ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spanish eu spouse visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Neelam81
Newly Registered

spanish eu spouse visa

Post by Neelam81 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi i am a uk citizen and my huband has a indian passport but he has settlement in the UK and thats what his residence permit say's i am very confused on what type of visa to apply for as the spanish website states the following
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to Real Decreto 240/2007, 16 February, Family members of an EU/EEA National in possession of a valid 1*UK Residence Permit / 2* British Residence Permit card are not required of a visa to enter Spain if traveling with or intending to join the EEA family member. If the person travels without the family member, they would be required to apply under the Tourist visa category and provide all of the required documentation for the same, and would be required to pay the visa fee in addition to the service charge. Please note that the UK Residence Permit/BRP card must state the exact following wording
1* “Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA/EU National”2 * “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”
as he's a spouse of a eu national should i apply for eu spouse visa or tourist?

please help i'm very confused

Thanks in advance x

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: spanish eu spouse visa

Post by gokulatti » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:33 am

The permit he has is not a EEA family permit. He has to apply for a normal schengen visa under the directive if he is travelling with you or joining you to spain. Under the directive, It should be free of charge and he doesn't have to fill in the details marked * in the schengen application form.

Neelam81
Newly Registered

Post by Neelam81 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:46 am

What is meant by normal visa?? The options are eu spouse or tourist, I have spoken with the firm I will be submitting my forms and they have said it's a Eu spouse, however the website doesn't state clearly

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:37 am

Normal as in "Standard" http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados ... -%20EN.pdf

It is the same standard form for not just eea but also business, tourism etc. You just need to fill/not fill in the details which doesn't suit your case.

Neelam81
Newly Registered

Post by Neelam81 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:50 am

Thank you very much I do understand what you are saying about the form,however the supporting documents will vary, so I guess my question should be what supporting documents should I supply, thanks again your your help so far really do appreciate it

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:31 am

1.you need to show that he is your spouse- Marriage certificate (some member state ask for legalized marriage certificate, if the marriage cert is from India, then it should be apostiled by ministry of external affairs of India, mandatory)
2.you need to prove he is travelling/joining with you- proof of travel plans for the both of you
3.Your European health insurance should cover your temporary stay in Spain.
1. and 2. is mandatory give 3 if you have the EHIC

Anything that you did not fill in because it has * you are not obliged to give them proof of it. Hope you get it sorted. All the best.

Neelam81
Newly Registered

Post by Neelam81 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:50 am

Honestly I can't thank you enough you have really given me peace of mind that I have got the correct documents, I was panicking as the appointment is this week, thank you again and I wish I every happiness in life x