ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Query(Urgent)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiran99
Newly Registered

EC Query(Urgent)

Post by kiran99 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:12 am

Hi guys,
I've got my HSMP approval letter valid from 8th Feb 2008.
I've applied for HSMP from India.
I had plans of applyin for EC in March.
But now my employer is planning to send me to US on L1 Visa (work visa)
in April. So, I cannot apply for EC from India within this short duration as EC may take more than a month.

So, in this regard is it possible to apply for EC once I go to US??
Or can I ask for an urgent treatment for EC in India.
The HSMP validity period of 6 months might expire once I return from US.
Experts, moderators and others who were on the same boat please help me

Thanks & Regards,
kiran

ash123

Post by ash123 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:19 am

how will you apply from US also ?
You have to be present for biometric scanning + you require to send in your passport for EC!

kiran99
Newly Registered

Post by kiran99 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 am

Hi ash123,
Thanks for the reply.
My question is whether I can apply at US branch of UK embassy which is other than my home country India. I would be travelling to US to work there for sometime on L1. If allowed, I would give the biometric there and submit the docs. I don't know if I can stay in a foreign country (US) without my passport & US visa for a while until I get my passport from the local UK embassy there.

Regards,
kiran

ash123

Post by ash123 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:34 am

I think the passport is always supposed to be with you when in US. That's my understanding.

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:15 pm

I am not sure but my assumption is that you have to apply from your home country. Reason is that the people who apply for HSMP from UK or elsewhere, they have to apply from EC from their home country. I would suggest to raise query to Home office for the same.

Regards,......Azfer

jagacharaja

Re: EC Query(Urgent)

Post by jagacharaja » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:13 pm

Kiran,

While seeking for info on forums might help, I would also recommend getting in touch directly w/the UK consulate that would fall under your jurisdiction in the US (they have visa-issuing posts in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles I believe). I had emailed the Chicago UK consulate multiple times and had found them very helpful w/my queries (myself an Indian citizen on H1B in the US). Hope you have already checked out britainusa.com

The reason I'm hesitating in speculating either way to your query is because you're coming on L1 visa for a comparatively short period of time, whereas I had been in the US for some years and was able to produce proof of my US residency (utility bills, driver's license, employment letter, paystubs, tax returns etc.) - not sure if you will be able to provide any of these (or if you even need to), hence my suggestion above of contacting the consulate directly stating them your case.

Do share what you find out.

Good luck.
kiran99 wrote:Hi guys,
I've got my HSMP approval letter valid from 8th Feb 2008.
I've applied for HSMP from India.
I had plans of applyin for EC in March.
But now my employer is planning to send me to US on L1 Visa (work visa)
in April. So, I cannot apply for EC from India within this short duration as EC may take more than a month.

So, in this regard is it possible to apply for EC once I go to US??
Or can I ask for an urgent treatment for EC in India.
The HSMP validity period of 6 months might expire once I return from US.
Experts, moderators and others who were on the same boat please help me

Thanks & Regards,
kiran