ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markandebony
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa

Post by markandebony » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:06 am

Just joined this forum.

I am a UK expat living in HK. Myself and two kids have UK passports. My wife is applying for spouse visa.

Our application:

Applied online: April 5th 2017
Submitted documents: April 24th 2017
Received SMS via Manila: April 24th 2017
Another email from Sheffield stating documents arrived: May 2nd 2017
Other email yesterday:

Dear Lam

Thank you for your e-mail dated 08/06/17. Apologises for the late response.

Our records show that GWFxxxxxxxx is still awaiting a decision as of 1/06/17.

For a priority spouse visa we aim for 15 working days to process the application. As it is now outside the standard processing time for priority service, I will be giving this case to a manager.

Please send me the following details so I can give to a manager.

I just wonder how you are doing with timelines> Did any of you have been granted a positive decision check the tracker site. can you find your details?

Stressful times

SimonS

Re: UK Spouse Visa

Post by SimonS » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Wow! Nobody on here got a response to an email enquiry as positive as that.

Interested to know what you asked for in your email?

I sent them an update request email on 7th June and still not received a reply. We applied priority on 19th April with biometrics 21st April and documents arrived to Sheffield 5th May. 36 working days completed today with no documents returned, no decision and no response to my latest email of last week.

Tracker site does not seem to work for most of us.

Thanks for sharing the timeline and info.

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:55 pm

Hi Simon,

Are you currently int he UK? Is it you or your wife? You can contact your local MP and send them an email to contact the UKVI. Your case is so out of hand!

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:06 am

Hi Soleil,

It is me in the UK, my wife is in Russia. Considering that very course of action.

Anyway, should not really discuss it on somebody elses thread.

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.