gone over the 12 week period but it should have no bearing on your actual application hopefully.

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:06 pm

@pixelrage90.
Thanks for replying. May be you are right. I also received an update from my MP back in April when I received the hold email. They said to MP application is valid and under active consideration. But I checked on 2nd June through escalation form. I received an email that application is still on hold and dont know how long it will be. I am not really sure what is actually happening. Either they lie to MP or may be the person who emailed me does not have right information.

Fat30
Newly Registered

Post by Fat30 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Thank you pixelrage09 , I have sent email to MP couple of day ago only so still too early to get any reply especially in election time,
Thanks for the positive words to keep faith in the process

ProC1C
Newly Registered

Post by ProC1C » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:36 pm

I'm new to this site. I also received a hold email 15 weeks after my biometrics. I was told that I'll be getting my passport back. I just wanted to know how long after receiving the hold email did people receive their passport back?

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:37 pm

My Application status has also turned to "In Acitive"
Bio metrics were on early feb while case not straightforward and Supreme Court Application on hold ruling email also received im early march!
16 weeks so far!
Fingers crossed

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:50 pm

ProC1C wrote:I'm new to this site. I also received a hold email 15 weeks after my biometrics. I was told that I'll be getting my passport back. I just wanted to know how long after receiving the hold email did people receive their passport back?
Hey @ProC1C, They only return passports back depending on the country, mine for example is held by them until they give a decision after this pause. From what I have seen, it doesn't usually take too long to receive your passport back, and they either deliver to the VFS where you applied from or directly to your address.

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:28 pm

tchindy wrote:
ProC1C wrote:I'm new to this site. I also received a hold email 15 weeks after my biometrics. I was told that I'll be getting my passport back. I just wanted to know how long after receiving the hold email did people receive their passport back?
Hey @ProC1C, They only return passports back depending on the country, mine for example is held by them until they give a decision after this pause. From what I have seen, it doesn't usually take too long to receive your passport back, and they either deliver to the VFS where you applied from or directly to your address.
Aftwr how many days u got ur decision?

rai75
United Kingdom

Post by rai75 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:37 pm

my application says it is in a DECIDED status, but i never have had an email or phone or text.

when you submit your application - are you meant to receive an email to say that the documents have been received.

when do you get your documents back?

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:51 pm

rai75 wrote:my application says it is in a DECIDED status, but i never have had an email or phone or text.

when you submit your application - are you meant to receive an email to say that the documents have been received.

when do you get your documents back?
RAI please share your timeline?
Was your case also put om hold due to supreme court ruling and not straight forward?

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Gwf001 wrote: Aftwr how many days u got ur decision?
I haven't received a decision yet, HO is holding my passport and it has been 21 weeks since we applied.

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:44 pm

qwerty85 wrote:

Please do reply.

PCP,

Thankyou so much for that link. My application says decided 24th May - decision should be received within 10 working days (which is today or tomorrow if i include bank holidays).

If I dont hear anything i shall be calling them.

My message,

"Decided

Application status updated on 24 May 2017.

What does this mean?
The decision has been posted to you. You should receive this within 10 working days. We cannot discuss this decision online or by phone.

The order of the status is Open, Awaiting a decision and Decided.

If you don't receive your decision within 10 working days, you can phone us and we will look into this for you.

For further information about application processing times please visit GOV.UK."

So fingers crossed this actually means something i should hear by end of the week.

Pray for me.

Thanks

Just wanted to add this system says its a trial so may be wrong.
Hi Qwerty85 did you receive a decision by post or email yet? My application says"decided" on 4th March but no decision made email yet .

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Sorry meant 4th June

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Untraceable wrote:Sorry meant 4th June
Nothing at all mate.

4th june - Youve got till next week friday to hear something. My 10 working days ended today and still nothing.

i called the contact number which actually took a pre-approved payment of £20 by card. 20 bloody quid!

anyway all the lady did was take my ref number and spouted the same as the update trial site says. They literally use the same system to say "its been decided on the *** of ***, you should receive your decision within 10 working days bla bla bla"

waste of 20 quid and I still havent heard anything. There is no contact details for the TLS here. They have my email but nowt come from them since i signed up and did biometrics. i feel to just turn up and cause a scene but ill wait, if i dont hear from them by monday, i'll will have to go there and demand some answers because clearly ukvi have shifted responsibilty.