ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visa (VAF1A) or Family visit (VAF1B)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baba_baba

General visa (VAF1A) or Family visit (VAF1B)

Post by baba_baba » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi All

I am planning to apply for visit visa for my mom. She has been to the UK twice with general visa, back then I was not a permanent resistance. I am a British citizen now, but I am not sponsoring for her visit, I am just inviting her. She will be staying with our family friend and visiting us and she is paying for all her expenses.

My question is, what type of visa she needs to apply general or family visit visa?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General visa (VAF1A) or Family visit (VAF1B)

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Topic moved to the 'GENERAL IMMIGRATION' sub forum. Please DO NOT post visitor visa questions in the Tier 1 General Sub forum, you are not applying for a Tier 1 General visa!!!

All visitor visas are now 'Standard Visitor visa' applied online.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:28 am

CR001 wrote:Topic moved to the 'GENERAL IMMIGRATION' sub forum. Please DO NOT post visitor visa questions in the Tier 1 General Sub forum, you are not applying for a Tier 1 General visa!!!

All visitor visas are now 'Standard Visitor visa' applied online.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview
Thanks CR001,

If she is self-sponsoring, does she still require my salary
Slips? As I started my own business I have only taken £15 per year. In my last p60, I have a salary of £27k but for last 6 months I only have taken £15 k per year rate.

I am not paying for any part of her trip apart from providing food at some times.

My question is does she still require my pay slips and p6o? Also, my friend is providing accommodation. This is because, I only own a 2 bed house and I have 2 toddlers and my wife. Therefore she will be staying at his place. He is british and he has given a letter and his council tax letter. Anything else required?

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi CR001

Any advise from you? I greatly appreciate it, as this will help my mom and she needs this break to comfort her after the sudden death of my dad.

Thank you for your advise

Regards