ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years IRL and Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faheeemnow789
Newly Registered

10 Years IRL and Dependent

Post by Faheeemnow789 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:00 am

Dear Respected Members

I am going to apply ILR ten years route soon. My has recently come to UK. She is my Dependent on Tier 1Ent. While sending my ILR what application do I have to send for my wife? Becouse my bcos I am not earning 18600. Also she has recent come. Plz answer me all options available. Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: 10 Years IRL and Dependent

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:11 am

If you apply for ILR under 10 years long residence your wife can't remain as your PBS dependent and will have to switch to FLR(M). This will re-set her immigration clock back to zero, putting her on a new 5 year (2.5 + 2.5) route to settlement.

If she has no plans to travel outside of the UK, she may be able to delay this until you are earning £18,600 p.a. Otherwise FLR(M) will fail due to not meeting the minimum income level. What category of visa do you currently hold?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Faheeemnow789
Newly Registered

Post by Faheeemnow789 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 am

Hi casa thanks for ur reply.

Is there any other way apart from FLR M? I have heard about family life 10 years route as partner. Correct me if I am wrong.

Faheeemnow789
Newly Registered

Post by Faheeemnow789 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:27 am

I have sent my Tier 1 ent extension recently. My ten years will complete in next 90 days..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:30 am

Faheeemnow789 wrote:Hi casa thanks for ur reply.

Is there any other way apart from FLR M? I have heard about family life 10 years route as partner. Correct me if I am wrong.
In my honest opinion, a FLR(FP) 10 year partner route application would be extremely weak as you say your wife has only recently arrived in the UK as a PBS dependent.

How much do you currently earn?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.