ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Dependent question- Urgent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avi

FLR M Dependent question- Urgent

Post by avi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Dear all,

I am on tier 2 and i have applied for ILR in March on tier 2- 5 year route. My visa expires 21st June 2017.

My wife is on a dependant visa , her visa expires 23rd July , 2017. Does she need to apply for FLR M on 21st June ? or she can apply by 23rd July.

The difference in the expiry date for both of us is because i changed my employment and my new visa was granted till 21st June 2017.

Second question is- Does she need to pay for IHS surcharge? i have done the online surcharge charge form, but the payment is coming as £0. is that correct?

Thanks for taking the time to read

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M Dependent question- Urgent

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 pm

My wife is on a dependant visa , her visa expires 23rd July , 2017. Does she need to apply for FLR M on 21st June ? or she can apply by 23rd July.
She DOES NOT have to switch to FLR(M). If she does, it will reset her clock to zero and a new 5 year (2 x 2.5 year visas) before she qualifies for ILR. She can continue to extend her PBS Dependent visa until she qualifies for ILR. She must apply before her current visa expires. You also don't state the date she got her visa and entered the UK.
Second question is- Does she need to pay for IHS surcharge? i have done the online surcharge charge form, but the payment is coming as £0. is that correct?
Yes, she must pay it, it is £600 for a PBS Dependent extension. You don't state what options you are given or what you have selected so it is anyone's guess what you are seeing online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avi

Post by avi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for replying , sorry I should have been more clear. As I didn't maintain £630 for last 3 months, we are applying Flr m as there is no maintenance requirement.

When I logged in for the IHS pay it doesn't give me the option of ILR to select for the main applicant only tier 2 and few other categories and I have put the expiry date as 21st june 2017.

My wife came here in July 2014.

Please help me as I know I have to apply soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:46 pm

She is not applying for ILR so you cannot select ILR for her. If she is applying for FLR(M), she is the main applicant. She applies alone, do not put your details in.

She must pay £500 IHS for FLR(M).

You should note that if your ILR fails, her FLR(M) will also fail. She can only apply for FLR(M) after you get ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avi

Post by avi » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi Cr001,

Thank you for your reply. Now I understand. One last thing - Does she still need to apply by 21st June ( as my visa expires that day ) or 23rd July which is on her biometric card. This difference in dates is because when I changed my application my visa was issued till 8th June 2017 and I didn't apply for her at that time.

Thanks

avi

Post by avi » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Sorry ignore the 8th june bit, I meant 21st June.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:27 pm

She must apply before her visa expires but after you get ILR.

If your ILR fails, her FLR(M) will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)