ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport will expire in 10 days - ILR app in progress

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Apollo12
Newly Registered

Passport will expire in 10 days - ILR app in progress

Post by Apollo12 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi I have applied for ILR set(0) in june 2016 and caught up with the usual postal application delays. Its been a year since I applied. I sent the questionnaire back in may 2017. Now my passport is set to expire in 10 days . What will be the impact if i get a rejection? can i apply for admin review with expired passport? or even apply for a new ILR application with expired passport? My employer is willing to sponsor me for tier 2 , can I send a covering letter that passport expired due to HO delay in processing my initial application and that I do not have sufficient time to renew it if i go for admin review/new ill application or tier 2 route?? I'm so confused. I discussed with an immigration consultant and he confirmed that it isn't an issue . Please let me know of your thoughts guys.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport will expire in 10 days - ILR app in progress

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:35 am

If your SET(O) is refused on deception grounds ANY subsequent application could be refused.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Apollo12
Newly Registered

Post by Apollo12 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:20 am

zimba88 wrote:If your SET(O) is refused on deception grounds ANY subsequent application could be refused.

Thanks for your reply Zimba , no amendments, all taxes paid, don't see any reason why i'l get a deception imposed or my application refused. The only issue with my application is that i have done late sa submissions, there was no tax due, no amendments. If my passport expires , is it possible to switch my application to tier 2? variation reason would be the long delay with my present application and my employers want to secure my residential position within uk regardless of outcome of my current application.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Variation will not wipe away any pending investigation or issue HO currently have with your application. You probably will not get a same day response even if vary to Tier 2 and your application will remain with HO until they perform their investigations.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice