ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born after PR status but before PR ISSUE DATE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mamatish
Newly Registered

Child born after PR status but before PR ISSUE DATE

Post by mamatish » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Hello
Pls I have a question hoping you can help
I will like to kno if I need to pay the £1k fee for my sons britsh passport.
I acquired PR status in Jan 2017, and gave birth to my son in Feb 2017. But my PR date of issue is Jun 2017. Going by date of issue I wil need to pay as my son was born before this date. But going by date of PR status which is January 2017 I won't need to pay as my son was born afterwards. Pls advice which is right

LilyLalilu

Re: Child born after PR status but before PR ISSUE DATE

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:54 pm

British by birth if UK-born. You can apply straight for a passport (treaty rights passport application): https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

mamatish
Newly Registered

Post by mamatish » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Thank you

mamatish
Newly Registered

Post by mamatish » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:43 am

Hello once again
I just spoke to HMPO about getting a british passport for my son. But they said I won't be able to because I am not an eea national and his father is also not. I explained that my ex hubby was d eea national but after the divorce I have gained PR and therefore am still a family member of an eea national. But the lady kept saying I won't b able to get it as I mysef is not ab eea national and also the biological father. She said Becos am from Africa and the father also even tho I hv PR I won't b able to pass it down to my child. Pls help is this correct? I don't think so

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:52 am

Your previous posts states you got married to your EU partner in March 2012. You therefore only attained PR in March 2017, assuming you were in the UK when you married in 2012.

eea-route-applications/pr-after-retaini ... l#p1421975

If this is the case, your child is not British and you need to register on form MN1 and pay the almost £1000 fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mamatish
Newly Registered

Post by mamatish » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:52 am
Your previous posts states you got married to your EU partner in March 2012. You therefore only attained PR in March 2017, assuming you were in the UK when you married in 2012.

eea-route-applications/pr-after-retaini ... l#p1421975

If this is the case, your child is not British and you need to register on form MN1 and pay the almost £1000 fee.
Thanks for replying. My son was born April 2017. That's a month after I hv acquired PR status. So am I still required to register him first. The issue date is aug 2017. But the status has been acquired since March.

The second problem is that the lady I spoke to did not even agree that I cud either register him or apply direct. She said Becos am not an eea national he can't be britsh even after I told her I am a family member just divorced

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:51 pm

Your posts are very confusing.

You first stated PR attained in January and child born in February.

To apply for a passport for him, you need to prove you were "settled", i.e PR and submit documetary evidence of this.

Did you get a letter from HO with your PR card stating date you attsined PR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mamatish
Newly Registered

Post by mamatish » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Am sorry fr the very first post. That was just me being anonymous. No I dint not receive letter saying wen i acquired PR. But going by my calculations it shd b March 2017. Had my baby in april 2017.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:03 pm

You need to find out then and get co formation feom HO otherwise HMPO wont help you.

Apply for your SAR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mamatish
Newly Registered

Post by mamatish » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Ok I will. Thank you. Assuming I get the date as PR status from March 2017. Do I need to register him. The HMPO don't really know what am talking about cos they sed I cannot even apply for anything

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 pm

HMPO only deal with passports. HO deals with citizenship (MN1) applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mamatish
Newly Registered

Post by mamatish » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:38 pm

Ok thanks
But would I need to Register him if tell date on letter states my date of status befr he was born?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:49 pm

If he was born BEFORE you attained PR, then yes. If he was born AFTER the date you attained PR, then no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mamatish
Newly Registered

Post by mamatish » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Thanks

mamatish
Newly Registered

Post by mamatish » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi croo1. Following previous post. I have now applied for my sons passport via the post office check and send service. Am a bit worried. This is Becos the guy checking the documents indicated that it may not be granted Becos am a NON EEA NATIONAL. also the father is a NON EEA national. I explained that only one parent needs to be settled and as I have PR in my own rights (divorced from my ex who is eea national) before the child was born it shd be fine. Is this correct? As I tot I cud give my son citizenship even if his dad is NON EEA national