ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CASE RESOLUTION

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

masimba
Newly Registered

CASE RESOLUTION

Post by masimba » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:28 pm

hi
l was granted indefinate leave to remain under ther case resolution. l have been in this country for 6yrs now. l just need to ask, when can l apply for NATURALISATION, do l wait for 5yrs or l can do it after 12mnths. please reply
Last edited by masimba on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

douces

Post by douces » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:52 pm

what was ur status before and what basis you granted ilr on

masimba
Newly Registered

hi

Post by masimba » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:34 pm

l was a failed asylum seeker and they sent me a questionaire and l was granted ILR under the legacy cases programme, this is the review of cases of people who had failed their asylum cases.

Sweethina99

Post by Sweethina99 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:42 pm

is this done these days aswell??

masimba
Newly Registered

Post by masimba » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:44 pm

YEP

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Congratulations. You're lucky. 7 and a half years and still no status here.

You can apply after 12 months.

Sweethina99

Post by Sweethina99 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:46 pm

i doubted this ..this means a ray of light in the darkness :wink:

tell me details please as i havent applied asylum n not intend to do so..

Sweethina99

Post by Sweethina99 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:47 pm

from sending the questionaire till getting the status how much time did it take for you??

Sweethina99

Post by Sweethina99 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:54 pm

kg1983
why after 12 months why not now???

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: CASE RESOLUTION

Post by thirdwave » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:23 pm

masimba wrote:hi
l was granted indefinate leave to remain under ther case resolution. l have been in this country for 6yrs now. l just need to ask, when can l apply for NATURALISATION, do l wait for 5yrs or l can do it after 12mnths. please reply
I think you might have to wait for 5 years as the residence requirements clearly state that:

To demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and

have been present in the United Kingdom five years before the date of your application; and

have not spent more than 450 days outside the United Kingdom during the five year period; and

have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and

have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the five-year period.

The last bit is not true in your case..

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britis ... uirements/

Post by 4444 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:32 pm

thirdwave is right . yu have to wait for five years.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:42 pm

have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the five-year period.

I do not think it is quite that simple.

masimba, when did you claim asylum in the UK? On arrival? If not, when you had valid leave (such as a visitor visa)? Or were you indeed, for example, smuggled into the country and then claimed asylum a bit later?
John

Post by 4444 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:07 pm

19,000 asylum-seekers are allowed to stay as ministers deny amnestyRichard Ford, Home Correspondent
Nineteen thousand asylum-seekers whose cases date back to 1994 are to be allowed to stay in the country, the Home Office announced last night.

Tens of thousands more are also expected to be told that they can stay as officials work through a backlog of up to 450,000 files found in the immigration service. The figures are based on the completion of work on 52,000 files from the backlog. If a similar trend continues with the rest of the case files a total of about 160,000 asylum-seekers will be able to remain.

Whitehall sources said that the decision was not an amnesty. Lin Homer, chief executive of the Border and Immigration Agency, announced the first results of the work to clear the backlog in a letter to Keith Vaz, the chairman of the Commons Home Affairs Select Committee.

She said that out of the 52,000 cases concluded, 19,000, not including dependants, had been given indefinite leave to remain in the country and 16,000, including dependants, had been removed. The 19,000 given leave to remain will be eligible for a British passport within five years. Ms Homer said that a further 17,000 cases had been closed due to wrong or duplicate records. Many of those being allowed to stay are migrants whose initial applications failed and who should have been deported, and others are people whose claims were never considered as the sheer volume of asylum applications overwhelmed the immigration service. Others, such as applicants who have settled in Britain and started families, would be almost impossible to remove under human rights laws.

according to times he will be eligible after 5years

masimba
Newly Registered

Post by masimba » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:24 pm

thank you all for replying.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:56 pm

4444 wrote:19,000 asylum-seekers are allowed to stay as ministers deny amnestyRichard Ford, Home Correspondent
Nineteen thousand asylum-seekers whose cases date back to 1994 are to be allowed to stay in the country, the Home Office announced last night.

Tens of thousands more are also expected to be told that they can stay as officials work through a backlog of up to 450,000 files found in the immigration service. The figures are based on the completion of work on 52,000 files from the backlog. If a similar trend continues with the rest of the case files a total of about 160,000 asylum-seekers will be able to remain.

Whitehall sources said that the decision was not an amnesty. Lin Homer, chief executive of the Border and Immigration Agency, announced the first results of the work to clear the backlog in a letter to Keith Vaz, the chairman of the Commons Home Affairs Select Committee.

She said that out of the 52,000 cases concluded, 19,000, not including dependants, had been given indefinite leave to remain in the country and 16,000, including dependants, had been removed. The 19,000 given leave to remain will be eligible for a British passport within five years. Ms Homer said that a further 17,000 cases had been closed due to wrong or duplicate records. Many of those being allowed to stay are migrants whose initial applications failed and who should have been deported, and others are people whose claims were never considered as the sheer volume of asylum applications overwhelmed the immigration service. Others, such as applicants who have settled in Britain and started families, would be almost impossible to remove under human rights laws.

according to times he will be eligible after 5years
and expect naturalisation to be a different beast altogether in 5 years time....

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:59 pm

John wrote:

I do not think it is quite that simple.

masimba, when did you claim asylum in the UK? On arrival? If not, when you had valid leave (such as a visitor visa)? Or were you indeed, for example, smuggled into the country and then claimed asylum a bit later?
John, Correct me if I`m wrong but I'd imagine 'failed sylum seekers' would automatically be in breach of immigration rules once their claim has been refused (unless they are granted DLR for whatever reason)

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:41 am

I would have thought that a failed asylum seeker who continued to abide by his terms of Temporary Admission (such as signing at Immigration when required) would not be in breach; the TA continues in force until removal procedures kick in and the applicant is either removed or absconds.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:42 am

jimquk, I agree with that. Accordingly I don't think it is automatic that a failed asylum seeker has been in breach of immigration law. They might have been, but we cannot assume that to be the case.
John

salimnina
BANNED

Post by salimnina » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:22 pm

how about someone like me who is an abscond ? and I have a Judicial Review outstanding ? is it ok to go back and sign every month? or shall I be detained? the last info i have from the H/O is that I have an outstanding JR and still not solved though I am not signing...i don't know where to stand and what to do really, by the way what is a discontinued case of JR or case in the House of Lord..thanks

hito
Newly Registered

Re: CASE RESOLUTION

Post by hito » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:42 pm

masimba wrote:hi

Within a year. as i have mentioned in a previous post you are in breach of the immigration rules but htere are ways around it. refer to the below website
and pay careful attention to section 8.10

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... chapter18/