ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spent half of my life in Uk but over 25

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Uk2004
Newly Registered

Spent half of my life in Uk but over 25

Post by Uk2004 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:46 am

Hello guys,

I came to UK in visit visa with my family at age of 13. Now im 26 and I have spent half of my life here. I went to school and college here and studied hard to get good results. I wanted to study in University but due to my immigration status I could not pursue my education further(I was accepted in Westminster uni) . As I was under age, coming here was not my decision. :(

Now i wish to know how could I regularise my status here. I am aware about the 20 years residencey rule however, am i eligible to apply under following rule : 276ADE(i)

(vi) is aged 18 year or above, has lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years (discounting any period of imprisonment) but has no tied (including social, cultural or family) with the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK.

My immediate family (parents) are here, other than that I have no close ties in back home.

Please advise.

Thanks

Uk2004
Newly Registered

FLR(FP) SPENT HALF OF MY LIFE IN UK AND OVER 25.

Post by Uk2004 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:59 am

Hello guys, 

I came to UK in visit visa with my family at age of 13. Now im 26 and I have spent half of my life here. I went to school and college here and studied hard to get good results. I wanted to study in University but due to my immigration status I could not pursue my education further(I was accepted in Westminster uni) . As I was under age, coming here was not my decision.  

Could anyone please tell me how could I regularise my status here?

I am aware about the 20 years residencey rule however, am i eligible to apply under following rule : 276ADE(i)?

"(vi) is aged 18 year or above, has lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years (discounting any period of imprisonment) but has no tied (including social, cultural or family) with the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK.'

My immediate family (parents) are here, other than that I have no close ties in back home. 

Please advise. 

Thanks

fatima-ahmed

Re: Spent half of my life in Uk but over 25

Post by fatima-ahmed » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:02 am

hi,
i just saw your post. What i understood from it is that you have overstayed you visit visa? right??
so, what are you going to do now??? Are you doing and job?
are there any rules in UK where you can become legal citizen?
thanks
regards
fatima

Uk2004
Newly Registered

Post by Uk2004 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:09 am

fatima-ahmed wrote:hi,
i just saw your post. What i understood from it is that you have overstayed you visit visa? right??
so, what are you going to do now??? Are you doing and job?
are there any rules in UK where you can become legal citizen?
thanks
regards
fatima
Yes I am currently overstayer. I am just seeking information here how can I become legal here. Sorry to say I don't think you have understood my post clearly. Thanks anyway.

London2001
Newly Registered

Post by London2001 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi poster,

Any updates on this? I'm in a similar situation as well and will like to know the outcome

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:09 pm

London2001 wrote:Hi poster,

Any updates on this? I'm in a similar situation as well and will like to know the outcome

Thanks
The member only posted their question 3 days ago. Hardly a chance of any update.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Uk2004
Newly Registered

Post by Uk2004 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:11 pm

London2001 wrote:Hi poster,

Thanks
Hi London2001, I already posted a comment in your post - Discretionary leave to remain. Have a look.

Thanks

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:16 am

Are your parents also overstayers? I mean your situation requires a good Solicitor given that overstayers have no rights to stay in the UK and will have to leave the UK and to submit an application for a new Visa from outside. You also might be challenged at the Borders because of being in breach of your Visit Visa.