ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pixelrage09
India

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi Simon,

Thank you for undertaking this! I'm in and im sure everyone here who's been away from their spouse for so long would also be in.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:22 pm

I have already contact my local mp
He ask me to confirm that application was on hold
So I Sent him a picture of my email which ukvi sent me....
Now just waiting for his reply

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 pm

SimonS wrote:Hi bham,

If everybody is happy with that course of action and agreed that they would like me to prepare a draft it would be a privilige to do it. I could have a general draft template on here tomorrow at some stage for you to review and decide if you are ok with it. You could then edit for your own specific circumstances.

Kind regards
Simon
Hi Simon
Thank u very much for doing this. I live in London and m the sponsor will defiantly take it on.

I also suggest if we can post the same letter to newspapers even the ones in ur own languages so they can also publish it too... we should try to create as much awareness we can.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:54 pm

I'm also in , lets work for it together everyone!

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Untraceable wrote:
qwerty85 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:@qwerty85

Congratulations on the decision! Hopefully visa is granted. And please keep us updated on the outcome.

All the best :)

Still no email or contact regarding my "decided" application.

Just checked the application status again, still says decided but the 'date updated' has changed from 24th May to 10th June. I dont even know whether its just an update or the application was only just decided on 10th June.

I have paid the 5 odd quid and sent an email demanding answers as to what exactly the status is.

Ill keep you updated.
That's a promising sign, next step is the "official" decided email from the embassy confirming a decision has been made
That's a promising sign, next step is the "official" decided email from the embassy confirming a decision has been made[/quote]

Finally got a decided email from sheffield on 14th June '17, today 16th June '17 email from TLS confirming decision made and passport ready for collection. VISA GRANTED. thank the lord!

I may not have received the 'on hold' or 'supreme court' email but from what I have been reading its definitely spot on regarding overload in applications. My application was received 28th Feb, supporting documents 13th March - a straight forward app that only till 14th June i got an email. funny enough the email i paid for last friday also only responded today (5 days). (generic email - dont waste money calling them for £20 or emailing for £5 odd quid - its a waste.)

The hold-on and supreme court crew hang in there, clearly now applications have started getting through the process. They waited till the 3 months had expired before completing mine so if they give 24 weeks for applications like yours I hope and pray that those waiting since December will be getting some feedback real soon.

Stay positive and good luck.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 pm

qwerty85 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:
qwerty85 wrote:

Congratulations on the decision! Hopefully visa is granted. And please keep us updated on the outcome.

Just checked the application status again, still says decided but the 'date updated' has changed from 24th May to 10th June. I dont even know whether its just an update or the application was only just decided on 10th June.

I have paid the 5 odd quid and sent an email demanding answers as to what exactly the status is.

Ill keep you updated.
That's a promising sign, next step is the "official" decided email from the embassy confirming a decision has been made

Finally got a decided email from sheffield on 14th June '17, today 16th June '17 email from TLS confirming decision made and passport ready for collection. VISA GRANTED. thank the lord!

I may not have received the 'on hold' or 'supreme court' email but from what I have been reading its definitely spot on regarding overload in applications. My application was received 28th Feb, supporting documents 13th March - a straight forward app that only till 14th June i got an email. funny enough the email i paid for last friday also only responded today (5 days). (generic email - dont waste money calling them for £20 or emailing for £5 odd quid - its a waste.)

The hold-on and supreme court crew hang in there, clearly now applications have started getting through the process. They waited till the 3 months had expired before completing mine so if they give 24 weeks for applications like yours I hope and pray that those waiting since December will be getting some feedback real soon.

Stay positive and good luck.[/quote]

Querty its def a good sign, but heart is at no peace untill unless someone from the OnHold Supreme court email get his/her application concluded, cause once an On Hold person gets their Application concluded that means hold has been put off

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:28 pm

qwerty85 wrote: Finally got a decided email from sheffield on 14th June '17, today 16th June '17 email from TLS confirming decision made and passport ready for collection. VISA GRANTED. thank the lord!

