ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email confirmation from sheffield

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tonyrobson77
Newly Registered

Supporting documents question

Post by Tonyrobson77 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi, need advice please on the supporting documents I have sent to my wife. My wife is Cuban and is applying for settlement visa. I have sent all my original supporting documents to her. She has some original documents there ie marriage certificate in Spanish and English, criminal record check, ielts English exam document etc etc. She has spoke to the embassy in Havana and they have told her the documents need to go to Sheffield. What documents go to Sheffield and what documents does she take to her interview in Havana? I find this crazy that she is applying for a visa from Cuba so she surely should take all documents with her to embassy in Cuba!!!! I called the premium rate number on gov.uk and they said the info for this is on website but I couldn't find it. When I looked it said on website that she must go to her interview with passport, spare passport sized photo, all supporting documents relevant to visa application and a photocopy of each document. But when I spoke to someone at gov.uk she said they are having system problems but it's right about Sheffield. Am I going daft or am I getting seriously mixed info. Anyone with the correct info would be massively appreciated. Thanks. Tony

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Supporting documents question

Post by seagul » Mon May 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Tonyrobson77 wrote:!!! I called the premium rate number on gov.uk and they said the info for this is on website but I couldn't find it.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sa-in-cuba
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Tonyrobson77
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyrobson77 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:03 pm

Thanks for the link. I did find this page and read it. This is where I got confused. It clearly states on that page to bring all supporting documents with you to the application centre relevant to the visa application. So why are they telling her she needs to send documents to sheffield? That is the part that gets me.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon May 22, 2017 10:34 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon May 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi Tony,

The link that seagul sent you is pretty clear.

Unfortunately the situation is different depending upon which jurisdiction you apply from. Most in-country services are being withdrawn and you are responsible for sending documents to ECO in Shefffield. Previously in some places, you would take all of the documents to the VAC and they would take them off you and send them to Sheffield on your behalf. I know in my case this is how it used to work in Russia. However, now the only document your spouse takes to the VAC in Russia is the passport. You are solely responsible for ensuring all the documents get to the address in Sheffield. This is what we did. I sent them from the UK. However, in the Phillipines they still offer a scan and send service. There, your spouse can take everything to the VAC, they scan it all and send it to Sheffield. Very confusing I know.

It may well be that Cuba is in the transition or they just don't have a clue like the people answering the phone on the premium rate service who told me I needed to take all of the documents for my wife to the VAC when she had her biometric appointment. Totally wrong!

I would go with the advice on the UK gov website. If they refuse at the VAC, then just send it all to Sheffield yourself. Expensive I know, just make sure it gets there within 10 days of biometrics appointment.

Good Luck
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Tonyrobson77
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyrobson77 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Thank you Simon. You have made the most sense out of all the people I have asked and emails sent and the "premium service". It's so hard to get a straight answer with this visa process. 1 headache after another. As for the costs that's another story. I would give my last dime to have my wife back here with me though so is very worth the hassle. She is in Havana now so I'm going to get her to go to the embassy and ask what she should bring to her appointment next week. I'll get her to return all documents to me then I'll send recorded delivery to Sheffield. Fingers crossed then and hope for a speedy visa sent my wife's way. Many thanks again

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Wed May 24, 2017 1:33 am

I understand exactly where you are coming from.

Good idea for your wife to phone them again. This is what my wife did in Russia and they gave us the correct advice. Once she had done the biometrics we received an automatic email from Sheffield requesting we send them the documents.

If your budget can stretch to it I would reccommend priority service. However, judging by some of the posts on here that service is lagging well behind the 15 working days guidance so you may not feel you're getting value for money. Some are quoting 6 to 12 weeks!! Unfortunately, that is also pushing out non-priority applications to 24 weeks in some cases. I will say this though, priority does mean you will be assessed before non-priority applications. It's just that the timelines all appear to be skewed due to a backlog.

It's a minefield. Trying to remain optimistic but slowly preparing myself for unwelcome silence. I will feel very let down on Thursday = day 15 - if my £551 priority processing fee is not met with an on time decision.

