ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working as a carer in Uk

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

olga
Newly Registered

working as a carer in Uk

Post by olga » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:09 am

Hi there,
I have been here for about 4 months visiting a very good friend of mine who is quite ill at the moment. She hasn't got anybody to look after her and have aske me if I can work for her as her permanent carer as she needs to be assited almost 24 hours a day.
I have turist visa and I wonder if anyone out there knows the procedure to get a work permit to work as a carer.
Do I need to go back and apply from my country or can I just apply from here?

any information will be so much appreciated

oli

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:03 am

You certainly cannot switch from a tourist visa to a "worker" status - whatever category that may be.

It would also help to know your friend's immigration status in Britain before we discuss any further aspects.

chealseaforlife
Newly Registered

Post by chealseaforlife » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:13 pm

Hi there,

If my memory serves me correctly, you are only allowed to be in the UK 3 months at a time, with the option of renewing for another 3 months after which you need to leave the Uk and then come back in.

It seems to me that you are already out of status after 4 months. You need to get that problem fixed 1st of all, before considering getting a work visa, which you can only get from your home country.

I dnot know if there are specific visas for carers but you can check that from the IND website

olga
Newly Registered

Post by olga » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:55 am

Hi there,
Thanks for your valuable information. I just want to clarify that my turist visa is for 6 months and my friend that needs care is a British citizen, Who has lived here for most of her life.
Any ideas??

Thnaks a lot again