Stay positive and good luck.
Congrats qwerty85!

Just curious, did you ever receive any "case not straightforward" emails? Or did you get a "awaiting a decision" email when doing status checks?

All the best to you and your partner!

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:16 am

Hi guys this is the reason why the home office is putting certain cases on hold not to worry anyone but if you look at this link it will explain abit better.the reason why they are putting applications on hold is because the application falls under the refusal catagory and because of the judgment on 22 feb 2017 the must review all those applications specefically the applications which involves children not sure if this will help anyone or put a downer but this is whats going on.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sponse.pdf

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:56 am

Ill keep you updated.[/quote]

That's a promising sign, next step is the "official" decided email from the embassy confirming a decision has been made[/quote]

Querty its def a good sign, but heart is at no peace untill unless someone from the OnHold Supreme court email get his/her application concluded, cause once an On Hold person gets their Application concluded that means hold has been put off[/quote]
Yes u r right they just giving visa in time limit to those
Whos didn't receive any hold email
But all hold application still hold no one got their visa
If anyone of us hold applicant will get visa then this process
Will start for all because some are waiting from December

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:01 am

Raj86 wrote:I have already contact my local mp

Hi Raj

Hope u will get his news
Please let us know about this
U r waiting from December other all behind u
So if u will get a gud news then it ll be great for all
Otherwise we all need to take some serious step
How long we will live away from partners

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:51 am

bham wrote:

Hi Raj

Hope u will get his news

Yh sure I will let everyone know
This is my 23rd week now ..... but looks like evergone is getting get there visa now (slowly slowly) so fingers cross
The only thing I am not sure about is who ever got the hold msg 22nd Feb one.... did they get there visa ???

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:52 am

bham wrote:

Hi Raj

Hope u will get his news
no Raj anyone on hold didn't get visa
Because ukvi didn't off this hold
When they do it then everyone will get their visas
Some hold applicant check their status
And their application status show is active
This means might be ukvi put off on hold on their
Applications and they will get some reply soon
But my status show not recognize
Did u check u r status

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:37 am

bham wrote:
bham wrote:

Hi Raj

Hope u will get his news
no Raj anyone on hold didn't get visa
Because ukvi didn't off this hold
When they do it then everyone will get their visas
Some hold applicant check their status
And their application status show is active
This means might be ukvi put off on hold on their
Applications and they will get some reply soon
But my status show not recognize
Did u check u r status

Same here shows not recognise....
So idk what's happening ..... when did you apply?? Nd from where ???

I am just waiting for my mp to reply so I will let u know ....

tarunmsn1981
BANNED

Post by tarunmsn1981 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:40 pm

SimonS wrote:Everybody has made valid points and I will ensure to include them and explain which is the body text and which is the editable text when I share the draft once everybody has acknowledged agreement.

It needs to be sent by the sponsors. The link that was previously shared

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

provides the email address of your sponsors MP and how to find if they are not sure. We will send by email as it is quicker..
Hi Simon,
Millions of thanks. Much appreciated. :P I could not able to read all posts here as i need to leave to work. But if you need my help and contribution I will definitely do my part. Will go thru all posts after back from work. Once again thank you very much.
Regards
tarun

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:31 pm

qwerty85 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:
qwerty85 wrote:

Ill keep you updated.

Congratulations mate. My wife submitted her application on 17th April. Still waiting a decision.

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:26 pm

qwerty85 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:
qwerty85 wrote:

Ill keep you updated.

Wow! Lucky you! Mine was decided on 5th June and received email on 8th June that documents dispatched back to VFS but nothing since! Strange it's taking along time. It's Colombia and Brazil we are dealing with.... They say 10 working days from the day of email so I'll give it another week as stated. Congratulations on yours though.