Good Luck
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Tonyrobson77
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyrobson77 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi Simon

Thanks again for info. You are correct. It is more than a minefield. I'm now wondering if your silence has turned to joy? Did day 15 pass with no news? I'm very tempted to pay the priority service. Have they give you a timescale if not an answer? I hope you have had the news you have been waiting for and you are reunited with your wife. My pain goes on. Fingers crossed soon I will have joy.

Regards
Tony

Tonyrobson77
Newly Registered

Email confirmation from sheffield

Post by Tonyrobson77 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:46 am

Hi all

I was hoping someone can tell me how long it takes to get some kind of acknowledgement from home office on an application. Applied online on the 12th May. Got the payment made email. My wife had biometrics appointment in Havana and handed in application form and passport on 31st May. I posted all the supporting documents to sheffield and they arrived 8th June. Me or my wife has had no confirmation that the documents are even in Sheffield. How long do they usually take to confirm as it would be nice to know they have all documents.

Thanks Tony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Email confirmation from sheffield

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:00 am

Topics merged. Kindly keep all your questions in your existing topic (this one) rather than starting a new topic in the General Immigration sub forum which is not the correct sub forum.

HO does not always send a confirmation. If you send the documents special delivery, track it on Royal Mail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi Tony,

I got n aknowedglement 2 hours once it arrived and that i was missing documents and that was june 5th. Still havent heard anything from them. I called twice and emailed and couldnt tell me anything. im feeling awful. I jsut want to know everyting is ok..

Tonyrobson77
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyrobson77 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi

At least you got some kind of confirmation that your documents had arrived. I've still had no response from them. As you say it would be nice just to know. The problem I have is that I sent the documents to ukvi Sheffield international operations, Vulcan house iron, 6 millsands s3 8nu. I need to know this is the correct place just for supporting documents as I found an earlier email that I thought I didn't have and that said to send documents to ukvi sheffield international operations, p.o. box 5852, s11 0fx. I called the premium line and they said send to s3 8nu one as i did. Now im worried aout the documents being in the right place. Can anyone confirm this please?????

Thanks
Tony

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi Tony,

I think the address should be ok. I've seen about 4 different addresses now on here but I think that's something to do with the Geographical area of application. At least I hope so! I sent mine to the same place as you only the postcode differed by one letter 8NH.

I also never received any confirmmation from them that they had the documents and still haven't. Just got my Royal Mail Special Delivery Receipt with a scanned signature of whoever signed for it. We're 38 working days today on priority and no documents back, no contact and no decision.

Good Luck
Simon

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:45 pm

Tonyrobson77 wrote:Hi

At least you got some kind of confirmation that your documents had arrived. I've still had no response from them. As you say it would be nice just to know. The problem I have is that I sent the documents to ukvi Sheffield international operations, Vulcan house iron, 6 millsands s3 8nu. I need to know this is the correct place just for supporting documents as I found an earlier email that I thought I didn't have and that said to send documents to ukvi sheffield international operations, p.o. box 5852, s11 0fx. I called the premium line and they said send to s3 8nu one as i did. Now im worried aout the documents being in the right place. Can anyone confirm this please?????

Thanks
Tony
It doesn't matter which address you send your documents to. I have sent documents to both addresses and it was included in my main file. I think both the addresses are part of a single complex and whatever documents they receive, they forward it directly to the ECO dealing with your case.

Just be sure to include your GWF number on the envelope (I did this by writing my GWF number in marker on the front of the brown envelope) and in brackets mention if it is priority. That way, your file gets handled faster.

Hope that helps.

CarlH88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CarlH88 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Tonyrobson77 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:32 pm
Hi

Thanks
Tony
Hi Tony,

I hope you are well. I don’t suppose you have an update on how you got on with everything? I am marrying my Cuban fiancée in a few months and I’d be grateful for an insight in to your experiences with the process. Thanks very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:25 pm

CarlH88 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:13 pm
Tonyrobson77 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:32 pm
Hi

Thanks
Tony
Hi Tony,

I hope you are well. I don’t suppose you have an update on how you got on with everything? I am marrying my Cuban fiancée in a few months and I’d be grateful for an insight in to your experiences with the process. Thanks very much.
The user has not logged into the forum for more than a year.

Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances and questions rather than tagging onto older topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.