ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Increament

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Salary Increament

Post by GMO » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing good. My question is How much salary increment is ok and is it normal to increase salary once or small increment twice in a year is fine.

In details..Is it ok to increase salary £8000 annually once or it is ok to increase £4000 now and £4000 after 6 month.
if salary increase £8000 annually than it is 27% increment. Off course will let know HO through SMS about the increment.

But My Q is 27% increament annually is alright? or need to do it twice. Will apply for ILR next year btw. Please kindly let me know.

secret.simon

Re: Salary Increament

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Can your employer justify the reasons for giving you such a steep payrise just before your ILR application becomes due and that it was not being done to bypass the earnings requirement?

The Home Office will also look at whether your job has changed so much that it is now out of the SOC and whether your new role is now so different from what you were originally hired for that a RLMT needs to be triggered for it.

Also see this thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:55 am

Thanks for your reply. My job role didn't change at all! The company just launched the new product and have to do the same kind of job with higher volume! And it is annual pay rise as my last increment was in last year.So my question is do they need to do it once or twice with 14-15% increment will be ok?
FYI, ILR will be after more than a year..not soon!

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:02 am

Anyone can you help please.

dinny24
Newly Registered

Post by dinny24 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:34 pm

GMO wrote:Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing good. My question is How much salary increment is ok and is it normal to increase salary once or small increment twice in a year is fine.

In details..Is it ok to increase salary £8000 annually once or it is ok to increase £4000 now and £4000 after 6 month.
if salary increase £8000 annually than it is 27% increment. Off course will let know HO through SMS about the increment.

But My Q is 27% increament annually is alright? or need to do it twice. Will apply for ILR next year btw. Please kindly let me know.

In my case my company agreed for pay rise, so i will be having a pay rise from 26k to 35k nearly 35% increase just before 3 months of my ilr eligibility. will that be a problem?
if yes what should i do?
my role duties are same and no change in soc. As we got a new project i am assigned to it and so the pay rise. some one please give us your valuable thoughts.

tia

Bumblebee0911
Newly Registered

Post by Bumblebee0911 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:58 pm

dinny24 wrote:

In my case my company agreed for pay rise, so i will be having a pay rise from 26k to 35k nearly 35% increase just before 3 months of my ilr eligibility. will that be a problem?
if yes what should i do?
my role duties are same and no change in soc. As we got a new project i am assigned to it and so the pay rise. some one please give us your valuable thoughts.

tia

Unfortunately 35% increment just before the ILR has high chance of holding your application (better not to use premium service as 99% they will hold the application for further checks) and a unannounced HO visit to your company.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:00 pm

dinny24 wrote:

yea same here! i wanna know the same thing actually. Did you Appply for ILR already? and most importantly did your emplyoer let know the HO through SMS about your pay rise?

if yes what should i do?

tia

dinny24
Newly Registered

Post by dinny24 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Bumblebee0911 wrote:
dinny24 wrote:

if yes what should i do?

tia

Unfortunately 35% increment just before the ILR has high chance of holding your application (better not to use premium service as 99% they will hold the application for further checks) and a unannounced HO visit to your company.

my visa expires on feb 2019 but i am eligible from jan 2018 and pay rise agreed from november this year.Also it is a genuine increase like my company will update sms..they provide me letter and reason for increase. still is it risky to apply premium?

Bumblebee0911
Newly Registered

Post by Bumblebee0911 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:29 pm

dinny24 wrote:
Bumblebee0911 wrote:
dinny24 wrote:

if yes what should i do?

tia

my visa expires on feb 2019 but i am eligible from jan 2018 and pay rise agreed from november this year.Also it is a genuine increase like my company will update sms..they provide me letter and reason for increase. still is it risky to apply premium?

