ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Switch from EU to UK Immigration Rules

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tequilabird
Newly Registered

URGENT: Switch from EU to UK Immigration Rules

Post by tequilabird » Mon May 22, 2017 5:59 pm

My husband has recently been refused a UKRC and we are now considering going down the route of FLR (M). It mentions that he can apply under this route on his refusal notice, but I'm getting conflicting information.

Entered UK July 2016 on EEA FP - expiry Jan 2017.
Applied for UKRC September 2016.
Refusal letter received May 2017.
Appeal lodged May 2017 (within 14 day time frame).

The question is, what to do now. We can wait for the appeal to come through, but have been advised that it will be a minimum of 48 weeks. At the end of June, we will be able to apply for FLR (M) if we are allowed to do so. Until then, we can submit a new UKRC application.

Any advice much appreciated. We have a baby girl (British) who is currently missing out on her family abroad and as the HO have retained my husband's passport, we can't go anywhere until we get sorted.

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT: Switch from EU to UK Immigration Rules

Post by tequilabird » Thu May 25, 2017 10:00 am

Bumping this up in the hope that someone can offer advice :) Thanks in advance!

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Post by tequilabird » Sat May 27, 2017 1:05 pm

One more bump!! Please - moderators, do you have any info on this??

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Why was he refused?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 27, 2017 1:38 pm

Circumventing the Immigration Rules (Surinder Singh).

You were advised in this thread:
eea-route-applications/surinder-singh-c ... l#p1488070
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 27, 2017 1:55 pm

1. Get passport/travel document

2. Return to country of origin

3. Apply properly
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Post by tequilabird » Mon May 29, 2017 10:29 am

We applied properly in the first place for EEA (FM). This was refused, but the refusal is full of inaccuracies and wrongful application of EU law. I can apply again under this route, but due to the timeframe, we are looking to switch into UK immigration law as it states we can on the refusal letter. However, as per my previous post, I'm unsure as to whether this is actually possible as I can't seem to get an answer regarding my husband's current legal status.

Getting his passport, leaving and 'applying properly' is not a solution to this situation when there is a 7-month baby involved and a possible 3-month wait outside of the country for my husband.

tequilabird
Newly Registered

FLR (FP) Partner Route

Post by tequilabird » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Hello,

Can you switch from FLR (FP) to 5-year partner route IF FLR (FP) is granted outside of the rules?

Thanks.

tequilabird
Newly Registered

FLR FP - Possible?

Post by tequilabird » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:25 pm

Hello,

My husband and I have been advised by our solicitor to go for FLR FP based on him being married to me and us having a daughter (British citizen).

I've heard that FLR FP is virtually impossible. Is this actually the case?

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR FP - Possible?

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:32 pm

It's not impossible, but it's certainly a tough one to win...and you need to be prepared for a long wait.

It's difficult for anyone to advise you further unless you are able to post the details of your situation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Post by tequilabird » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Did SS. Husband was refused UKRC. We have a baby (British) and my mother is unwell. Leaving the UK is not really an option as it would mean my husband would lose his job and I'd have to give mine up to look after the baby and therefore losing my salary which meets the financial requirement. My husband is Egyptian and Egypt has a declared state of emergency at the moment so I don't really want to take the baby to Egypt right now.

Solicitor has advised us that she is confident we would get FLR FP, but I've heard a variety of stories that suggest it's not that easy.

Thoughts please?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:43 pm

It's not impossible. I have a family member on FLRP as a partner with a British child. Took 4 long years to sort out. Just make sure you have good evidence and a solicitor to cover obstacles whcih prevent you from moving. At the moment waiting 9+ months for a decision so be brave.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Post by tequilabird » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:12 am

Can't you use the premium service?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:52 am

tequilabird wrote:Can't you use the premium service?
Applications which are complex (as yours is), won't be decided at the PSC. The junior level Case Workers simply don't have the authority to make a decision. Note the following official guidance:
7. When you can't use the service
someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... he-service
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:17 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanda399
Newly Registered

Post by Wanda399 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Quick question - situation similar (not identical). I overstayed my visa for 10 years, couple years ago i gave birth to a baby girl (NHS fees all paid by my partner). Her father is British citizen and we have been living together for the past 7 years.

I would like to sort out my status, would FLR FP 10 Year Partner route be the correct form to fill out?

We want to get married and he thinks the correct way is to move back home and get married and apply for a spouse visa but i'm worried because i overstayed it will be difficult to get back in. Also i'm worried it will affect his mental health if he is separated from our daughter. He adores her...

I spoke to a solicitor (free advice) and they recommend we apply from within (but didn't mention which form).

Appreciate any helpful advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Wanda399 wrote:Quick question - situation similar (not identical). I overstayed my visa for 10 years, couple years ago i gave birth to a baby girl (NHS fees all paid by my partner). Her father is British citizen and we have been living together for the past 7 years.

I would like to sort out my status, would FLR FP 10 Year Partner route be the correct form to fill out?

We want to get married and he thinks the correct way is to move back home and get married and apply for a spouse visa but i'm worried because i overstayed it will be difficult to get back in. Also i'm worried it will affect his mental health if he is separated from our daughter. He adores her...

I spoke to a solicitor (free advice) and they recommend we apply from within (but didn't mention which form).

Appreciate any helpful advice.
Please open your own topic with this question as it's not only unfair to the OP to tag onto their thread, it causes confusion as to which member a reply is referring to.
(Casa, not CR001)

tequilabird
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT?

Post by tequilabird » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:54 am

If you enter the UK on an EEA Family Permit issued under Regulation 9, do either of these apply:

You cannot be a visitor.
You cannot be in the UK with valid leave granted for a period of 6 months or less.

The second one is the one I question most as the EEA Family Permit has a 6 month duration on it in which time you must enter the country, but you can remain in the country after that time.

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT?

Post by tequilabird » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Bump! :lol:

tequilabird
Newly Registered

10 Year Partner to 5 Year Partner Route

Post by tequilabird » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:33 am

Does anyone know WHEN you can switch from the 10 year route to the 5 year route? Once you meet the requirements, do you have to wait until the 2.5 year renewal stage or can you apply as soon as you meet the requirements?

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: 10 Year Partner to 5 Year Partner Route

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:51 pm

As soon as you meet the requirements.
(Casa, not CR001)

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Switching from EU route to UK law

Post by tequilabird » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:58 am

Hi everyone,

I have asked this previously, but didn't get much response and can't find my original post now :roll:

Anyway, I'm looking for information on switching from the EU route (surinder singh) into UK law. My husband was refused his UKRC this year and we are looking at alternative options while waiting for the appeal. We are happy to switch into UK immigration law, but can't find a definitive answer as to whether this is possible.

The refusal letters for UKRC state that a separate charged application for FLR (M) or FLR (O) can be made. As he already had entry clearance in the form of an EEA Family Permit, I believe this is where the FLR part comes in as he had leave to remain on that basis.

Does anyone have any experience of this or can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks.

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Appeal or Application

Post by tequilabird » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Hello All,

After a refusal, can you submit a new application if an appeal is pending? I have been given conflicting advice.

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Appeal or Application

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Have you appealed inside or outside of the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal or Application

Post by tequilabird » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Inside the UK...EEA FM was refused and appeal was lodged in time. Considering an application under FLR M as stated on the refusal.