ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Laws Visitor Visa Refused!!, Case worker mistakes

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charyshiv
Newly Registered

In-Laws Visitor Visa Refused!!, Case worker mistakes

Post by charyshiv » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi All,

We planned to get my wife parents(in-laws) to visit us in UK. The case worker has rejected their visa based on Immigration rules V 4.2 (a, c, e). Please see the refusal letter below.
*** Refusal Letter ****

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of appendix V, immigration rules for visitor visa.

You have applied for a visit visa with your spouse in order to visit your daughter in the UK for 3 months and 12 days. While the acknowledge the importance of maintaining family ties, I note the following reasons which form the basis of the refusal of the application:

You have stated that you are self-employed and that your job-title is Business. You state that from this employment you derive an annual income of £5,473.50 (INR 4,54,848.00). How ever your documents as well as your answers in your application provide no further insight into your employment. This causes to doubt your intensions.

You have stated that the trip will personally cost £6016.85 (INR 5,00,000.00)

As an evidence of personal finances you have submitted the following bank details in your name

Bank balance - INR 6,38,267.75 (£7680.36).

However given the ambiguity surrounding your employment and income, I am not satisfied that the funds evidence within the account provided are available to you for your exclusive use in the UK.

You have provided little evidence of your own personal circumstances and as a result I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated enough fixed social and economic ties in India to warrant your departure from the UK at the end of your proposed visit.

Taking all the above into account, I am therefore not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor who will leave the UK at the end of your visit or who is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes or has sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or on-ward journey, any costs relating to dependants and the cost of planned activities such as private medical treatment. I am also not satisfied that your travel, maintenance and accommodation can and will be provided to support you for your intended duration of your visit by a third party. I have refused your application in accordance with paragraph V4.2 (a, c, e) of the immigration rules.

Future Application
Any future visa application you make will be considered on their individual merits however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change.

In relation to this decision there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

*** end of letter***
Here the case worker as mistook the amount stated for the trip will personally cost as INR 5,00,000.00 (£6016.85) instead of what is mentioned in the application as INR 50,000.00 (£601.68).

I have mentioned in the application that the other person who is going to sponsor their visit is myself and £1500.00 for their 3 months 12 days visiting costs. Case worker has not considered my documents at all.

I have also mentioned in the Invitation letter that I will be sponsoring their accommodation, travel and maintenance costs.

I have already purchased their on-ward and return journeys but not submitted their tickets as in the supporting documents it clearly mentioned not to submit their flight tickets.

As we would like to sponsor them totally, I just put INR 50,000 just in case if they want to bring little amount with them for their own purposes. This was mistook by the cases worker as INR 5,00,000.00 which is more that their income they receive annually (INR 4,54,848.00).

My Father-in-law runs a shop in India. (self-employed). I have provided their income-tax returns and audited annual returns for last financial year - 2016-2017. I have also provided CA letter showing their financial summary, Civil Engineer valuation report of their fixed assets and 1 year bank statements. And My Father-in-law also mentioned in his covering letter that he has to return to India to run his own business (shop).

From my self I have submitted,
Invitation letter (stating accommodation is self sufficient, and will support for all their visit costs)
Business bank statements,
Bersonal bank statements,
Accountant letter
Payslips
Invoices
Dividend vouchers
Council tax bill

My UK passport copy
My Wife passport copy.

After all these documents, they got refused due to mis read by the case worker that their trip cost is INR 500000.00. Also mentioned in refuse letter that we cannot appeal or administrative review. How could they do this type of accounting mistakes and not double check carefully in application what is mentioned before rejecting.

Could anybody please advise us how to approach in this situation. We are thinking to re-apply but as it was refused once, I think we already lost 50% of success in the next application. Could anybody guide us as to what else need to be submitted in the above documentation which have to prove that they have ties to come bank. They genuinely have a shop to come and run, they have two sons (one working in India) and the other is working in USA. Can we submit their details ? If so what details.

Please help. Sorry for this big post.

Thank you.

fatima-ahmed

Re: In-Laws Visitor Visa Refused!!, Case worker mistakes

Post by fatima-ahmed » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi ,
I just saw your post. I hope your parents-in-Law get the UK visa as soon as possible.
My family has also applied for visa last week. May I ask you a question.
Can you tell me how long did it take for their visa to process? I mean their visa Timeline?

Thank you and Good luck

charyshiv
Newly Registered

Post by charyshiv » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi,

They applied on 31st May in Hyderabad,
1st June application received in Chennai email confirmation,
14th June Visa application processed email confirmation.
16th June received documents.

took about 9-10 working days.

I hope your family will get their visa soon. Good luck!.

charyshiv
Newly Registered

Post by charyshiv » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:56 pm

Could anybody please advise on the above in-laws visitor visa refusal and how to go about it when re-applying.

Please help.

Thanks.

charyshiv
Newly Registered

Post by charyshiv » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:34 pm

As you cannot appeal or administrative review, I found a link to contact them either via email or phone - apparently you have to pay ahead for this service. :-(. charges for everything.
Contact UK Visas and Immigration in English

You can call or email English-speaking staff with a question about your application.

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english

Has anybody found this method useful? did you get any answers or solutions ?

Thanks,

charyshiv
Newly Registered

Post by charyshiv » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:16 pm

I got reply after 3 days and was not useful. Indirectly saying to reapply or complain. :-(. I paid £5 for this enquiry.
Thank you for contacting UK Visa and Immigration International enquiry service. Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying.

In regards to your query about the decision made on your application, your decision letter will contain details of why your visa has been refused/ rejected. We are unable to advise you on further steps you can take and any right of appeal will be detailed in your letter. If you do not have any appeal rights you may consider applying again, however if you are not happy please follow the complaint process on line.

For further information please visit

https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-tribunal

We can only advise you to refer back to your decision letter and/or seek independent legal advice. Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisors can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisors, which means they must meet certain standards.
Please see the link below to find an immigration advisor:

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Well this is what the visa centre are doing at present. It is not an error, it is a bit deliberate as they are aware that there will be no consequences.

The option is to file a new application, and they will probably say the same thing, or send them a pre-Action protocol.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sub2
Newly Registered

Post by sub2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi guys,
Why am i not shocked that this hasn't just happened to us?

It happened 3 times to us and twice within the last few months. All time stating documents were missing even though it was in the bundle.

Anyway, u can read my post abt it.

I've complained to my MP to take it forward. Perhaps more people should do it so they can address the root problem. A rogue caseworker or some sort of 'secret' policy to reject so they can generate more money on visa fees. It's ridiculous.

I was going to call them now and u've saved me the money for telling that the paid call was useless.
Thanks,

ratapita

Post by ratapita » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi there,

Just wondering if you had any joy , going through your MP ?

I am in a similar situation - my parents' visitor visas were refused twice; on the first occasion by the mistake of counter staff at VFS Global ( who handle the front office duties for UKVI) and more recently by a very petty minded caseworker. The reason they gave was that they were not satisfied about the financial status, as one of the bank statements were ( in their opinion) did not have the year on the dates of individual transactions. Granted they were right in that this was not the most user-friendly bank statement , there were 2 other statements from other bank accounts which they had no beef with ( apart from proof of other assets). The really funny part is that they refused my father's visa giving the same reason i.e. your wife's bank statement is not in order etc " when in fact he had his own bank statements and (and proof of other assets ) . Obviously the reason we make 2 separate applications and pay 2 separate fees is for each application to be considered on it own merit !

It is very unfair that the civil servants involved have no accountability whatsoever , after all I am the person inviting/sponsoring them and I am a British tax payer !
Grateful , if you are happy to share any progress you had ? Thanks