ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Standard Visitor Visa Form - Visit Dates

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kmb786
Newly Registered

UK Standard Visitor Visa Form - Visit Dates

Post by kmb786 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:09 am

Hi,

I am in the process of applying for my mother in law's visit visa from Pakistan.

One of the questions on the form ask her what date she plans to come to the UK and on what date will she leave. I read somewhere, that the date to enter the UK should be at least three months after the application date - is this true? If it is, will she be able to enter the UK before the date that she has entered on the application - i.e less than three months assuming she gets a reply from ECO less than three months?

Thank you.

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Re: UK Standard Visitor Visa Form - Visit Dates

Post by Gnanasekar » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Based on my experience the visit dates I have entered is always two-four weeks after the application date. I believe you can apply in advance in preparation of travel but mind you the visa start date is more likely to be the date you asked for.

My visitors have not traveled the exact date as they pick the dates based on air-line ticket availability so it falls around the previously mentioned dates.

kmb786
Newly Registered

Post by kmb786 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:16 am

Thank you for this information - so for example, if my application date is 16 June, can I put down 16 July as Date of travel? bearing in mind that she also has to attend the visa centre to submit the application.

Thank you

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:32 pm

kmb786 wrote:Hi,

I am in the process of applying for my mother in law's visit visa from Pakistan.

One of the questions on the form ask her what date she plans to come to the UK and on what date will she leave. I read somewhere, that the date to enter the UK should be at least three months after the application date - is this true? If it is, will she be able to enter the UK before the date that she has entered on the application - i.e less than three months assuming she gets a reply from ECO less than three months?

Thank you.
That's incorrect

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.

Example
You can apply from 16 March if you plan to travel on 15 June.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Post by Gnanasekar » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:52 am

kmb786 wrote:Thank you for this information - so for example, if my application date is 16 June, can I put down 16 July as Date of travel? bearing in mind that she also has to attend the visa centre to submit the application.

Thank you
Yes that roughly gives the time for visa processing.