ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Query2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ziaabbas
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa - Query

Post by ziaabbas » Tue May 16, 2017 10:54 am

Hi

I am a British national currently working in Middle East and planning to return back to UK with my wife. We plan to apply spouse settlement visa for her. We are going to meet financial requirements by way of Cash Savings (Category D), question is do I still need confirmed employment in UK.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

MobeenSaeed

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Query

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue May 16, 2017 11:09 am

ziaabbas wrote:Hi

I am a British national currently working in Middle East and planning to return back to UK with my wife. We plan to apply spouse settlement visa for her. We are going to meet financial requirements by way of Cash Savings (Category D), question is do I still need confirmed employment in UK.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Depends entirely on how much you have saved, and few other requirements. For more information on this specifically, read from the following link below, from pages 46-54.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

ziaabbas
Newly Registered

Post by ziaabbas » Tue May 16, 2017 11:50 am

Hi

I went through this already but it doesn't clarify if Financial requirements are fully met via Cash Saving, is confirmed job offer from UK Employer still required i.e. is there a separate requirement to have a UK job offer.

Regards.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 16, 2017 11:54 am

A job offer isn't required in the UK if you are qualifying solely through savings. As you are no doubt already aware, these must have been held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months and be at least £62,500 (or the equivalent in local currency).

You will however need to show evidence of adequate accommodation available on arrival in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue May 16, 2017 12:03 pm

I went through this already but it doesn't clarify if Financial requirements are fully met via Cash Saving, is confirmed job offer from UK Employer still required i.e. is there a separate requirement to have a UK job offer.

Regards.
Then you have not gone through it thoroughly, because on page 47 it clearly states if you have a total of £62,500 saved, then no further income is needed from other sources to combine with your cash savings.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

ziaabbas
Newly Registered

Post by ziaabbas » Tue May 16, 2017 12:18 pm

Casa wrote:A job offer isn't required in the UK if you are qualifying solely through savings. As you are no doubt already aware, these must have been held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months and be at least £62,500 (or the equivalent in local currency).

You will however need to show evidence of adequate accommodation available on arrival in the UK.
Thanks for the clarification.

ziaabbas
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Query2

Post by ziaabbas » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 am

Hi

Will be applying for spouse visa shortly using Cash Savings route, but plans are to relocate beginning of next year.
Can this be mentioned in the application, so that once the decision is taken, the visa is issued accordingly (considering our dates of travel). Understanding is that once visa is issued, we can delay our arrival to UK max. by 3 months, else it will impact ILR applications, after 5 years.

Thanks & Kind Regards.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Query2

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:10 am

You are only able to request to have the visa start date deferred for a maximum of 3 months. Do bear in mind that the UKVI don't always issue the visa on a requested date.

Also. you no longer have the option of entering within 3 months of the visa issue date, as the applicant MUST enter the UK within 30 days in order to collect their BRP from a designated Post Office within 10 days of arrival.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:17 pm

It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question. Keep all questions in this topic as I have merged your posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

accablues
United Kingdom

Post by accablues » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Hi, I am in same boat as you - are you showing savings in UK bank account or local ME bank ? thanks

accablues
United Kingdom

Post by accablues » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Casa wrote:You are only able to request to have the visa start date deferred for a maximum of 3 months. Do bear in mind that the UKVI don't always issue the visa on a requested date.

Also. you no longer have the option of entering within 3 months of the visa issue date, as the applicant MUST enter the UK within 30 days in order to collect their BRP from a designated Post Office within 10 days of arrival.

I have question to the second part of this message (10 days rule) : what if the person is unable to enter within 30 days , does that make visa void or any other issues can crop up? please advise

thanks alot

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:40 am

accablues wrote:
Casa wrote:You are only able to request to have the visa start date deferred for a maximum of 3 months. Do bear in mind that the UKVI don't always issue the visa on a requested date.

