ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by levisworkedupon » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:25 pm

The Million Dollar Question is if anyone with Case not straight Forward or Supreme Court Ruling on Hold email received his/her application Decision ?
So atleast we can have an idea if the Hold has been put off and people have started getting the results which
is the main reason to join this specific Thread!
????????????????

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:49 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:The Million Dollar Question is if anyone with Case not straight Forward or Supreme Court Ruling on Hold email received his/her application Decision ?
So atleast we can have an idea if the Hold has been put off and people have started getting the results which
????????????????
I agree. We are all happy about people getting their decision but we would like to keep the conversation on this discussion related only to people who got the "on hold" or "not straight forward" emails from HO (i.e. The reason for their delay is the pause which is the subject of this discussion).

Has the "not straight forward" email has been posted here?
Is there anyone here that got only the "on hold" email despite the fact his application is meeting the financial requirements?

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:54 pm

avivbr wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:The Million Dollar Question is if anyone with Case not straight Forward or Supreme Court Ruling on Hold email received his/her application Decision ?
????????????????
I agree. We are all happy about people getting their decision but we would like to keep the conversation on this discussion related only to people who got the "on hold" or "not straight forward" emails from HO (i.e. The reason for their delay is the pause which is the subject of this discussion).

Is there anyone here that got only the "on hold" email despite the fact his application is meeting the financial requirements?

Yes!! I received supreme court mail and before that not straightforward mail even though i meet the min requirement! Im really depressed now not knowing when will i get the decision!

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Gwf001 wrote:
avivbr wrote:
????????????????

Yes!! I received supreme court mail and before that not straightforward mail even though i meet the min requirement! Im really depressed now not knowing when will i get the decision!
My question is if anyone received ONLY the "on hold" (with no "not straight forward" email) despite he is meeting the financial requirements?

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:11 pm

My partner has only received the on hold email. I believe I meet the financial requirement - income £15,000 and savings of £35,000 - meaning my income Around £22k. I'm wondering if I've got the pause email because the HO are looking into the savings aspect. However, it clearly states you can use savings to support the shortfall. I'm in salaried income & supplied 7 months payslips. I used a solicitor who went over everything with a fine tooth comb and when I told him about the email, he said he knew there was a pause, but didn't think it would affect our application because I meet the MIR. My partner has applied from Peru.

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:27 pm

Misskatie wrote:My partner has only received the on hold email. I believe I meet the financial requirement - income £15,000 and savings of £35,000 - meaning my income Around £22k. I'm wondering if I've got the pause email because the HO are looking into the savings aspect. However, it clearly states you can use savings to support the shortfall. I'm in salaried income & supplied 7 months payslips. I used a solicitor who went over everything with a fine tooth comb and when I told him about the email, he said he knew there was a pause, but didn't think it would affect our application because I meet the MIR. My partner has applied from Peru.
According to their rules you should be fine because the MIR is £18,600
If your salary is X then you meet the financial requirements if you
have saving of £16,000 + 2.5 * (MIR - X) = £25,000

If you have £35,000 in savings you have £10,000 above the minimum requirements.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:31 pm

I got only one mail which was
Hold one.....
My sallery was 23k
Savings over 35k
Employed no tax problems
No child
Applied in Jan 2017

It's so straight forward my case still have no news on anything
Whenever I called ukvi they just chatted shit..... about rubbish things Nd never gave me a proper answer so yh.....
Idk what to do :/

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:35 pm

avivbr wrote:
Misskatie wrote:My partner has only received the on hold email. I believe I meet the financial requirement - income £15,000 and savings of £35,000 - meaning my income Around £22k. I'm wondering if I've got the pause email because the HO are looking into the savings aspect. However, it clearly states you can use savings to support the shortfall. I'm in salaried income & supplied 7 months payslips. I used a solicitor who went over everything with a fine tooth comb and when I told him about the email, he said he knew there was a pause, but didn't think it would affect our application because I meet the MIR. My partner has applied from Peru.
According to their rules you should be fine because the MIR is £18,600
If your salary is X then you meet the financial requirements if you
have saving of £16,000 + 2.5 * (MIR - X) = £25,000

If you have £35,000 in savings you have £10,000 above the minimum requirements.

Exactly! My solicitor did the calculations and all was okay. So why my partner received the hold email I have no idea. I paid for priority too!

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Raj86 wrote:I got only one mail which was
Hold one.....
My sallery was 23k
Savings over 35k
Employed no tax problems
No child
Applied in Jan 2017

Whenever I called ukvi they just chatted shit..... about rubbish things Nd never gave me a proper answer so yh.....
Raj86, Are you the sponsor or the partner?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Maybe we should have a mini timeline for all those that got the hold email. Here's mine:

Case not straightforward email: YES
on-hold email: NO
Supreme court judgement email: NO
Reasons you think contribute to delay: Husband had some trouble with the law and has a criminal record in his name even though this was a while ago. We believe this is the reason we got the "case not straightforward" email.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:49 pm

avivbr wrote:
Raj86 wrote:I got only one mail which was
Hold one.....
My sallery was 23k
Savings over 35k
Employed no tax problems
No child
Applied in Jan 2017

Raj86, Are you the sponsor or the partner?

I am the sponsor....
really don't know what are the next steps

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:50 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:Maybe we should have a mini timeline for all those that got the hold email. Here's mine:

Reasons you think contribute to delay: Husband had some trouble with the law and has a criminal record in his name even though this was a while ago. We believe this is the reason we got the "case not straightforward" email.
There are 3 types email now??
What is the difference between the "on-hold" and the "supreme court judgement" emails?

