ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Making a complaint for Tier 2 dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhruv45in

Timeline after successful administrative review

Post by dhruv45in » Thu May 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi all. I had applied for a Tier2 ICT visa on 22 March which was refused by the ECO as he concluded wrongly that I had not spent the cooling off period of 12 months as I had the same visa before. I challenged the decision and the admin review was successful after which I was asked to submit my passport for visa stamp. I submitted my passport with the VAC here in india on 21 Apr and still waiting to get my passport back. I have written to the ukvi helpline in which they have told me they have escalated the case and I will hear from them soon. I also phoned the paid service today and the guy on the other end had no clue why it was taking so long but agreed it's taken longer time than normal. He mentioned a decision has not been made yet as they might be waiting on some background information. Now that has made me worried as I thought a successful administrative review would mean a decision has been made!
Can someone who has some insight help me explain why is it taking so long for my passport to come back. Is there a possibility they are looking into the case and seeking some more information even though the ECM decided the review in my favour? Can they still refuse me a visa even after the successful review?
Thanks

lella111
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline after successful administrative review

Post by lella111 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:24 pm

My relative is in the same situation since he submitted his passport on 26th April after successful AR, seeing your post made me lose hope in receiving an answer soon.
Wish you all the best!

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Fri May 12, 2017 5:19 am

I don't understand what's taking them this long to issue a visa sticker.

Atleast it's not only me who's waiting. Please update me when your relative get their passport back.

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Sun May 14, 2017 5:10 am

I haven't received my passport back or heard anything from them regarding the escalation of my case. This is getting into an endless waiting game with the patience of my employers running out. It's been two months now between the initial application, refusal for an entry clearance, successful review and submission of passport for the visa stamp.

lella111
Newly Registered

Post by lella111 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:59 pm

This is very long! The problem is that on the decision email they specify that: to avoid any further delays, you should notify them when you make the IHS payment and drop the passport, but this doesn't seem to make any difference to the processing time. I read in another form that the stamp takes between 4 to 6 weeks :'(
UKVI doesn't unfortunately provide any updates via email or phone, and there is no way you can know what's going on!
Being unfamiliar with this AR, now I regret why we haven't just submitted another entry clearance application and paid the application fee again, as the timeline is unrestricted!

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Mon May 15, 2017 6:57 am

Given a chance, I would also apply for another EC than AR.
But what annoys me is we end up paying for the UKVI's mistake. In my case the ECO simply overlooked the employer letter and immigration stamps on my passport.

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Mon May 15, 2017 11:02 am

Just got an email from work. They want me to come soon otherwise the hiring may not be approved. I'm really feeling helpless now and there might be a situation where i can lose my job because of the time it's taken and total lack of a tracking process.

Can someone may be guide me or tell me how to go about it? I would like to know when to expect my documents back and is there anything at all I can do to get the passport back quickly?

venky55555

Post by venky55555 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:53 am

Hi Dhruv45in,

I am not sure this is useful or not.

My wife visa was also rejected and i have requested for an administrative review. (Tier 2 dependant visa)
My wife visa administrative review success.
Today in Hyderabad she submitted the passport and email copy and they told her it will take more than 5 working days to stamp the visa.

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Mon May 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. When i submitted my passport following the AR review, I was told I will get it back within 10 days. The problem is these VFS people know nothing and you can't even hold then accountable. I hope it works out better for you.

venky55555

Post by venky55555 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Thanks for your concern.

Sorry for you it is taking so long time for you.

I will update here when my wife is contacted by the VFS office Hyderabad to collect the passport and visa.

Mamama
Newly Registered

Post by Mamama » Wed May 17, 2017 7:46 am

Dhruv45in
Hi i just want to did the admin. Reviewer messaged you something about the status of your AR before they told you that your AR was successful? They message me that they are conducting further checks and they will email me soon once it is done. do you think there is a possibility that mycase will be successful after they finished conducting further checks?

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Wed May 17, 2017 9:10 am

Hi
No the ECM (Entry Clearance Manager) didn't contact me anytime during the review. I only received an email from them saying the AR was successful and I should submit my passport to get the visa stamp.

venky55555

Post by venky55555 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi Dhruv45in

Any update on your visa??

lella111
Newly Registered

Post by lella111 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Dru,
My relative received confirmation email that the visa was issued and that his passport will be sent back soon to the centre where he first applied.
Hope you will hear from UKVI soon.

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Thu May 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Yes I've also received the visa approval letter and hopefully will get my passport tomorrow or Monday from the vfs office.

venky55555

Post by venky55555 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:06 am

Great Congrats to both of you.

Have a good time in UK.

I am still waiting on my wife's visa.

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Fri May 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Update : collected my passport with the visa stamp today at the vfs centre. Flying to UK tomorrow :)

gethuravi
Newly Registered

Post by gethuravi » Mon May 22, 2017 7:09 am

dhruv45in wrote:Update : collected my passport with the visa stamp today at the vfs centre. Flying to UK tomorrow :)
Hi Dhruv, was it one year or two year T2 ICT ?....I'm also waiting for my passport to be stamped after successful reply of Admin review.Submitted on 15th may.

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Thu May 25, 2017 1:27 pm

3 years

venky55555

Post by venky55555 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just update on my wife's visa
she received a call on Wednesday 24/05/2017 to collect the passport.
she went to the visa office on 25/05/2017 and collected the passport with the visa stamp.

danie_boe
Newly Registered

Post by danie_boe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Your post is very helpfull , from your post is can assumed that visa stamped in approximately one month or under a month ,

I submitted my passport on 2nd june now hoping to get back soon after AR Succesfull ..

Best of luck for your Career .

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:46 am

danie_boe wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:06 pm
Your post is very helpfull , from your post is can assumed that visa stamped in approximately one month or under a month ,

I submitted my passport on 2nd june now hoping to get back soon after AR Succesfull ..

danie how long it took for your visa to get stamped and after what email you got after AR success to submit.
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:50 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:46 am
danie_boe wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:06 pm

danie how long it took for your visa to get stamped and after what email you got after AR success to submit.
thanks
Kindly keep your Tier 4 questions in the Tier 4 sub forum rather than tagging onto a topic in the Tier 2 sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

satishp2k
Newly Registered
India

Post by satishp2k » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for Administrative review for my wife on Dec 21, 2017 who is on ICT tier 2.
When can we expect for AR response from home office?? what is the next step for the passport to be stamped?
Is it the applicant needs to go to VFS again to submit the passport?? Within how many maximum days, passport will get stamped and returned???
Waiting for the response

Grenze
Mood:
Germany

Post by Grenze » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:37 am

Its pretty insane how long it takes these people to issue the visas for the amount of money they charge for the whole process. I had a succesful admin review on the 28th Dec and was told to submit passport. Submitted passport on Jan 2nd and am still waiting.

What can I do to harras these people? This process has taken months when it should have been days and is driving me insane.

Considering just going to UK since im a no visa national and just picking up the BRP. Would that be illegal?