ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hamzijs
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Post by Hamzijs » Sun May 14, 2017 3:21 pm

No it's my husband that applied for me :/
I was in England for 7 years and I had to come back here so we could apply:(
Do you know why it is taking longer then usual ?

Bengalisister123
Newly Registered

Post by Bengalisister123 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Oh well may Allāh grant you and us all good news soon Ameen.

No i genuinely dont know why its taking so long. Just before i applied people were getting it within 2/3 weeks. But yeah, ive got a little one too, so i totally get you - its hard when you dont have your other half with you.

Bengalisister123
Newly Registered

Post by Bengalisister123 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:17 am

Has anybody heard anything back?

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:46 am

My wifes bio was taken on the 6th of april checked the status a few times first it said a decision has been delayed until further enquiries are being caried out then it said under process now it says no updates as they cant track it.does anyone know what this could mean and any updates on anyones application.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Mouludmiah85 wrote:Hi Abz,

My husband took the application with all the documents alongside with his passport and two passport sized photos. The documents that he had included the following:
An opening letter explaining what has been included. Copy of online application woth appendix, TB certificate, proof of geniune marraige i.e. Marraige certificate, call history etc, accommodation letter, and proof of income with bank statements etc.

So basically he took everything with him and they scanned everything and returned all the documents. They even returned the TB certificate. The application centre only kept his passport and his biometric finger print. He then laid the new fee and was given a reciept. However even though they scanned all the documents at the centre, for a piece of mind i posted the application to Sheffield.

I would say all your wife needs to do is send her Tb and English certificates to you and you should compile and give everything to Sheffield. She only needs to take the appointment letter with her passport. Also proof that you have paid for the Nhs surcharge.

I am still waiting on my husband's visa decision. Litle bit nervous :(
Hi,

I have only spotted this. But have you submitted form VAF4A and appendix 2. Without these being submitted it will result in a huge delay. If you look on the original e-mail from Sheffield if thats where the documents were sent to. It actually does say this on the e-mail though it states the relevant appendix.

I would advise you contact them and see if they may allow you to submit it. But either ways you will be at slight ease of the situation.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Fatehabegum1982 wrote:Hi I just saw your post and was wondering when did you submit your wife's application in Bangladesh?

I've submitted my husbands application on the 19th March and I know the processing time say can take up to 30 working days.

I wanted to know if anyone knows should we not hear anything upon 30 working days can we trace or take the application, and if so will it go against him?!

Thank you
Hi,

I would just like to may something clear. Unfortunately in Bangladesh they mislead people quite alot. The 30 days is something they quote but then with a disclaimer saying hopefully you will recieve a response. The official guidelines on waiting time is 12 weeks.

Hopefully yours will be processed quicker than that.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:32 am

Hi yes all forms were submitted and recent status check shows awaiting decision so inshaa allah a decision will be made soon my salary is way above the requirment but at the moment even priority apps are taking this long due to the transition hoping i get my decision this week

abz79

Post by abz79 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:13 pm

hi there
I have submitted my wife's application last 04/06/2017.when I completed the online application, it showed the money about TK 161000 BDT. But on the day of submission she need to pay about TK 177000.

As we all know the supporting documents need to send it to Sheffield . I already have done it .
my wife took photocopy of all the documents . they sent only appendix 2 to Sheffield and charge additional TK 9000 BDT for courier service.
which was unnecessary and waste of money . the staff who are working I think they have no knowledge about this.
anyway if anyone submit from now on please make sure you look at this issue rather than depend on staff of VFS centre.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:14 am

Has anyone heard anything back yet mine is showing awaiting a decision for the last two weeks when i checked the ukvi enquirie line has anyone else had this.

Please update on decisions

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:37 am

Mash17101 wrote:Has anyone heard anything back yet mine is showing awaiting a decision for the last two weeks when i checked the ukvi enquirie line has anyone else had this.

Please update on decisions
Hi Mash,

I just got the "AWAITING A DECISION" email from UKVI. Mine has been in awaiting-a-decision since 10th May. Have you heard back with regards to your application?

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 am

Hi pixi

no i havnt heard anything back did call them yesterday but says the same thing if you dont mind me saying what do you earn as alot of apps at this stage will take very long if you dont meet the requirment if you earn 18500 then yes you meet the requirment but they dig deep to see your spending and they will check if you have atleast 400 pounds left each month.

But inshaa allah soon well get the decision.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Mash17101 wrote:Hi pixi

no i havnt heard anything back did call them yesterday but says the same thing if you dont mind me saying what do you earn as alot of apps at this stage will take very long if you dont meet the requirment if you earn 18500 then yes you meet the requirment but they dig deep to see your spending and they will check if you have atleast 400 pounds left each month.

But inshaa allah soon well get the decision.
Mash,

Alhamdulillah, I make over 24,500 quid, and I work a government job on top of that. If HO needed, they could easily just check the status of my employment with HMRC. We have had the "AWAITING A DECISION" since last month and I'm starting to think it means nothing and just another way of HO giving you false hope.

Did you get any useful information in your phone call? Do you know how long it takes to go from "awaiting a decision" to "Decided"?

