ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I be worried!??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mr_Columbus
Newly Registered

Should I be worried!??

Post by Mr_Columbus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice please.

I applied for my Naturalisation in mid March and out of curiosity yesterday I went onto the Gov.uk website to check on the application status, and to my surprise it was 'Decided' with the following footnotes:

"***DECIDED***

Application status updated on 31 May 2017.

What does this mean?

The decision has been posted to you. You should receive this within 10 working days. We cannot discuss this decision online or by phone.

The order of the status is Open, Awaiting a decision and Decided.

If you don't receive your decision within 10 working days, you can  phone us and we will look into this for you."

Doing the maths from the status updated date it means that 10 working days has now elapsed but I still haven't received my decision letter. I then called the UK Visas & Immigration contact centre who then raised a referral request for assistance, and this morning I received the following email:

"Thank you for contacting UKVI contact centre. Unfortunately we are unable to process your referral as our records show that your application is still within the service standard."

I rang the contact centre back and they told me to ignore the email and someone will call me in the next 5 working days. I also rang my local Registry Office and they confirmed that they haven't received any correspondence from the Home Office regarding my application which was also done through their NCS and my citizenship ceremony to be held there if successful.

Should I be worried as neither myself not the designated Registry Office haven't received correspondence, which should've been sent out on 31/05/17 as per the Gov.uk site? And is there anywhere I can go/contact for further assistance, other than the UKVI contact centre who say they are unable to discuss over the phone?

sad.1

Re: Should I be worried!??

Post by sad.1 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi,
I believe that the site has glitch in it I can not see its accurate my status is DECIDED too since 5th of June and I haven't received anything as well one of the member here his status was updates DECIDED on 16th may then he started panicking calling here and there paid them around £30 for call charges but he received his letter on 9th June where jis letter was mentioning decided date was 31st may so i think we should not really rely on the online statuses.

Mr_Columbus
Newly Registered

Post by Mr_Columbus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:09 pm

sad.1 wrote:Hi,
I believe that the site has glitch in it I can not see its accurate my status is DECIDED too since 5th of June and I haven't received anything as well one of the member here his status was updates DECIDED on 16th may then he started panicking calling here and there paid them around £30 for call charges but he received his letter on 9th June where jis letter was mentioning decided date was 31st may so i think we should not really rely on the online statuses.
Thanks for the response, it's slightly reassuring. When I called the UKVI contact centre they too could see that a decision was made round about the same date on their systems and agreed that it's now outside the quoted 10 working days hence the referral request for assistance, and the email response was that it's still within the 6months SLA.

Surely there should be an escalation route if the contact centre systems show the same thing!??

sad.1

Post by sad.1 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:22 pm

There is always escalated route but what I'm trying to say the more we are going to run after them the more we are stressing ourselves I believe you should receive it by the weekend or not then start of next week. It always worked by letting them know that you haven't received your determination but you actually have to call them after every 1 day gap more like begging.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Mr_Columbus when did you apply exactly and when did you enroll biometrics? Might be nice of you to post your timeline in the March thread.

I don't think you should be worried at this time. Just because your application was decided on 31/05 does not mean it was sent out the very same day... Maybe it was posted on 10/06 or even later... Impossible to tell.

vicky8319
United Kingdom

Post by vicky8319 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Mr_Columbus wrote: Should I be worried as neither myself not the designated Registry Office haven't received correspondence, which should've been sent out on 31/05/17 as per the Gov.uk site? And is there anywhere I can go/contact for further assistance, other than the UKVI contact centre who say they are unable to discuss over the phone?
i believe my case is the same as your case :D. I think we should just chill out and not stress about this. Calling them multiple times will not speed up the process either. Keep following it up, may be once a week.

And fyi.. I applied in first week of March - i mean i applied even before you and i am yet to receive any letter of approval. :lol:
My online application status = Decided

Only god knows how this system works. Iam confident that your application is successful one of the main reasons being that the application being successful in the normal processing time lines (2 and half months to 4 months).

:D Make sure you share your joy here after your application is successful.

In any case, Just relax. Best of luck.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:20 pm

I would like to add from my own experience.

My application was decided on 16th May however when I receive the letter on 9th June (it was dated 30th May) so it can happen that some applicants don't receive within the 10 working day period as they may have not prepared the letter although application has been decided (this is what I think)

vicky8319
United Kingdom

Post by vicky8319 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:18 pm

I have received the letter from home office today. This is within the 10 working days period.
As i said earlier in a week or two - you should receive the letter. Or may be you have already received it.

All the very best.

Mr_Columbus
Newly Registered

Post by Mr_Columbus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:08 pm

vicky8319 wrote:I have received the letter from home office today. This is within the 10 working days period.
As i said earlier in a week or two - you should receive the letter. Or may be you have already received it.

All the very best.
Hi guys,

I am literally walking on the moon right now!!! Earlier today I received my decision letter (dated 03/06/17) telling me to call my local Registry Office, of which I did and was given a date over 3wks away. I moving over 200miles away next Wednesday to a different local authority so I asked what my options are, and as luck would have it I was told if I could make it in less than 20mins they could squeeze me in for a private ceremony.

I'm glad to announce, as of 14:39 today I am now the proud owner of a Naturalisation Certificate and my BRP card is in two pieces in the post 1st Class Recorded Delivery back to the Home Office!!!

It all feels so surreal right now, thank you all for the positive encouragement!

Mr_Columbus
Newly Registered

Post by Mr_Columbus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Mr_Columbus wrote:
vicky8319 wrote:I have received the letter from home office today. This is within the 10 working days period.

All the very best.
Hi guys,

I am literally walking on the moon right now!!! Earlier today I received my decision letter (dated 03/06/17) telling me to call my local Registry Office, of which I did and was given a date over 3wks away. I moving over 200miles away next Wednesday to a different local authority so I asked what my options are, and as luck would have it I was told if I could make it in less than 20mins they could squeeze me in for a private ceremony.

I'm glad to announce, as of 14:39 today I am now the proud owner of a Naturalisation Certificate and my BRP card is in two pieces in the post 1st Class Recorded Delivery back to the Home Office!!!

It all feels so surreal right now, thank you all for the positive encouragement!
Just to add on, I've just called the HM Passport Office to let them know I will be moving next week Wednesday as I made a joint application via NCS and was advised that my passport will automatically be sent out in the post within the next 20 working days. The person I spoke to was adamant that this is not the case and that all first time applicants are required by law to attend an interview for a passport.

I was a few words short of a full blown arguement with him, but won't let him ruin my mood! Was he correct, and was I misinformed by the NCS??

vicky8319
United Kingdom

Post by vicky8319 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:58 am

Mr_Columbus wrote: It all feels so surreal right now, thank you all for the positive encouragement!
No worries, all the best.
Mr_Columbus wrote: my BRP card is in two pieces in the post 1st Class Recorded Delivery back to the Home Office!!!
Should it not be 4 pieces (as per home office website ? :P :P