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Lol all rubbish..... I personally think they just have over load of work pending ..... Nd instead of
Telling the truth they decide to miss cross people ...

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:00 pm

avivbr wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:Maybe we should have a mini timeline for all those that got the hold email. Here's mine:

There are 3 types email now??
What is the difference between the "on-hold" and the "supreme court judgement" emails?

My response was for the "on hold" email due to the Supreme Court ruling. I thought there was only 2. Just to clear my situation up - my partner received the email that his application couldn't be processed at the moment because of the Supreme Court ruling and they'd be sending his passport back, and would be in touch to continue with his application. He hasn't got his passport back either

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:10 pm

hi guys, our biomatrics 3rd of march, supporting documents sent to 14th march we received a emails from UKVI your case is not stait forward + your application on hold on 26th may we tried to call & email to them but no response if any one got any news like similar to us pls post on board

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:36 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:
Untraceable wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:@Untraceable,

Could you post a timeline here for us so it can help the rest of us still waiting?
28th Feb application submitted
7th March Biometrics and documents submitted
15th May document request from ECO
(Docs not received)
31st May Further document request as first time didn't go through.
8th June Decision made email from decision making center
so you didnt receive supreme court application on hold email or case not straight forward ?
No. Never received those emails.

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:45 pm

I personally didn't receive any on hold or case not straight forward or supreme court emails.
However, when I made an enquiry to my MP about why it was taking so long and why we haven't had any form of communication, they replied it was because my application was on hold because of the supreme court ruling.... But we never received any of those emails. Shortly after that enquiry was made. UKVI contacted me for additional documentation and then a decision was made on Friday just gone.... I really believe the in hold email is too cope with a higher work load and for any small discrepancies that would normally qualify for refusal has been found in the application. All these people on here meeting requirements and double sure and using solicitors it just doesn't make sense

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:18 am

Untraceable wrote:I personally didn't receive any on hold or case not straight forward or supreme court emails.
However, when I made an enquiry to my MP about why it was taking so long and why we haven't had any form of communication, they replied it was because my application was on hold because of the supreme court ruling.... But we never received any of those emails. Shortly after that enquiry was made. UKVI contacted me for additional documentation and then a decision was made on Friday just gone.... I really believe the in hold email is too cope with a higher work load and for any small discrepancies that would normally qualify for refusal has been found in the application. All these people on here meeting requirements and double sure and using solicitors it just doesn't make sense
Untraceable,

Have you picked up your passport yet? And did you get any signals if it was granted or denied? Like was your IHS payment refunded?

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:26 am

Mohsin1987ali wrote:I have appied on 1st of december 2016 made all enquiries sent an email to their complain center asweĺl but no postive reply yet just sent an email to MP so lets see. But the next steo is im will take this matter to the papers we cant suffer like that we need to expose thier unproffesionalism.

Hey Mohsin,
Have you got any updates? Is there anything you can do on the legal front? Have you tried going to the newspapers?

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:27 am

pixelrage09 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:I personally didn't receive any on hold or case not straight forward or supreme court emails.
Untraceable,

Have you picked up your passport yet? And did you get any signals if it was granted or denied? Like was your IHS payment refunded?

Is the IHS payment refunded upon refusal?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:05 pm

avivbr wrote: Is the IHS payment refunded upon refusal?
Yes. I heard it's one way some applicants have been trying to figure out if they got their visa or not.

ProC1C
Newly Registered

Post by ProC1C » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:24 pm

tchindy wrote:
ProC1C wrote:I'm new to this site. I also received a hold email 15 weeks after my biometrics. I was told that I'll be getting my passport back. I just wanted to know how long after receiving the hold email did people receive their passport back?
Hey @ProC1C, They only return passports back depending on the country, mine for example is held by them until they give a decision after this pause. From what I have seen, it doesn't usually take too long to receive your passport back, and they either deliver to the VFS where you applied from or directly to your address.
Thank you... I called the international number and was told 10 working days. Then I received an email the other that now says by application is not straightforward and needs more time. Don't know what that means for passport. I applied from the US. Still no passport, but it's only 6 days into the 10 working days.

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:22 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:@qwerty85

Congratulations on the decision! Hopefully visa is granted. And please keep us updated on the outcome.

All the best :)

Still no email or contact regarding my "decided" application.

Just checked the application status again, still says decided but the 'date updated' has changed from 24th May to 10th June. I dont even know whether its just an update or the application was only just decided on 10th June.

I have paid the 5 odd quid and sent an email demanding answers as to what exactly the status is.

Ill keep you updated.

hus7876
Newly Registered

Post by hus7876 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been following this board for quite sometime now and have a quick question, has anyone that have been affected by the pause, had to wait more than 24 weeks for a decision on an application, reason i ask is because my wife and i applied for her visa on 24th December and handed her Biometric details on the 3rd January along with me sending all supporting documents on the 6th January, she recieved an email stating her application has reached Sheffield on the 9th January,

I was interviewed over the phone on the 21st Febuary where i was told her application is on the final stages before being passed to a decision maker, but on the Sunday 5th March she had an email stating some applications are being put on hold due to the SC, it is now coming upto the 23rd week since we submitted the application and yet no response.

Please help

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello I am on the 22nd week lol
I haven't heard nothing yet.....
I just got one mail hold one Nd that's it ....
I personally think they have lots of applications pending
So they are taking ages .....
I have contact my local mp so waiting for his reply now ....