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:09 pm

With me i didnt get no email regarding my visa application its all really confusing next week will be our 30 working days complete since we've gave our application my husband even opted for the sms service at the VFS centre but still they havent updated him with anything either

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Ish21 wrote:With me i didnt get no email regarding my visa application its all really confusing next week will be our 30 working days complete since we've gave our application my husband even opted for the sms service at the VFS centre but still they havent updated him with anything either
From recent timeline updates from other members, it seems that priority applications are taking 2-3 months. And non-priority are taking 4-6 months.

And others here that received the on-hold email having been waiting 6+ months, having applied all the way back in December 2016.

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:15 pm

I agree with pixlarge09

i have standard application and waiting from 10th of march

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:03 pm

But how come this year they'v been taking long on processing application last years 2016 were being processed withing 30days like the priority cases not sure about none priority

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:29 am

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share with you my experience so far with UKVI (I'm the sponsor and submitted the app on behalf of my wife who is in Pakistan). The app was standard and not a priority app.

Her biometrics appointment was on Monday 27 Feb at 1030 am. I sent all supporting documents to Sheffield on Friday 3 March and these were signed for on Monday 6 March. I sent 2 bundles so one originals bundle and one copy bundle - both were exactly the same. On Thursday 9 March I received all documents back (copies also) with a cover letter saying they've copied all the documents (no idea why they ask for copies from sponsors if that's the case).

On 17 May we received an email saying the case is not straightforward but then almost immediately after that email within a minute we got an email from an actual person who didn't state their full name (referred to themselves by initials) saying:

'We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no TB certificate has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant. Please send a TB certificate from a centre that has been approved by the UK Home Office. Please send this certificate as a scanned attachment within 5 working days to visasheffield quoting your application reference'.

We didn't include the TB test certificate because the actual certificate states:

'You must carry this certificate with you, in your hand luggage when you travel to the uk and present it to the immigration officer on arrival. Failure to do so will result in a delay to your journey as you maybe required to undergo the tests again'.

We sent a scanned copy on 18 May and exactly a month on we haven't heard anything. I sent an email (which I had to pay £5.48 for) and got a response after 5 days not 2 which said:

'Your application is 'AWAITING A DECISION' and it was last updated on the 17/05/2017.
Unfortunately I cannot see when a decision will be made or how long it will take'.

Not very helpful from UKVI.

I've reached out to my local MP who said the home office can take upto 21 days to respond to when it usually get back to MPs in about 10 days so we'll see what happens.

No issues with salary as this is almost double the requirement and no issues with accommodation either as I own my own 5 bedroom home.

An extremely frustrating situation for both of us as we're on working day 76 at close of business yesterday - I've notably been cranky the last couple of days and UKVI do not appear to be helping the situation.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:47 am

maibm wrote:Hi all,

Just thought I'd share with you my experience so far with UKVI (I'm the sponsor and submitted the app on behalf of my wife who is in Pakistan). The app was standard and not a priority app.

Her biometrics appointment was on Monday 27 Feb at 1030 am. I sent all supporting documents to Sheffield on Friday 3 March and these were signed for on Monday 6 March. I sent 2 bundles so one originals bundle and one copy bundle - both were exactly the same. On Thursday 9 March I received all documents back (copies also) with a cover letter saying they've copied all the documents (no idea why they ask for copies from sponsors if that's the case).

On 17 May we received an email saying the case is not straightforward but then almost immediately after that email within a minute we got an email from an actual person who didn't state their full name (referred to themselves by initials) saying:

'We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no TB certificate has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant. Please send a TB certificate from a centre that has been approved by the UK Home Office. Please send this certificate as a scanned attachment within 5 working days to visasheffield quoting your application reference'.

We didn't include the TB test certificate because the actual certificate states:

'You must carry this certificate with you, in your hand luggage when you travel to the uk and present it to the immigration officer on arrival. Failure to do so will result in a delay to your journey as you maybe required to undergo the tests again'.

