ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application: Section 1(3) or Section 3(1) ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pcsumanth
Newly Registered

MN1 Application: Section 1(3) or Section 3(1) ?

Post by pcsumanth » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:58 am

Hello folks,
Myself and family (spouse + 1 kid) are applying for naturalization in July. Our kid was born in UK while we were still on Tier 1 visa. Myself and my wife were granted ILR last year (July). The kid is still on dependent visa as we decided to apply for naturalization together.

My question is which section of British Nationality Act should I use for the kid's application?
Section 1(3) looks straight forward - birth in UK to parents who are now settled.

However the guide states section 3(1) - child whose parents are applying for British citizenship .

Can someone please help ? Further , if section 1(3) is what I am supposed to use, should I be answering the question 8.8 "[For parents applying for British citizenship at the same time as their child] I still
want my child to be registered as a British citizen even if my own application for British
citizenship is refused." in the Consent section?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Application: Section 1(3) or Section 3(1) ?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:18 am

Section 1(3) - for children born WITHIN the UK.

Section 3(1) - for children born OUTSIDE the UK.

8.8 is not relevant as a UK born child has an entitlement to register.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pcsumanth
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 Application: Section 1(3) or Section 3(1) ?

Post by pcsumanth » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Thank you for the quick response.

regards.