ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK-born child after father's PR: biometric details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rio1970
Newly Registered

UK-born child after father's PR: biometric details

Post by Rio1970 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Hello.

After reading the FAQs on this site, it looks like I do not need to fill form MN1 for my 5-year old son who was born in the UK in 2012, because I, his Italian father, already had acquired Permanent Residency since 2011.

Does this mean that I can take my son to the Post Office to get him a British passport right away, e.g., using the Passport Check and Send service they provide?
Or do I still need to do something, before I can apply for his passport?

For instance, doesn't he need to get his biometric details taken, like anyone else does (I am applying for naturalisation via the AN form and I am going to be required to come for an appointment, in order to have my biometric details taken)?
Nothing? Is it to be considered just an ordinary first passport request, for him?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK-born child after father's PR: biometric details

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:33 pm

I, his Italian father, already had acquired Permanent Residency since 2011.
Do you have a Document Certifying your Permanent Residency (DCPR) and confirmation of the date you acquired PR?
Does this mean that I can take my son to the Post Office to get him a British passport right away, e.g., using the Passport Check and Send service they provide?
Depending on your answer to my question above, yes you can.
Or do I still need to do something, before I can apply for his passport?
Depends if you have a DCPR or not.
For instance, doesn't he need to get his biometric details taken, like anyone else does (I am applying for naturalisation via the AN form and I am going to be required to come for an appointment, in order to have my biometric details taken)?
There are no biometrics for passport applications. For you, there is no 'appointment' for biometrics. Once you have submitted your application, HO will write to you asking you to enroll biometrics at the Post Office. You take the letter with you when you do this as it has a barcode on specifically relating to your naturalisatation application. There is a Post Office fee to enroll biometrics but it is only a walk in service and not all post office's do it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rio1970
Newly Registered

Post by Rio1970 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:03 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Yes, of course I do have a document from the HO stating that my Permanent Residency starts from 16/10/2011 and I also have my son's UK birth certificate stating the he was born in London in 2012.

Now, actually, I have just found out that the Post Office may require me to send that document across, which I cannot do, because I need it for my own naturalisation procedure, which should start a couple of weeks later, with my appointment at the Council's "Nationality Checking Service".

Do you by chance know whether the Post Office "Check & Send" service can check that the HO PR document I provide is genuine and then send across a copy made by them, so that I can bring the original to my appointment at the NCS, a couple of weeks later?

Again, thank you very much for your much appreciated help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:55 pm

You must send the PR card for the childs passport application.

Check and send do not verify your originals and send copies.

Suggest do your app first and the apply for child's passport or use the one week fast track service for child's passprt.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.