ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement - FLR (m) - Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vickycoolest83
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement - FLR (m) - Extension

Post by vickycoolest83 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi,

I need to apply for the visa extension for my wife under 5 year route flr(m) category. In her first application under flr (m) she had submitted english language certificate level A1. I understand that the requirement is changed and she needs to pass A2 level english language. I have couple of questions to clarify in order to save money on these extensions in the future;

1. Can she pass level B1 english language test as it is a higher level than A2 and would that be acceptable by Home Office? and

2. Can she use B1 english language test certificate in her indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) application after 2 year and 6 months of her extension? I understand that the test certificate is valid for 2 years only

mb7891

Re: English Language Requirement - FLR (m) - Extension

Post by mb7891 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Yes B1 Test can be taken has it exceeds the A2 requirement , but it needs to be on approved home office list.

Below is the information from home office website regarding using a B1 qualification that has run out

Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter