ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raj86
India

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by Raj86 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:23 am

That's siman
Anyone who received the court hold msg.....
Got there visa ? Or showing anything on that trackerp

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:50 am

maibm wrote: Hi pixel,

Good to hear from you.

Just out of interest, did you get the application awaiting a decision email out of the blue or did you get in touch with ukvi via email/phone asking for an update and they then told you this is where they're at with it?

In shaa Allah I don't see there being any issues and hope all works out for you also. I really hope you're right when you say we're close with the awaiting a decision date. We should stay in touch.

Also just thought I'd mention, that link that works for some people doesn't work for me, keeps saying not recognised. Does it work for you?
Hi Maibm,

I got the "awaiting a decision" email after I got in touch with UKVI via email for status update.

The link doesn't work for me either, but as per a lot of members on this forum, it's only supposed to work once your application is decided and ready to be dispatched.

And btw, other than the email you got from Sheffield asking you for the TB certificate, did you get any other correspondence from Home Office? Did they call you for an interview? Or call your employer to check your employment history? Or ask for any other additional documentation?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:56 am

@simon,

Very well written letter Simon! Thank you for taking the time and effort on behalf of all those who have been on a knife's edge for months now..

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:47 am

SimonS wrote:Hi All,

since there is a general consensus that some folks would appreciate a draft letter I provide the following

RE: UKV&I Issue - Spouse Settlement Visa Application - GWF 123456789

Dear your MP’s surname preceded Mr or Mr’s,

I write to you to ask for help with a Government office - UKV&I - that I do not believe is treating me with the correct or even acceptable service standards.

I married my wife/husband in month year and applied for Spouse Settlement Visa for him/her on --/--/--, Biometrics in country on --/--/--. I am a UK citizen from birth/hold ILR status and meet all of the criteria to sponsor his/her application and meet/exceed the minimum earning threshold with Basic Salary £xx pa and additional bonus at x% of basic if applicable.

The next paragraph is for those who paid priority

I paid the optional £551 for priority processing of the application. This service is marketed and sold on the basis that decision is made in 15 working days. On --/--/-- I contacted UKV&I to request an update on the application - x working days after Biometrics. I was advised that

Insert one of the following without the number or bold font and continue paragraph…..

1) the application had not even been assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer at that point
2) The application had been placed on hold without reason
3) The application had been placed on hold due to……(the reason)

For those that did not pay priority ignore above and continue here

I paid the fee required for processing of the application within the service agreement timeframe of x weeks. This service is provided on the basis that decision is made in x weeks. On --/--/-- I contacted UKV&I to request an update on the application - x working days after Biometrics. I was advised that

Insert one of the following without the number or bold font and continue paragraph…..

1) the application had not even been assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer at that point
2) The application had been placed on hold without reason
3) The application had been placed on hold due to……(the reason)

Priority and none priority continue new paragraph from here

As of today, I still have not received any update - x weeks. Furthermore, my wife/husband and I have not been contacted by anybody at UKV&I to explain the specific details of the reason for the hold up and we have no idea what is happening with our application - x working days since Biometrics.

For those whose passport has been retained - SPONSOR

Aside from the distress of being apart from my wife/husband for over x weeks and with no idea when I might see him/her next, UKV&I also have custody of my passport.

All

At this point I would also like to share with you that I am not the only individual to find myself in this desperate situation. Several others I am aware of up and down the country are also experiencing the same difficulties. They too have today contacted their MP and the list of MPs’ who have been contacted in relation to this issue with UKV&I are as follows

1)
2) etc

I understand that you cannot in anyway influence the outcome of the application. However, I believe that you are able to make an enquiry direct to UKV&I and find out what is happening with my application and possibly escalate the process. I would be very grateful if would do this for me.

The application number is GWF 123456789
Applicant name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VAF number xxxxxx

I am the sponsor and my contact details are below and you are welcome to contact me at any time.

Kind regards

First name
Full name and title
Address

TEL: xxxxxxxxxx

I hope you find this useful and understand the formatting. Any questions, just ask. Feel free to add at the appropriate point any additional imformation you feel is pertinent to your situation.

Good Luck
Simon
Very nice format. Any idea what is the equivalent to contacting local MP for British sponsors that do not live in the UK? Tried contacting British embassy but they just ignored.

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:20 am

Hi Simon, great template.

May I add the following based on my experience contacting MP few weeks ago?

1. MP will require more details to which you may have chosen to provide. Passport number of the applicant and expiry date, other listed names on application, email address submitted on application, IHS number, date application submitted and biometrics taken.

2. This type of enquiry takes generally around 3-5weeks for a response. I received mine on the 4th week

3. The enquiry goes to to a customer service standards manager regarding application performances throughout.

4.From my experience and reply if you received the on hold email generally part of the reply will be generic to what you already know and nothing else will be done until the home office decides what to do. Other emails (not straight forward) carry some weight as it's dependant on the circumstances.

I have to say my response from my MP was most helpful. Where as I was asked to submit additional documentation to decide my Application for some reason or another, UKVI never received the additional documents. Which then allowed me to resend and receive a confirmation that now my application had been dealt with. Best of luck, the more people do this the more everyone has a case to build up

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:33 pm

pixelrage09 wrote: Hi pixel,

Hi Maibm,

I got the "awaiting a decision" email after I got in touch with UKVI via email for status update.

The link doesn't work for me either, but as per a lot of members on this forum, it's only supposed to work once your application is decided and ready to be dispatched.

And btw, other than the email you got from Sheffield asking you for the TB certificate, did you get any other correspondence from Home Office? Did they call you for an interview? Or call your employer to check your employment history? Or ask for any other additional documentation?

Hi pixel, thanks. Sounds very similar to me. We've not had any other correspondence from ukvi/home office or Sheffield so no interview and I've no idea if they've contacted my employer (work at a bank and I put down the details for the main HR department). In the office I've not had anything to say there's been any type of enquiry etc.

The only contact they made was re the TB certificate which we provided straightaway the next day as opposed to stretching out the full 5 working days.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:24 pm

maibm wrote:
Hi pixel, thanks. Sounds very similar to me. We've not had any other correspondence from ukvi/home office or Sheffield so no interview and I've no idea if they've contacted my employer (work at a bank and I put down the details for the main HR department). In the office I've not had anything to say there's been any type of enquiry etc.

The only contact they made was re the TB certificate which we provided straightaway the next day as opposed to stretching out the full 5 working days.
Yea, I know UKVI can give conflicting guidelines on what they need etc. But, apparently I have come to find out that just the photocopy of your TB certificate is enough when you travel and not the original one since they have a UKVI number on there that they can use to check.

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:39 am

Hi I'm new member here .and this my case I did submitted application fiancé visa on 20 February after on 15th may I get email from Thailand say waiting in 5 working days will make decision then after 30th may they sent email again say my application hold on and I continue waiting untill now total 4month but still nothing responds.i checking application status ” in active ” this mean stop on that ?

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:58 am

Hi everyone,

I received a case not straightforward email on 8th june basis the email enquiry

Today i emailed them again to check on the status- they replied saying-
Your current application status is still under process and awaiting for a decision , this was last updated on 8th June.

I dont know what to make of this. I have sent the information for escalation.

Hi Simon,
Thank you for making the template. Its very helpful.

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 am

Trick wrote:Hi I'm new member here .and this my case I did submitted application fiancé visa on 20 February after on 15th may I get email from Thailand say waiting in 5 working days will make decision then after 30th may they sent email again say my application hold on and I continue waiting untill now total 4month but still nothing responds.i checking application status ” in active ” this mean stop on that ?
hi trick

Hopefully some guys showing this status in active
May be its mean hold stop on application
But not sure did u apply from Thailand
And what service u used standard or priorty

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:29 am

My husband got a reply back finally after paying for the status service they said...

Dear Zafar,

Thank you for your enquiry dated 12th of June regarding your visa application status. I am sorry for the delay in replying to your email.

According to the reference number GWFXXXXXXX which you provided in your email, our records show your application has been considered and is currently awaiting a decision. Please be aware that we are unable to see any further details about your application

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:43 am

I doubt this is real last week i called they said their only awaiting for a decision to be made... dont know how long they will take

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:54 am

Hi ish,

All this means is that all relevant checks are completed and you application is in the decision making centre just waiting for an eco or the someone from the senior team to make the decision amd itl be done.sometimes it takes a few days sometimes can take weeks but it shouldnt go on for months.

Goodluck.

Mohsin1987ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mohsin1987ali » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Ish21 wrote:My husband got a reply back finally after paying for the status service they said...

Dear Zafar,

Thank you for your enquiry dated 12th of June regarding your visa application status. I am sorry for the delay in replying to your email.

According to the reference number GWFXXXXXXX which you provided in your email, our records show your application has been considered and is currently awaiting a decision. Please be aware that we are unable to see any further details about your application
Hi ish,

Did you get the email that your application is on hold or any other email like case not straight forward

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Untraceable wrote:Hi Simon, great template.

1. MP will require more details to which you may have chosen to provide. Passport number of the applicant and expiry date, other listed names on application, email address submitted on application, IHS number, date application submitted and biometrics taken.

2. This type of enquiry takes generally around 3-5weeks for a response. I received mine on the 4th week

3. The enquiry goes to to a customer service standards manager regarding application performances throughout.

4.From my experience and reply if you received the on hold email generally part of the reply will be generic to what you already know and nothing else will be done until the home office decides what to do. Other emails (not straight forward) carry some weight as it's dependant on the circumstances.

I have to say my response from my MP was most helpful. Where as I was asked to submit additional documentation to decide my Application for some reason or another, UKVI never received the additional documents. Which then allowed me to resend and receive a confirmation that now my application had been dealt with. Best of luck, the more people do this the more everyone has a case to build up
Hi @Untraceable,

I see you have applied from Brazil and was granted your visa, congratulations! Did you also get the "On Hold" email? If so, would you mind answering a few questions?

When was the biometrics sent?
Did you pay for priority services?

