ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bittu11
Mood:
India

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by bittu11 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:07 am

tarunmsn1981 wrote:Hi All,

I have completed my wait of 26 weeks today. The HO will continure in sleep mode unless we take some action and put pressure. If we sit like this I am sure will never get any outcome even end of 2017.Is it possible for all us who were waiting for more than 24 weeks get togather at one point either in london or manchester, discuss and meet local MP or any senior/higher authorities, seriously request them to push this forward?

Also I am unable to send private/personal msgs to this forum users. When I tried to send personal/private msg its saying I am not authorised to send private msg. What should I need do if i want send private messages to forum users :?: Pls advise me on this

We can't suffer like that, we need to expose their unproffesionalism and extortion.
Yes we need to come together and put the pressure on govt.... we have been waiting for 23 weeks now. No update whatsoever.... just on hold email. They owe everybody an explanation on why their application on hold and how will it take them to clear it. Holding people's passport for 6 'months is nothing less than holding people at ransom.

hus7876
Newly Registered

Post by hus7876 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:12 am

I have completed my wait of 26 weeks today. The HO will continure in sleep mode unless we take some action and put pressure. If we sit like this I am sure will never get any outcome even end of 2017.Is it possible for all us who were waiting for more than 24 weeks get togather at one point either in london or manchester, discuss and meet local MP or any senior/higher authorities, seriously request them to push this forward?

Also I am unable to send private/personal msgs to this forum users. When I tried to send personal/private msg its saying I am not authorised to send private msg. What should I need do if i want send private messages to forum users :?: Pls advise me on this

We can't suffer like that, we need to expose their unproffesionalism and extortion.
we could get together, however most people on this forum are not sponsors and are the actual applicants, i highly suggest we all contact our local MP or ask your sponsors to do so, as this should increase pressure onto the Home Office, if this does not help, I then suggest a meet up to discuss this with a MP, but we do need to contact our MP's first.

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:16 am

Raj86 wrote:
bittu11 wrote:
Raj86 wrote:Has anyone got there visa???
Who also received the hold msg....
Just to get an idea.....
Hi Raj
Have u applied from Ahmedabad too?? And have u received the hold email
Hello bittu11 Yh I have Applied from Ahmedabad ...
Nd yh got a hold msg too Nd that's all no other msg from there
But I don't have any problems at allllll I mean no income problem or tax or child or anything so idk what to do
This is my 22nd week wbu???
We have also received on hold email... it's 23 weeks already! Have escalated case still no response.

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:22 am

Also has anybody applied after March 2017 received on hold email??? Coz so far what I see is the only people applied between December and March have their applications on hold.

Please guys if u can share ur timeline if applied after April.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:40 am

@tarunmsn

to use PM you need to get up to either 20 or 30 posts. Can't remember which it is.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:59 am

SimonS wrote:@tarunmsn

to use PM you need to get up to either 20 or 30 posts. Can't remember which it is.
Found it

1. No new member can use Private Messages facility until the member has made 30 posts (Refrain from making frivolous posts to increase post count to 30. Anyone resorting to this may have his PM functionality permanently disabled or forum membership revoked).
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

tarunmsn1981
BANNED

Post by tarunmsn1981 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:06 am

SimonS wrote:@tarunmsn

@SimonS - Thank you very much Simon. That means I need to post 20-30 posts. Much a appreciated.
Let say if i reply to 20-30 posts in existing threads, would that be suffice or should i post a genuine 20-30 new posts.

@All - Can someone please provide me Sheffield HO address? Monday(19th) I am planning to send a letter to them briefing all of our problems.
Last edited by tarunmsn1981 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:08 am

hi tarunmsn1981

u r right im also applican posting but we should not think that all sponsor from uk my husband from birmingham and we also waiting from march after hold email no reply and we all just wasting our money to sending emails and phone call to ukvi.
why we are waiting like u many people are waiting from 6 months.why we r waiting without any reason paying lot of money .
r we all of us mad why?????they doing this we need proper reason of our case.
so please all take step further to take action with help of mp and go direct in office
thanks i hope all of u understand it .

