ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Sponsors and salary requirements after April 2017

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Embem
Newly Registered

Switching Sponsors and salary requirements after April 2017

Post by Embem » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:12 pm

Hey all, I hope this isn't too complicated. Back story: I'm currently on a Tier 2 visa as a landscape architect graduate. I've had this visa about 1.5 years now and will be switching to a different company around August. My title will still be 'graduate' however, I'm a bit confused about what my salary requirement is now that I have 'experience'.

The change in April made it so 'experienced' workers would need to be paid £30k, however I'm still going to be titled a 'graduate'. Am I considered an experienced worker and need to be paid this, or can I continue to be a graduate?

The salary rates, according to the guidance, are listed below. I'm just not sure what I would be put under (my current visa a Part 1 graduate)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work

Salary rates:
Part 1 graduate: £21,600
Part 2 graduate: £23,800
Part 3 graduate / newly-registered architect with less than 3 years’ experience since registration: £28,000
Experienced worker: £32,100

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Switching Sponsors and salary requirements after April 2

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:08 pm

I might be wrong, I guess the job title doesn't matter in this case. What matters is the number of years you have spent working in that role. if you have only worked for 1.5 years, then it appears the salary rates are clearly spelled out in your job code, putting you in Part 3 (graduate / newly-registered architect with less than 3 years’ experience since registration: £28,000). It is, however, safer to earn the experienced salary of £32,100 just in case the case worker decided to treat you as an experienced worker.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

hollymoly
Newly Registered

Re: Switching Sponsors and salary requirements after April 2

Post by hollymoly » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:46 am

Job title is less important than other specification that indicated in the policy.
Because you are changing your employer, you will need a new Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) which means you will be applied to the Rates of pay minimum of £30K or job code 'experienced' whichever is higher. In this case, even though the code suggested £28K, you will be subjected to get at least £30K.
IF it was same employer and a different role, you will not be subjected to the new rates of pay rule since CoS has already assigned.