We sent a scanned copy on 18 May and exactly a month on we haven't heard anything. I sent an email (which I had to pay £5.48 for) and got a response after 5 days not 2 which said:

'Your application is 'AWAITING A DECISION' and it was last updated on the 17/05/2017.
Unfortunately I cannot see when a decision will be made or how long it will take'.

Not very helpful from UKVI.

I've reached out to my local MP who said the home office can take upto 21 days to respond to when it usually get back to MPs in about 10 days so we'll see what happens.

No issues with salary as this is almost double the requirement and no issues with accommodation either as I own my own 5 bedroom home.

An extremely frustrating situation for both of us as we're on working day 76 at close of business yesterday - I've notably been cranky the last couple of days and UKVI do not appear to be helping the situation.
Hi Maibm,

I'm in the same situation as you. I got the "AWAITING A DECISION" since 10/05/2017 (so basically a week before you) and it's been on that status ever since.

I contacted my MP who called Home Office and they said that they will decide the application within 24 weeks (from the date of biometrics). We're already at 20 weeks so far, so I'm hoping I hear something within the next 4 weeks inshaallah.

Since we are so close on the date of 'awaiting a decision', we should probably get our decisions at the same time (more or less).

So do keep us updated on this thread and I will do the same if I get any new updates. :)

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:10 am

Hi All,

since there is a general consensus that some folks would appreciate a draft letter I provide the following

RE: UKV&I Issue - Spouse Settlement Visa Application - GWF 123456789

Dear your MP’s surname preceded Mr or Mr’s,

I write to you to ask for help with a Government office - UKV&I - that I do not believe is treating me with the correct or even acceptable service standards.

I married my wife/husband in month year and applied for Spouse Settlement Visa for him/her on --/--/--, Biometrics in country on --/--/--. I am a UK citizen from birth/hold ILR status and meet all of the criteria to sponsor his/her application and meet/exceed the minimum earning threshold with Basic Salary £xx pa and additional bonus at x% of basic if applicable.

The next paragraph is for those who paid priority

I paid the optional £551 for priority processing of the application. This service is marketed and sold on the basis that decision is made in 15 working days. On --/--/-- I contacted UKV&I to request an update on the application - x working days after Biometrics. I was advised that

Insert one of the following without the number or bold font and continue paragraph…..

1) the application had not even been assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer at that point
2) The application had been placed on hold without reason
3) The application had been placed on hold due to……(the reason)

For those that did not pay priority ignore above and continue here

I paid the fee required for processing of the application within the service agreement timeframe of x weeks. This service is provided on the basis that decision is made in x weeks. On --/--/-- I contacted UKV&I to request an update on the application - x working days after Biometrics. I was advised that

Insert one of the following without the number or bold font and continue paragraph…..

1) the application had not even been assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer at that point

Priority and none priority continue new paragraph from here

As of today, I still have not received any update - x weeks. Furthermore, my wife/husband and I have not been contacted by anybody at UKV&I to explain the specific details of the reason for the hold up and we have no idea what is happening with our application - x working days since Biometrics.

For those whose passport has been retained - SPONSOR

Aside from the distress of being apart from my wife/husband for over x weeks and with no idea when I might see him/her next, UKV&I also have custody of my passport.

All

At this point I would also like to share with you that I am not the only individual to find myself in this desperate situation. Several others I am aware of up and down the country are also experiencing the same difficulties. They too have today contacted their MP and the list of MPs’ who have been contacted in relation to this issue with UKV&I are as follows

1)
2) etc

I understand that you cannot in anyway influence the outcome of the application. However, I believe that you are able to make an enquiry direct to UKV&I and find out what is happening with my application and possibly escalate the process. I would be very grateful if would do this for me.

The application number is GWF 123456789
Applicant name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VAF number xxxxxx

I am the sponsor and my contact details are below and you are welcome to contact me at any time.

Kind regards

First name
Full name and title
Address

TEL: xxxxxxxxxx

I hope you find this useful and understand the formatting. Any questions, just ask. Feel free to add at the appropriate point any additional imformation you feel is pertinent to your situation.