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:56 pm

HI EVERYONE.
I HAD APPLIED MY WIFE SPOUSE ON APRIL. AND I HAD REVIEW THE PEOPLE COMMENTS STILL WAITING FOR 6 MONTH THIS IS NOT FAIR . KNOW THEY START MAKING MONEY TO DO EMAIL WHAT THE HELL THIS . I WILL PRAY ALL PEOPLE THOSE STILL WAITING GET POSITIVE RESULT AND BE PATIENT THAT THE ONLY WAY WE COULD DO .
THANKS

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Everyone,

One person initiating PM won't work because how are you going to respond back?

And secondly, if we are all to get together and do something about this, it would make more sense than to individually try and keep spending our money on updates without getting anywhere. I have friends who are journalists and work at BBC, but the news media won't cover any of this unless they see at least a few people backing it.

Alternatively, we could all reach our solicitor and file for a "pre-action protocol for Judicial review". Google it and you will find out what it is. One a pre-action protocol has been initiated, the HO have to respond within 14 days or it goes to a judge.

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:06 pm

bittu11 wrote:Also has anybody applied after March 2017 received on hold email??? Coz so far what I see is the only people applied between December and March have their applications on hold.

Please guys if u can share ur timeline if applied after April.
Ihave received hold based on supreme court judgement mail in may

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi Guys,
I think, First point is to get an update from MP what exactly is there concern. Why UKVI think Min income requirement is not met. if they need any further evidence.I hope MP may be able to find this out for us. Once we find out. Try to resolve this issue by sending further evidence. But there is no guarantee even after knowing the issue they will consider further evidence and remove the hold. But may be worth trying.

If we file directly Pre Action Protocol. They may reject it and then we have to go to appeal which is 6 to 9 month process or may not reply at all then PRE Action protocol will be our last option, So that Judicial review can decide, which will be another 3 month process.

Any Thoughts?

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:38 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:Everyone,

And secondly, if we are all to get together and do something about this, it would make more sense than to individually try and keep spending our money on updates without getting anywhere. I have friends who are journalists and work at BBC, but the news media won't cover any of this unless they see at least a few people backing it.

Alternatively, we could all reach our solicitor and file for a "pre-action protocol for Judicial review". Google it and you will find out what it is. One a pre-action protocol has been initiated, the HO have to respond within 14 days or it goes to a judge.
Can u talk with u r friend about this situation may be he
Can give us advice on it
U r both ideas great but we have to spend more money
On solicitor to protocol file
We can see here ukvi not giving proper answer of MP letter
If we can reach through BBC that is also gud option

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:42 pm

frazy325 wrote:Hi Guys,
I think, First point is to get an update from MP what exactly is there concern. Why UKVI think Min income requirement is not met. if they need any further evidence.I hope MP may be able to find this out for us. Once we find out. Try to resolve this issue by sending further evidence. But there is no guarantee even after knowing the issue they will consider further evidence and remove the hold. But may be worth trying.

If we file directly Pre Action Protocol. They may reject it and then we have to go to appeal which is 6 to 9 month process or may not reply at all then PRE Action protocol will be our last option, So that Judicial review can decide, which will be another 3 month process.

Any Thoughts?
Hi frazy
U r idea also gud but thing is how can we start it
Can we xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx here

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:47 pm

hus7876 wrote:

I understand where you are coming from, however, My MP sent an email on the 22nd March and she has not received a reply back, if all of our MPs were to send emails it would increase pressure and they would have to send us all a reply, we can always have a meet, somewhere central, Like Birmingham or Manchester or even outside UKVI headquarters :D
Definitely hus
We need to fix date when all sponsor meet in front of ukvi office
So let see what happens next
Because they my giving answer any other
Like moshin Ali shall we sit and wait 28 weeks like he is waiting

hus7876
Newly Registered

Post by hus7876 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:55 pm

bham wrote:
hus7876 wrote:

I understand where you are coming from, however, My MP sent an email on the 22nd March and she has not received a reply back, if all of our MPs were to send emails it would increase pressure and they would have to send us all a reply, we can always have a meet, somewhere central, Like Birmingham or Manchester or even outside UKVI headquarters :D
Definitely hus
We need to fix date when all sponsor meet in front of ukvi office
So let see what happens next
Because they my giving answer any other
Like moshin Ali shall we sit and wait 28 weeks like he is waiting

Brilliant, to organise this, we first have to seek permission from the moderators to allow us to share contact information or Facebook ID's

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 pm

All,

you cannot share contact details on here and I doubt a twitter/facebook/instagram link would be approved by the moderators.

