ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant Tier 2 renewal application along with my ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mev86
Newly Registered

PBS dependant Tier 2 renewal application along with my ILR

Post by Mev86 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:46 pm

I have the following query with regards to my ILR application ( via Tier 2 ; 5-year route) that I am planning to make at the end of March 2018.

I will be eligible for applying for ILR visa on 29th March 2018 (28 days prior to my 5 years). My 5 years on Tier 2 General is due on 24th April 2018.

My wife’s Tier 2 dependant visa and my Tier 2 visa are valid currently until 13/06/18. I am aware that my wife is not able to apply for ILR along with me as her 5 years on Tier 2 is not yet completed. She will complete 5 years only in August 2020.

If I apply for ILR in March 2018 and considering it takes 4-6 months for ILR visa processing I will not have the ILR visa in my hand before my wife’s current Tier 2 dependent visa expires.

•Can you please advice when should I apply for the extension of my wife’s Tier 2 dependant visa and what documents will be required?
•Will I be able to submit application for my wife’s Tier 2 extension visa along with my ILR application in March 2018?
. Can you advise the best way forward so that my wife will not have a break in her continuous residence in UK?

Thanks
Mevin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependant Tier 2 renewal application along with my I

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:59 pm

If I apply for ILR in March 2018 and considering it takes 4-6 months for ILR visa processing I will not have the ILR visa in my hand before my wife’s current Tier 2 dependent visa expires.
Then apply in person for a same day decision.
•Can you please advice when should I apply for the extension of my wife’s Tier 2 dependant visa and what documents will be required?
Yes she can extend her visa and you should read the guidance notes.
•Will I be able to submit application for my wife’s Tier 2 extension visa along with my ILR application in March 2018?
Not with yours if you are applying by post as the applications go to completely different departments and possibly different locations. She can apply in person with her own appointment a couple of hours after yours.
Can you advise the best way forward so that my wife will not have a break in her continuous residence in UK?
Apply for ILR in person and wife PBS extension either in person or by post before her visa expires.

See link below.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html

You should also note that her extension will fail if your ILR fails.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mev86
Newly Registered

Post by Mev86 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks for the advise CR001.

How long will it take for my ILR permit to arrive if I do an in person appointment?

Do I require my ILR permit copy to support my wife's Tier 2 dependant visa renewal application?

Also can you confirm total cost of my ILR in person application?

Thanks

Mevin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:56 pm

How long will it take for my ILR permit to arrive if I do an in person appointment?

7 to 10 days, sometimes sooner, delivered by DX Couriers.
Do I require my ILR permit copy to support my wife's Tier 2 dependant visa renewal application?
No, your letter you get from the in person appointment should be sufficient and obviously HO will have all your information available on their system.
Also can you confirm total cost of my ILR in person application?
£2297 postal or £2887 for in person premium centre appointment. HO Fees table April 2017 (click), fees go up on 6th April every year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mev86
Newly Registered

Post by Mev86 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:26 pm

Thanks