I am on my 23rd week now and there has been no updates whatsoever fromt the HO yet. If you also got your application on hold, I would like to have an idea of how long they're taking to respond.

Many thanks,

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Ish, I got the exact same reply. My partner received tbe Supreme Court on hold email on 18.5.17. Last week I paid for an email update and was told the exact same. Not sure what to make of it tbh.

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:07 pm

My application used standard that's why they taking long without responses. Waiting over 4 months not easy and uncomfortable.im just worry after waiting end of 6 month then they deny that's realy hurt.

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:19 pm

whats your time line ????????
Trick wrote:My application used standard that's why they taking long without responses. Waiting over 4 months not easy and uncomfortable.im just worry after waiting end of 6 month then they deny that's realy hurt.

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Like I post above . I'm applied from February untill now total 4month

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:37 pm

@ all those who have received the "awaiting a decision" email, I came across a program on ITV that did a segment on marriage visas in the UK and corruption at the home office where visa officers were secretly taking bribes for granting visas.

There are now 4-5 entry clearance officers that work on every single settlement application (hence why HO is moving services for settlement visas from local British High Commissions to Sheffield) and scrutinize every bit of information you give them.

This was also corroborated to me by my MP that contacted Sheffield on our behalf.

So, basically there is an assistant ECO that checks all your documents and verifies its authenticity, while at the same time, another ECO is doing your background checks at all the places you have stayed in the last 10 years. Once these checks are done, it's then passed onto a DECISION MAKING CENTER where the decision maker (senior ECO) will go through your application one more time along with notes from the previous ECOs and then grants or denies the visa.

This is then passed onto the director of the department who then approves this decision and then they finally send all of this information electronically to your local BHC where your passport is held for the vignette to be stamped.

Add to this, the UK government is also trying to restrict as many people as they can from entering the country.

So, in essence, we can blame no one else other than the fraudsters and scammers who have abused the marriage system for years. It's cos of these shady blokes that us genuine couples have to suffer and will continue to suffer while the Home Office endlessly tighten immigration rules to the UK.
Last edited by pixelrage09 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:39 pm

No news from me guys .....
My 23rd week ..... I phone them today..... Nd ask the lady on the phone... what the hell is going on......
She said from 6th of march ur case is in awaiting for a decision.... loooool I mean seriously ??? First they are charging u so much to call Nd email Nd etc then they can't give u proper information and all she said she will email eco to find out what's gojng on... so hopefully the guy emails me back...
To be really
Honest I really don't know
What to do Nd how long to wait ....

Just received one email hold one on the 22nd Feb.....
Applied in Jan 2017 so.....

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi mohsin no i didnt get any email like that luckly

tarunmsn1981
BANNED

Re: uk spouse visa on hold and extreme delays

Post by tarunmsn1981 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:59 pm

SimonS wrote:Hi All,

since there is a general consensus that some folks would appreciate a draft letter I provide the following

RE: UKV&I Issue - Spouse Settlement Visa Application - GWF 123456789

Dear your MP’s surname preceded Mr or Mr’s,

I write to you to ask for help with a Government office - UKV&I - that I do not believe is treating me with the correct or even acceptable service standards.

I married my wife/husband in month year and applied for Spouse Settlement Visa for him/her on --/--/--, Biometrics in country on --/--/--. I am a UK citizen from birth/hold ILR status and meet all of the criteria to sponsor his/her application and meet/exceed the minimum earning threshold with Basic Salary £xx pa and additional bonus at x% of basic if applicable.

I hope you find this useful and understand the formatting. Any questions, just ask. Feel free to add at the appropriate point any additional imformation you feel is pertinent to your situation.

Good Luck
Simon

Hi Simon - Millions of thanks mate. You did a wonderful job. Template is really good. Thanks for your time and hard work on this. Hope and pray all of us hear good news very soon. Thanks for team work and God bless you Simon.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:29 pm

Hi Tarunmsn,

thank you, you're welcome. Many thanks to all for the kind words and appreciation.

I really hope it helps to generate a detailed and positive response for everyone who chooses to use it.

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:42 pm

tchindy wrote:
Untraceable wrote:Hi Simon, great template.

Hi @Untraceable,

I see you have applied from Brazil and was granted your visa, congratulations! Did you also get the "On Hold" email? If so, would you mind answering a few questions?

When was the biometrics sent?
Did you pay for priority services?

I am on my 23rd week now and there has been no updates whatsoever fromt the HO yet. If you also got your application on hold, I would like to have an idea of how long they're taking to respond.

Many thanks,
Hi tchindy

I have not received my decision yet, as transit times from the embassy to Brazil are very long! Around 10-15 working days. So it's in the post somewhere.

I submitted biometrics on 8th March
I supposedly received "on hold" email on 31st March (we never got this and only heard about it when we made our enquiry to my MP)
I was requested additional documents on 15th May (so visa was off hold by then)
I did pay for priority
I received a decision made email on 7th June
I am currently awaiting documents back

Fingers crossed for you, that's a very long time to be waiting! I hope this helps. Any questions am more than welcome to answer