ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

options for settling in eu.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leelaa
Newly Registered

options for settling in eu.

Post by leelaa » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:50 pm

Hello,
I have a bit of a confusing situation and am just wondering what my options are:

I am from the uk, my b/f is from canada and has a 6 month working holiday visa for italy, i am going with him.

as a citizen of the eu, i understand that once i get to italy i can work and live there (after i visit the police station to file my papers).

My b/f and i have lived together in canada for 8 months (i overstayed my visitors visa in canada by 3 months) i am not sure if i am banned from canada because of this...if so, our only option is to settle in the eu.

We want to settle in Italy or France, however it is almost impossible for people without a degree to obtain a europian work permit, also we would like a visa based on our relationship, e.g. an unmarried partner visa..etc

is there any way at all he could settle with me in one of these counties. We dont want to go back to the uk (as i understand it, there is a 2 yr working holiday program in the uk) but we dont want to go there.

Could i sponsor him in italy or france, is our only option to get married? if so, can you get married on a visitors visa in the eu?

I'm pretty confused, i'd just like to know what my options are.

Please help?..

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:03 am

Before anyone else wastes their time writing advice for you they should click

http://www.immigrationboards.com/search ... hor=leelaa

and read your previous posts. You've been advised about this, at length, and taken none of it in and done no research, today you even asked what Directive 2004/38/EC is!
--
Mark Y-M
London

leelaa
Newly Registered

Post by leelaa » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:39 pm

excuse me, thats actually very mean and immature. I am trying to understand what to do and trying to ask for a little bit of help, isnt that what message boards are for?

Nobody is obligated to reply or even read my message, i am simply asking if anyone has any advie on my issue which i havent resolved. You dont need to be rude.

i appriciate the advice of the people who answred me before, however i dont have nor can i find the information i need at the present time, so i am just asking for help from anywhere.

Again, no one has to reply or read the message, it dosent affect you if anyone wants to ask a question, and therefore i think your comment is uncalled for, and very rude.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:59 pm

But the question remains - why are you asking again the broad question?

Maybe you should consider being a little more specific in your question, taking into account the responses to your previous postings.

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:12 pm

leelaa wrote:Nobody is obligated to reply or even read my message, i am simply asking if anyone has any advie on my issue which i havent resolved. You dont need to be rude.
You haven't 'resolved' it because you haven't put any visible effort into it.

I don't care if you think that is rude, I am merely saving people time. Everyone here that offers advice does it because it is a subject they are interested in, they do it for free.

People like you, that repeatedly come here and ask the same vague, hand-waving questions over and over again, waste our time - and given that even a volunteer's time is a finite resource you also risk depriving other people who are in need of advice.

You've already been given a lot of advice, and pointers to the information you want. If you have the intention of moving to another country you HAVE to get your head round these things yourself, do your own research and become your own expert. Otherwise you will, in the end, be wasting your own time too.
--
Mark Y-M
London