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:53 pm

After is says awaiting decision its a wating game but rest assurd all checks are done if they needed to contact you they would of at the "under processing stage" know its the decision which is quick as soon as its your turn due to the transition its taking alot longer. But you should get an answer by 12 weeks the ecos to my knowledge have a quota system and they have to complete applications within that time frame or give there reasons to why its taking longer to there team managers.

As far as ukvi is concernd they dont have much information apart from what it says on the status they are not experianced at all they are just call centre staff that read from a generic formated letter at the moment on average its taking between 10 and 12 weeks for a decision allhamdullilah i earn49k plus but even to me its still a worry will my wife get her clearencec inshaa allah soon well know good luck and hope this helps.and keep updated on your decision

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:00 pm

And bare in mind there have been a few bank holiday weekends since april so that means it would take a couple of weeks longer.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 pm

That's good to know mash. Did you apply priority or non-priority? And what was the date of your application?

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:11 pm

Hi pixel,

I applied non priority it was 6th of april however they count from the date sheffield receives it which was a week later at the moment oriority ones are taking around the same kind of time im going to give them another call on monday to be honest its better to call them then email even though it costs abit at least you get to speak to a human and feel abit re assurd then getting a standard email mine has been showing awaiting a decision for two weeks know and even thiugh its been just over 8 weeks due to a few bank holidays its probz more like 6 weeks also they call 5 working days as a week so the bank holidays took a few days out of full week if that makes sense.but just got to wait its frustrating as i was in desh last month.its luck mate some people gt it with a week and then there us who have to wait.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:47 am

Mash17101 wrote:Hi pixel,

I applied non priority it was 6th of april however they count from the date sheffield receives it which was a week later at the moment oriority ones are taking around the same kind of time im going to give them another call on monday to be honest its better to call them then email even though it costs abit at least you get to speak to a human and feel abit re assurd then getting a standard email mine has been showing awaiting a decision for two weeks know and even thiugh its been just over 8 weeks due to a few bank holidays its probz more like 6 weeks also they call 5 working days as a week so the bank holidays took a few days out of full week if that makes sense.but just got to wait its frustrating as i was in desh last month.its luck mate some people gt it with a week and then there us who have to wait.
Do keep me updated on your phone call to UKVI since we are on the same "awaiting a decision" boat. I've been a month on "awaiting a decision" but don't know how much longer the wait would be.

And btw, our application has passed that 12-week mark. We applied early February and it will be 24 weeks on 13th July.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:53 am

If you pass the 12 weeks marker then they should have emaild you letting you know why its passed the 12 weeks however on there silly small print it also says can take up to 6 months i know someone who got theres within 2 and half months and they applied a few weeks before me.if you have done everything right then it may just be the eco your file is assigned to may have more priority apps to look at therefor you on the bsck of the list hopfully you get your decision soon i hope mine doesnt take this long.

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Post by Rose_20 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:33 am

Hi all ,

I wanted to ask a quick question to anyone on this thread since you guys are all ahead of me in the process . I intend to apply for my husband's spouse visa in about 5 months time In shaa Allaah. We have had a nikkah done here in the UK and I am aware that it won't be recognised if I use that in our application. He won't be able to travel here to register the marriage so in shaa Allaah I will be going to Bangaldesh to register it there as that seems the easiest route .

So I wanted to know the steps that we have to take to obtain our marriage certificate. I know it has to be translated but then what ? and what authority do I do it with . I will be in Dhaka by the way .

thanks in advance for your help and May Allaah make your applications a success for you all .

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi rose,

Your nikah will have to be done again the mosque that does it they will give you all the relevent paperwork and the translated papers the notory public.your marriage in bangladesh will be registerd and the uk will recognise it as a legal marriage.once this is done your spouse will have to take the iels A1 test and then take a TB test from uk approved medical centre and then you can apply.when you get your marriage certificates and the paperworks make sure you check all spellings as they make errors alot of the time and due to these spelling errors your visa can get refused so be carefull off corse on all things to have your marriage cert translated there will be a fee.

Hope this helps.

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Post by Rose_20 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi Mash,

Thanks for the reply . So the mosque gives me the paper work , I get it translated and notarised by the notary public and that's it ? I don't have to go to the British embassy ?

And yes ofcourse I have to try and find a qualified translator and hopefully all the details will be correct . I wonder if the British embassy offer a translating and notorising sevice ?

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi rose,

You can get the documents translated and notorised buy the mosque aswel you wont have to find someone else the whole service is included in the fee you will pay its between £120 and £200.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:59 am

Hi,

Has anyone had any response to there application?

Application for mine made on 17th April. When I called UKVI for update over phone on 9th June was told 'currently awaiting decision'.

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi Khan,

I applied for my husband and Sheffield received documents on the 14th July. I've got a response saying that it's awaiting a decision. Not sure how much longer we have to wait.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi Mouloud,

Inshallah not that long I hope.
The way they give visa's is crazy. I know someone who applied and got wife visa in 3 weeks another lucky person was 2 weeks from date of submission. Others have been over the 12 weeks.