ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council tax

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pd1gtk
Newly Registered

council tax

Post by pd1gtk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:25 am

hello. I am currently applying for a Tier 2 (3 yr) visa. I was previously in the UK on a student visa from Sep/15 to Jan/17. My course ended in Sep/15 but I stayed on till January as I was appearing for medical licensing exams. After the end of my course I moved in with a student friend of mine who was not paying council tax.
My question is will the UKBA look into any unpaid council tax bills since I have to mention the address I was staying in as well as the period of stay in the Tier 2 online application. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: council tax

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:55 am

Was your name on the council tax?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pd1gtk
Newly Registered

Post by pd1gtk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:47 am

Yes, from September to December primarily because the new tenant (student) in my old room had not registered with the council. After I left UK apparently a person came asking about how many people were staying in the house but my friend told them I had left in September.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:08 pm

pd1gtk wrote:Yes, from September to December primarily because the new tenant (student) in my old room had not registered with the council. After I left UK apparently a person came asking about how many people were staying in the house but my friend told them I had left in September.
Best to be honest and pay up. Call up council and check if you owe them.
Why risk a rejection and a lot of money(COS, application fees...)
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

pd1gtk
Newly Registered

Post by pd1gtk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:40 am

thank you.