I have question to the second part of this message (10 days rule) : what if the person is unable to enter within 30 days , does that make visa void or any other issues can crop up? please advise Yes the visa will be void.

thanks alot
(Casa, not CR001)

ziaabbas
Newly Registered

Post by ziaabbas » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:06 am

@accblues - my bank statements are from ME banks.

Query : what is the acceptable absence period (time outside UK) which is considered for 5 years ILR route.

Hirra
Newly Registered

Post by Hirra » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:28 am

Hi
I need to track my passport
A computer number is required what is that number
How can I get this number plz help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:34 am

Hirra wrote:Hi
I need to track my passport
A computer number is required what is that number
How can I get this number plz help
Please start your own topic with your questions. This topic is NOT a general discussion one to ask questions and has no relevant to the original posters queries. It is also considered rude to just tag onto other members topic and it creates confusion.

Suggest familiarise yourself with the forum T&Cs, summary of the main points in the link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:39 am

ziaabbas wrote:@accblues - my bank statements are from ME banks.

Query : what is the acceptable absence period (time outside UK) which is considered for 5 years ILR route.
There is no set permitted absence for ILR but he Case Worker will want to see time spent outside of the UK as reasonable.
This is the official guidance:
4.6. Absences from UK during probationary period
There is no specific requirement in the Rules that the entire probationary period
must be spent in the United Kingdom. For example, where an applicant has
spent a limited period outside of the United Kingdom in connection with his
employment, this should not count against him. However, if he has spent the
majority of the period overseas, there may be reason to doubt that all the
requirements of the Rules have been met. Each case must be judged on its
merits, taking into account reasons for travel, length of absences and whether
the applicant and sponsor travelled and lived together during the time spent
outside the United Kingdom. These factors will need to be considered against
the requirements of the Rules.
(Casa, not CR001)

ziaabbas
Newly Registered

Post by ziaabbas » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:01 am

Hi

Previously it was like 90 days per year (not consecutive) can be spend outside , not sure if I recall it correctly.
So, as per current rule, there is no such option, pls confirm.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:07 am

Previously it was like 90 days per year (not consecutive) can be spend outside , not sure if I recall it correctly.
So, as per current rule, there is no such option, pls confirm.

Regards
There has not been a maximum absence limit for spouse visas for a long time. You are likely confusing other visa category absence limits (Tier 2 G for example).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:12 am

You may also be confusing this with the '90 day' limit of absence in the last 12 months prior to applying for British citizenship. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

ziaabbas
Newly Registered

Post by ziaabbas » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:32 am

You are correct, thanks.

ziaabbas
Newly Registered

Post by ziaabbas » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:39 am

Hi
My wife currently has 6 months visit visa (not residing in UK), can we still go ahead with spouse visa application or visit visa has to be over.

Regards.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Yes, but bear in mind that if the spouse visa application fails, she will be unlikely to qualify for a visitor visa in the future due to the prior intention to settle in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)

ziaabbas
Newly Registered

Post by ziaabbas » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Thanks, so having a valid visit visa doesn't matter if you are outside UK? Somewhere on the website (gov.uk), it mentions that if you have a valid visit visa you cannot apply for spouse visa.

Another query is regarding accommodation, as mentioned in Part 2 of VAF4A form. We are applying from outside UK and I will be accompanying my family to UK. At the time of application we don't have any address in UK. Our plan is, once the visa is issued , then we look for a property to rent initially. In this situation, what are we suppose to put under Part 2 of this form.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:58 pm

When the application is submitted you must submit proof of adequate accommodation which will be available on your wife's arrival in the UK.

This can be with friends or family providing the occupants have provided written confirmation of the invitation and that they have the right to permit you to stay with them, such as:
Copy of the property deeds if owned outright
or
Copy of their mortgage agreement
or
If rented, written permission from the landlord or housing authority permitting you to live in the property.
(Casa, not CR001)

ziaabbas
Newly Registered

Post by ziaabbas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:14 am

Hi

Query : For relocating to Jersey, would UK spouse Visa sufficient for my wife, or any thing else we need to take care.

Regards.