ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision decided!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gphipps94
Newly Registered

Decision decided!

Post by gphipps94 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:53 pm

The online tracker says Decision Decided, updated on June 12th. But no email through or passport?
Sorry if there is already a thread on this but I'm really anxious/excited!
What does this mean exactly?
Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Decision decided!

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:57 pm

It means what is says. You will have to wait for notification for passport collection to find out if approved or refused, of the online tracker, which is only a trial service, is accurate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gphipps94
Newly Registered

Post by gphipps94 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:03 pm

So does that mean the passport has been sent back to my fiancé in the USA and the passport will have the decision within it?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Yes, that is how the system is supposed to work. You only find out when you open the envelope with the passport in it.

Has your fiance received any notifictation to collect the passport?

Would be interesting if you would share your timeline and whether you applied priorirty?

e.g. Application date, biometrics, docs submitted etc.

Good luck
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

gphipps94
Newly Registered

Post by gphipps94 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Okay awesome!
What do you mean to collect her passport? I was told it will be sent directly to her in Texas by my lawyer via UPS.

And yes when I get home from work I will get all the dates and let you know :)

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Normally your partner would receive some notification to collect their passport from the Global Partner application centre. Obviously slightly different in your case so just ignore.

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.