ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Care Vouchers

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baskey

Child Care Vouchers

Post by baskey » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:22 pm

I am under HSMP visa. My employer recently introducing child care vouchers schemes. But I want to know whether child care voucher will be considered as public benefit or not.

I checked list of public funds for visa holders and I couldn't find in the list. However I think, child tax credit is part of public fund and child vouchers are linked with child tax credit. Am I correct?

Any opinion please?

Thanks,

Regards,

Baskey

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:07 pm

As I remember Child tax credit which is a public fund is different from child care voucher which is a benefit from your employer hence no problem in using that.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Child Care Vouchers

Post by Chess » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:37 pm

baskey wrote:I am under HSMP visa. My employer recently introducing child care vouchers schemes. But I want to know whether child care voucher will be considered as public benefit or not.

I checked list of public funds for visa holders and I couldn't find in the list. However I think, child tax credit is part of public fund and child vouchers are linked with child tax credit. Am I correct?

Any opinion please?

Thanks,

Regards,

Baskey
Please note that for the purposes of renewal your gross income will be the 'reference pay less the child care vouchers'!!
Where there is a will there is a way.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Re: Child Care Vouchers

Post by gainvidya » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:56 pm

Chess wrote:
baskey wrote:I am under HSMP visa. My employer recently introducing child care vouchers schemes. But I want to know whether child care voucher will be considered as public benefit or not.

Any opinion please?

Thanks,

Regards,

Baskey
Please note that for the purposes of renewal your gross income will be the 'reference pay less the child care vouchers'!!
Hi Chess, Where do you get this information from?

The reason I am asking is I pay charity from my gross pay regularly which reduces my taxable income and it looks quite relevant.

PASS

Post by PASS » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Chess is right,

Most employers deduct the amount of childcare vouchers before tax.

+ve income tax will be reduced
-ve you pay slightly lower NI contribution, hence, you will get propostionally reduced second pension

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:35 pm

I was concerned of if this is effecting the (HSMP I beleive he said)) renewal in anyways as Chess suggests.

Parry08
Newly Registered

Child Care Voucher Public Funds

Post by Parry08 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi,

I am not sure if using it constitute as a Public Funds.

Basically it is not a money given by the government.

As per http://www.payingforchildcare.org.uk/ch ... #vouchers.
“Employers can choose whether they run a scheme with the help of a childcare voucher company, or run it themselves. If your employer uses a company to run the scheme, they will either supply you directly with your childcare vouchers or will provide your employer with them, which they will then distribute to youâ€

valsad
India

Post by valsad » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Childcare vouchers is a benefit provided via your employer and is not paid by government even though you pay income tax after deducting childcare vouchers amount. This is completely different to child benefit and child tax credit (which are classed as public funds) hence childcare vouchers are not public funds.

I am on HSMP and used childcare vouchers for few months till my son stopped using childminder service.

Parry08
Newly Registered

Post by Parry08 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks valsad.

Did you extended your HSMP after using Child Voucher Or do you know anybody who has done it after using Child Care Voucher?

Your response is very helpful. I have also read the defination of Public Funds from Home Office web site. It is mentioned that it is difficult to get a Public funds. In case of Child Voucher, it is very easy if you employer is offering it.

Parry

valsad
India

Post by valsad » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:43 am

I am going to apply for my ILR next month and sorry I don't know anybody with childcare vouchers who applied.

takearun
Newly Registered

Childcare vouchers

Post by takearun » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi Valsad,

Did you manage to get your ILR with out any issues having used childcare vouchers before?

Thanks,
Arun

takearun
Newly Registered

Childcare vouchers

Post by takearun » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi All,

In a private message Valsad did confirm that ILR was obtained without any issues, even after using Childcare vouchers.

Thank you Valsad.

Thanks,
Arun

TTOE

Re: Childcare vouchers

Post by TTOE » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:39 am

takearun wrote:Hi All,

In a private message Valsad did confirm that ILR was obtained without any issues, even after using Childcare vouchers.

Thank you Valsad.

Thanks,
Arun

FYI
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... are#318713