When you are planing to apply, in 2018 or 2019?. However, significant increment in the salary is not a plus mark for ILR applications. It has to be done gradually. As secret.simon mentioned previously refer to below thread as well ; indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-on-hold- ... 26868.html

dinny24
Newly Registered

Post by dinny24 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:33 pm

I am planning to apply feb 2018 as i dont want to wait longer before some rules change. SO based on your thoughts what is the best thing to do now...?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:17 pm

can I get a job in such a company where I can get 35% increase in the salary. :lol: I struggle to even get 2% increment from my employer.

jatala005
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by jatala005 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:28 pm

some people are making fun here. if you can't give an advice please stay quiet and let other people comment. regarding the salary increment, yes you can also get a job in such company if you are capable for something, and you are very important for business for long time. if you are really struggling to get 2% increment, means you really have to IMPROVE yourself or else you will be on the same salary after 20 years.

people are seeking advise here because they are worried about their situations so please be kind and try to understand how worried they are rather than making funny comments.
thanks

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Thanks!
My Question was, That is ok if my pay rises 13% now and 14% after 6 months as I have one year left for ILR?

Please help me on this query.

dinny24
Newly Registered

Post by dinny24 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:08 pm

GMO wrote:Thanks!
My Question was, That is ok if my pay rises 13% now and 14% after 6 months as I have one year left for ILR?

If this is ok then I can ask my company to pay rise now and then another rise in 6 months time..

Also I have contact with one of the solicitor I will ask him and update here by tomorrow

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:15 pm

dinny24 wrote:
GMO wrote:Thanks!

If this is ok then I can ask my company to pay rise now and then another rise in 6 months time..

Also I have contact with one of the solicitor I will ask him and update here by tomorrow
Thanks Dinn24,
I heard that small pay rise wont have that issue like the bigger ones do ! That is why i am asking..... Please ask the solicitor and let us now.

dinny24
Newly Registered

Post by dinny24 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:15 am

I heard that small pay rise wont have that issue like the bigger ones do ! That is why i am asking..... Please ask the solicitor and let us now.

I spoke to solicitor and he said "As long as your soc is same and duties are same and employer updates in SMS you will be fine"and he said said every case is different. he seems positive but again i cant completely blindfold and stay relaxed.

Need more expertise suggestions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:40 am

dinny24 wrote:

I spoke to solicitor and he said "As long as your soc is same and duties are same and employer updates in SMS you will be fine"and he said said every case is different. he seems positive but again i cant completely blindfold and stay relaxed.

HO is very aware of this high increase ruse/trick with no other responsibility or job changes shortly before ILR and they are investigating this fully. A 35% increase is not normal when everything else stays the same. If that is your jobs worth just before ILR, why has it not been for the whole time you have been with your sponsor?. 35% increase instantly raises the red flag with HO, so best prepare yourself and your sponsor for a visit and investigation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dinny24
Newly Registered

Post by dinny24 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:43 am

thanks..i have 1.5 years more before my visa expires. So what is the best way to avoid investigation etc?

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:07 am

CR001 wrote:
dinny24 wrote:

HO is very aware of this high increase ruse/trick with no other responsibility or job changes shortly before ILR and they are investigating this fully. A 35% increase is not normal when everything else stays the same. If that is your jobs worth just before ILR, why has it not been for the whole time you have been with your sponsor?. 35% increase instantly raises the red flag with HO, so best prepare yourself and your sponsor for a visit and investigation.
Thanks for your valuable comment CR001, I need 27% increament , shall i tell them to do 13% now and 14% after 6 month..will that be ok?? please waiting for your reply.

Thanks
Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:10 am

GMO wrote:
CR001 wrote:
dinny24 wrote:

Thanks for your valuable comment CR001, I need 27% increament , shall i tell them to do 13% now and 14% after 6 month..will that be ok?? please waiting for your reply.

Thanks
Kind Regards
It will probably be best to split it yes but no guarantees that HO won't still have a look or dig around.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 am

[/quote]
It will probably be best to split it yes but no guarantees that HO won't still have a look or dig around.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. If salary increase less than 15% than do we have to onform HO through SMS or its good to inform them anyhow?