Good Luck
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:05 am

pixelrage09 wrote:
maibm wrote:
Hi Maibm,

I'm in the same situation as you. I got the "AWAITING A DECISION" since 10/05/2017 (so basically a week before you) and it's been on that status ever since.

I contacted my MP who called Home Office and they said that they will decide the application within 24 weeks (from the date of biometrics). We're already at 20 weeks so far, so I'm hoping I hear something within the next 4 weeks inshaallah.

Since we are so close on the date of 'awaiting a decision', we should probably get our decisions at the same time (more or less).

So do keep us updated on this thread and I will do the same if I get any new updates. :)
Hi pixel,

Good to hear from you.

Just out of interest, did you get the application awaiting a decision email out of the blue or did you get in touch with ukvi via email/phone asking for an update and they then told you this is where they're at with it?

In shaa Allah I don't see there being any issues and hope all works out for you also. I really hope you're right when you say we're close with the awaiting a decision date. We should stay in touch.

Also just thought I'd mention, that link that works for some people doesn't work for me, keeps saying not recognised. Does it work for you?

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:50 am

SimonS wrote:Hi All,

since there is a general consensus that some folks would appreciate a draft letter I provide the following

RE: UKV&I Issue - Spouse Settlement Visa Application - GWF 123456789

Dear your MP’s surname preceded Mr or Mr’s,

I write to you to ask for help with a Government office - UKV&I - that I do not believe is treating me with the correct or even acceptable service standar

I married my wife/husband in month year and applied for Spouse Settlement Visa for him/her on --/--/--, Biometrics in country on --/--/--. I am a UK citizen from birth/hold ILR status and meet all of the criteria to sponsor his/her application and meet/exceed the minimum earning threshold with Basic Salary £xx pa and additional bonus at x% of basic if applicable.

The next paragraph is for those who paid priority

I paid the optional £551 for priority processing of the application. This service is marketed and sold on the basis that decision is made in 15 working days. On --/--/-- I contacted UKV&I to request an update on the application - x working days after Biometrics. I was advised that

For those that did not pay priority ignore above and continue here

I paid the fee required for processing of the application within the service agreement timeframe of x weeks. This service is provided on the basis that decision is made in x weeks. On --/--/-- I contacted UKV&I to request an update on the application - x working days after Biometrics. I was advised that

Priority and none priority continue new paragraph from here

As of today, I still have not received any update - x weeks. Furthermore, my wife/husband and I have not been contacted by anybody at UKV&I to explain the specific details of the reason for the hold up and we have no idea what is happening with our application - x working days since Biometrics.

For those whose passport has been retained - SPONSOR

Aside from the distress of being apart from my wife/husband for over x weeks and with no idea when I might see him/her next, UKV&I also have custody of my passport.

All

At this point I would also like to share with you that I am not the only individual to find myself in this desperate situation. Several others I am aware of up and down the country are also experiencing the same difficulties. They too have today contacted their MP and the list of MPs’ who have been contacted in relation to this issue with UKV&I are as follows

1)
2) etc

I understand that you cannot in anyway influence the outcome of the application. However, I believe that you are able to make an enquiry direct to UKV&I and find out what is happening with my application and possibly escalate the process. I would be very grateful if would do this for me.

The application number is GWF 123456789
Applicant name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VAF number xxxxxx

I am the sponsor and my contact details are below and you are welcome to contact me at any time.

Kind regards

First name
Full name and title
Address

TEL: xxxxxxxxxx

I hope you find this useful and understand the formatting. Any questions, just ask. Feel free to add at the appropriate point any additional imformation you feel is pertinent to your situation.

Good Luck
Simon
Thanks Simon for u r time to do that
So request to all to do it in this coming week
Who didn't contact with u r mp
Please send it as soon as u can
Might be it will be helpfull
Otherwise we will find other option like
Newspaper or BBC
First all sponsor send this
Regards
Bham