ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Confusion - HELP Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nomilpc1
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Confusion - HELP Please

Post by nomilpc1 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello there, this is my first post on this forum so apologies if i am posting this in the wrong index.

applied for my wife's visa in January 5 days after getting married , 2 phone calls from Home office asking details about my job and income. After that my wife received an email 3 weeks ago which said "IHS" surcharge will be refunded to my account.

i did not verify the email and considered the application was refused as i read online. The email came from Abu dabhi with email address given at the bottom " ihs.abudabhi@fco.gov.uk" .

i can not find this email address online and the email has been automatically deleted but i have screenshot of it. weird part is if it was fake how would they know details about my wife and email was sent to me on the same day homeoffice rang me. It had an Abudabhi Reference number in it.

i rang home office today and they said the application has been considered but no decision has been made so far. So i am assuming that email was fake? can anyone tell me which email address they normally use to contact you regarding IHS surcharge.

And its been almost 6 months and no decision why is it taking this long when it should have been 8-12 weeks.

Please HELP

Regards

SoHopeful

Re: Spouse Visa Confusion - HELP Please

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:59 pm

It's possible that the email was sent in error and as a result was recalled - hence why it 'disappeared'. Hopefully the application is being considered but just an error on their part.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:03 pm

What do you mean by "bad quality"? Do you mean to say that it had lots of spelling errors or was it just poorly worded?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:21 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:What do you mean by "bad quality"? Do you mean to say that it had lots of spelling errors or was it just poorly worded?
The forum censor automatically changes f a k e to bad quality!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:04 pm

CR001 wrote: The forum censor automatically changes f a k e to bad quality!!!
LOL! I did not know that and I kept wondering why it was worded so ambiguously. I guess you learn something new every day. :lol:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:01 pm

The word "bad quality" I also come across several times and thought maybe my phone keyboard causing this but later I understand that :D :D
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.