ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer afraid to leave for fear of arrest @ exit check

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rawgirl
Newly Registered

Post by rawgirl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:31 am

Smaller airports would mean less chance of getting caught - Avoid all London Airports if possible - Edinburgh, Glasgow Prestwick being good

what about leeds/bradford or manchester?

thanks

frances2

Post by frances2 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:11 am

rawgirl wrote:Smaller airports would mean less chance of getting caught - Avoid all London Airports if possible - Edinburgh, Glasgow Prestwick being good

what about leeds/bradford or manchester?

thanks
Manchester is the third largest airport in the UK (out of about 50). Amazing really seen as it's not in London. Can you believe it!

a12345
BANNED

Post by a12345 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:27 pm

gamma911 wrote:
fatal wrote:I need to know about these exit checks. This will help me decide what to do (which airport to leave from if I leave). As it stands my options looks like this:

a) go at any airport and risk arrest and detention centre...

b) Stay and hold out for status granted on the basis of long term (14 years).
I have been here for 10 years (8 of them legal) and I didn't want to stay another 4 illegally but I will rather do that than live in a detention centre.

Staying in a detention centre is my worst nightmare that I am determined to avoid that at any cost.
Smaller airports would mean less chance of getting caught - Avoid all London Airports if possible - Edinburgh, Glasgow Prestwick, or International being good

what about Manchester and Birmingham ??????? tell me any smaller one in the midlands or southeast regions .....thanks very much

rawgirl
Newly Registered

Post by rawgirl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:34 pm

and leeds/bradford?!!?

thanks[/quote]

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:00 pm

frances2 wrote:
missbenz5474 wrote:I went to Jamaica from Manchester and they stopped me and I am white
Oh right!
As I went through immigration, just after security @ Manchester, the only people who the I saw the immigration officers pick out were black. But I suppose I was only in this area for about 5 minutes. But considering the majority of people going through the airport were white, it stuck out in my mind.
Most overstayers are black or Asian-sad but true..

Whites don`t overstay because most predominantly white countries, even crappy ones like Bulgaria and Romania, have been incorporated into the EU or allow visa free travel to the UK. Given the circumstances, any Immigration Officer stopping white passengers at the exit would either have to be 1) plain stupid or 2) blindly following Nulab's diktat on political correctness

PS: I have travelled out of Heathrow on many occasions in recent months and I have found that most passengers are checked at the exit, regardless of their skin colour..

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:37 pm

I have to say that in recent times when I have been stopped for a passport check on leaving the UK, it has just been a question of everyone standing in a queue and everyone having his or her passport checked in turn - I've never seen any selecting of a few passengers only.

petkanov

I have never been checked

Post by petkanov » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:00 pm

I am from Bulgaria, and fly very often, and I have never been check on exit from IO. I don't even use passport and use my id card. To the poster above that said that Bulgaria and Romania are crappy, please go visit before you make statements like that. Since Bulgaria joined the EU, 30000 people moved to the UK, and there are about 10000 Brits that moved to Bulgaria. Now tell me,

Bulgaria population: 7.5 milion send 30000
UK population over 50 mil send 10000.

Looks like brits are immigrating a lot more to bg,, than bulgarians to uk. IF bulgaria was crappy, that wouldn't be the case would it?

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: I have never been checked

Post by tasha75 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:25 pm

petkanov wrote: Bulgaria population: 7.5 milion send 30000
Looks like brits are immigrating a lot more to bg,, than bulgarians to uk.
How come?
Bulgarians - 30000 out of 7.5 millions is 0.4%, while British - 10000 out of 50 millions is 0.02%. So, 20 times more of Bulgarians are moving to the UK, then British people moving to the Bulgaria.
Do not live your life in fear.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:34 pm

petkanov wrote:I am from Bulgaria, and fly very often, and I have never been check on exit from IO. I don't even use passport and use my id card. To the poster above that said that Bulgaria and Romania are crappy, please go visit before you make statements like that. Since Bulgaria joined the EU, 30000 people moved to the UK, and there are about 10000 Brits that moved to Bulgaria. Now tell me,

Bulgaria population: 7.5 milion send 30000

Looks like brits are immigrating a lot more to bg,, than bulgarians to uk. IF bulgaria was crappy, that wouldn't be the case would it?
I am sorry if my post offended you but my comment was not directed at people from Bulgaria or Romania but at the state of the Bulgarian/Romanian economies and the quality of life in those countries in general..

If you check the recently released figures from 2007, you`ll notice that GDP per capita in PPP terms of Bulgaria and Romania are significantly lower than that of even a country like Russia, which is considered 'impoverished'

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... .html#Econ

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:05 pm

petkanov wrote:Bulgaria population: 7.5 milion send 30000

The UK's population is over 60 million, and supassed the 60m mark sometime in 2006.