I also agree with several who have commented that you are more powerful as a group than as individuals. Also as others have commented, a solicitor is expensive.

Having checked, I do not think it contravenes the board rules to share the name of your MP. I apologise to moderators if it does.

Just a suggestion,

1) Share MP name
2) Draft a common letter here
3) Indicate in letter that you are not in isolation and that this letter is going from others in the same situation to their respective MP
4) List the MPs in the letter
5) All send to your individual MP on exactly the same day and time

This would then be a perfect letter to send on to the media later if you so choose as all the MPs are named and cannot say they did not receive it.

Kind regards
Simon

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:16 pm

SimonS wrote:All,

you cannot share contact details on here and I doubt a twitter/facebook/instagram link would be approved by the moderators.

I also agree with several who have commented that you are more powerful as a group than as individuals. Also as others have commented, a solicitor is expensive.

Having checked, I do not think it contravenes the board rules to share the name of your MP. I apologise to moderators if it does.

Just a suggestion,

1) Share MP name
2) Draft a common letter here
3) Indicate in letter that you are not in isolation and that this letter is going from others in the same situation to their respective MP
4) List the MPs in the letter
5) All send to your individual MP on exactly the same day and time

This would then be a perfect letter to send on to the media later if you so choose as all the MPs are named and cannot say they did not receive it.

Kind regards
Simon
Hi Simon
Could u write it that letter which include all about hold
Email and how many people are suffering then if u share link
Here we all can send our local MP's
Just tell a date to all what day need to send thnx

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi bham,

If everybody is happy with that course of action and agreed that they would like me to prepare a draft it would be a privilige to do it. I could have a general draft template on here tomorrow at some stage for you to review and decide if you are ok with it. You could then edit for your own specific circumstances.

Kind regards
Simon

hus7876
Newly Registered

Post by hus7876 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:33 pm

SimonS wrote:Hi bham,

If everybody is happy with that course of action and agreed that they would like me to prepare a draft it would be a privilige to do it. I could have a general draft template on here tomorrow at some stage for you to review and decide if you are ok with it. You could then edit for your own specific circumstances.

Kind regards
Simon

Thats great, please note sponsors should be the ones who said out the emails, so all applicants on this thread, please get your sponsors to send out this Email.

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Kind regards
Simon
Great simon
I hope all other will join us to do that for their patner
I want to ask shall sponsors need to send by email to
MP or letter.
You just ready it when u can and share link
And next week all we try to send it
God will help us to find out something this mysterious situation

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Kind regards
Simon

Hi Simon, I think that it's a great idea and totally support it. As soon as everyone replies they're ok with it, we can all give the MPs names so we can edit on our own letter and set out a date for our sponsors to send it to their local MPs.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Kind regards
Simon
Hi Simon
please do quote within the draft that people paid for priority applications and above 18600 threshold and also domt have any child , still they are put on hold ?
Regards

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Everybody has made valid points and I will ensure to include them and explain which is the body text and which is the editable text when I share the draft once everybody has acknowledged agreement.

It needs to be sent by the sponsors. The link that was previously shared

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

provides the email address of your sponsors MP and how to find if they are not sure. We will send by email as it is quicker.

I should point out that this is not necessarily a panacea. However, a coordinated action will stand out and create momentum. I think it is momentum that will generate some pressure and hopefully get a more detailed response for everybody. The important thing is the MP's will recognise this is coordinated and not isolated individuals.

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:42 pm

I'm the sponsor and I'm in the north east of England. My partner applied in April, did his interview may 5th and recieved the Supreme Court on hold email may 18th. I've had nothing since. Yesterday I paid (begrudgingly) for an email and I got an almost instant response saying "your application has been considered and a decision is awaited". In the meantime, I emailed my local MP. His senior administrator contacted me today. She asked for all the details of the application so she can contact the HO directly to investigate the hold. I think it's a great idea all the sponsors contact their local MP. I've only been waiting 6 weeks, so I really feel for all you guys who've been waiting 6 months. I think it's disgusting that they're treating us all like this. Anyway, if I get any updates from my enquiry I'll let you all know