ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Tier1 dependent or Family of a settled person

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blok242
Newly Registered

Spouse visa Tier1 dependent or Family of a settled person

Post by blok242 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:55 am

Hi

I was initially on Tier 1 General visa and now have ILR since 1 year.

I would be applying for my spouse's visa from outside the UK but am confused about the visa category, because of the below sentence in the guidance 'Appendix FM'

This guidance does not apply to applications made as the partner of a Relevant Points Based
System (PBS) migrant who has been granted indefinite leave to remain as a PBS migrant
where the migrant partner applies under the PBS provisions under Part 8.
It does however
apply to partners of Relevant PBS Migrants who are applying under Appendix FM for leave to
remain in the UK, whose partner has been granted indefinite leave to remain under the long
residence provisions of the Immigration Rules.

Can someone please help whether my spouse should apply as Tier 1 dependent or Family of settled person

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Spouse visa Tier1 dependent or Family of a settled perso

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:09 am

Will this be your spouse's first settlement visa as your spouse or was she issued a PBS dependent visa earlier?

If this is her first spouse visa, family of a settled person visa.

If she was issued a PBS dependent visa earlier AND it is still valid (i.e. you are extending an existing PBS dependent visa) AND you got your ILR based on PBS rules and not on Long Residence rules, then a PBS dependent visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

blok242
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa Tier1 dependent or Family of a settled perso

Post by blok242 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:51 am

Thanks, this is her first visa so will apply for family of a settled person.