ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Untaxable Income

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lightbringer

Untaxable Income

Post by lightbringer » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:09 pm

Hi there,
Has enyone here managed to get any points rewarded for his/her income in case that the income is mostly untaxable. That is its taxable part is relatively small.

In my situation, I have small taxable income and all the other components of my real salary can be classified as project bonuses and other categories. This way is considered to be absolutely legal in my country :)

Has anyone got any feedback from HO regarding such cases.

Thanks

simar

Post by simar » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:34 am

lightbringer,
Please do not get confuse with taxable income. Your income may be such that you might not have to pay any tax. What is relavent is that you declare/show this income to your concern income tax authorirty in your country. For that they much have some form. In india we have form called saral form (form 2A) .
Typically people earning in merchant navy is non-taxable I guess.

lightbringer

Post by lightbringer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:40 am

I am not confused, I know about this form, in Russia it is called NDFL2. Anyway, the schema which is used in my salary calculation it that they show a small part for the tax authorities, thus there is not enougth money declared in this form!! All the other fees comprising my salary go another way as compensations etc and they do not appear in the tax return form.

What I did was to send them both papers showing income tax return and bonuses with compensations and described it in my covering letter. But I still have little hope that they will consider it.

simar

Post by simar » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:01 am

Your other income that is not been shown in your tax form will not be considered. HSMP is crystal clear on this. Also typically any deferred & retirement benefit type money too is not considered.
Try get points on other fields. In my case, I too use to take car plan etc to avoid giving more tax, thus showing less income to income tax authority. Now since April 2003 I make a point to give more income tax. Thus More Income is declared for income tax calculation just for hsmp. A sort of gamble for few bucks for better perceived life & challenges. Let’s see.

Amit T
Newly Registered

Post by Amit T » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:55 pm

Simar said:
Try get points on other fields. In my case, I too use to take car plan etc to avoid giving more tax, thus showing less income to income tax authority. Now since April 2003 I make a point to give more income tax.

Regarding Income, I think HSMP people are interested in knowing the EARNING CAPACITY. That means TOTAL INCOME through your choosen profession. Thats, if you are obtaining any amount for your services in choosen field from your employer -may be through Bonuses, Conveyence and House rent allowences etc, even Overtime allowences etc.
(Provided you have froof of receipt)- can be included in the Earnings. That means even if you show expenses on car, house rent etc, I beleive that amount is part of your earnings and therefore can be included in the Earnings.

Is this OK?

lightbringer

Post by lightbringer » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:29 am

Yes, this sounds good for me:) Thanks for the encouraging reply. Anyway only HO can say whether they count my earnings or not.

Why I am asking this is because I am an August 31 applicant, so according to my estimates I have another 3 months before my application may reach a caseworker and since they are going to raise the price to 315 I wanted to mail them additional docs to make my case stronger and try to avoid going through paid appeal.

But I am a little confused. What if I send them say letter from accountant clearly stating my present salary with all benefits included. Will they consider it as an evidence or not? Because I it was said they calculate your salary as of the date when they received your application. This is what confuses me whether I should send them anything like this received after 6 months from the date I file my app?

Thanks in advise